The Affliction.

bumblebee

I cant say that about Thailand Jim, but Im sure glad Ive never thought about joining Facefook :search:

amen to that, my brother.

you wanna "friend" me, let's do it over a beer in pattaya while watching yet another beautiful ladyboy's ass erase all memory of the "the most beautiful ladyboy i ever met" with whom i'd fallen in love just the night before.

:drinks:

amen to that, my brother.

you wanna "friend" me, let's do it over a beer in pattaya while watching yet another beautiful ladyboy's ass erase all memory of the "the most beautiful ladyboy i ever met" with whom i'd fallen in love just the night before.

:drinks:

Amen again bro :drinks: , and you aint got a bad ass yourself amigo :winking0023:

post-136-0-79084100-1338291550_thumb.jpg

Afflication indeed! With all the decisions & troubles we naturally accumulate & work through in life, we knuckleheads here have become obsessed with transsexuals who live on the other side of the earth from our "normal" life that we share with our everyday friends & family.

What do we do with this? Leave family, friends & careers to follow a seductive notion? Work for 49-50 weeks a years constantly thinking about these beautiful creatures that await us on holidays in the hot sun laced with cool drinks & exotic locations while keeping up appearances at home? It's a damned impossible life.... it's called cognitive dissonance.

I get bored with the constant heat & humidity & endless noisy traffic & hanging in bars with barely english speaking bargirls, or tired drunks, & being physically sick about 1/3 of the time I have spent there...... & yet I am always planning my next trip back. That's probably textbook addictive behavior.

• Upvote 2

Thing is I don't really care much for Thailand

Rather surprised to hear you say that, Brother JimJim, the laid-back hedonist that you are. And I can honestly say that no, never once have I ever wished I hadn't discovered the place.

I was curious how my opinion would change after moving here last September. Not enough time has passed to conclude decisively, but despite the frustrations and silliness, I'm still giddy to be here.

I just love the lifestyle... I think it has just about everything I need and enjoy... Tropical climate with no winters (!!!), easy-going peaceful culture and lifestyle, affordable world-class spicy (!) food, Buddhism and its aesthetics, affordable massage as part of the fabric of the culture, the pharmacies, the textiles and that I can easily design whatever I want (one man's faggoty trousers is another man's treasure and all that), the nightlife and the LB-lovers' brotherhood, the beaches and landscape, and the palpable uninhibited intense and intoxicating sexuality in the air so thick you could cut it with a knife.

No, can't say I don't like the place...

• Upvote 2

My affliction started with something called the Big Bash in 2009. I now try to make 2 trips a year. These are the only vacation or days off I take and they are only for my enjoyment. I have made so many mistakes, but also have met so many friends. I hope to keep making mistakes and meeting friends. Thanks to all. :happy0065:

I remember it well Mac... :happy0065:

I just love the lifestyle... I think it has just about everything I need and enjoy... Tropical climate with no winters (!!!), easy-going peaceful culture and lifestyle, affordable world-class spicy (!) food, Buddhism and its aesthetics, affordable massage as part of the fabric of the culture, the pharmacies, the textiles and that I can easily design whatever I want (one man's faggoty trousers is another man's treasure and all that), the nightlife and the LB-lovers' brotherhood, the beaches and landscape, and the palpable uninhibited intense and intoxicating sexuality in the air so thick you could cut it with a knife.

No, can't say I don't like the place...

Ah since you put it like that ........ I'll be back .