Music, good or bad.

seven

• 2 weeks later...

Two things dear to many expats are being rolled into one as the world's largest hip hop festival is coming to Pattaya this Songkran.  :notfair:

How's that for a combination?   :biggrin:

It's at Legend Siam which makes believe it's in Pattaya but is actually quite a bit away down by Bang Saray.  

hiphop.jpeg

Tickets go on sale December 16th.  The festival is April 13-15.  BBG, you up for it?   

https://www.rollingloud.com/thailand

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Woodie said:

I cringe when I hear it played in Pattaya bars.

do you mean played by a live thai band Woodie? or the actual record? personally i cringe and keep running when i hear a Thai band play anything at all. Plus you are always liable to see Pdoggg  at the front dancing the old boys dance.....

Country Roads runs it pretty close as a live song too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, blind boy grunt said:

do you mean played by a live thai band Woodie? or the actual record? personally i cringe and keep running when i hear a Thai band play anything at all. Plus you are always liable to see Pdoggg  at the front dancing the old boys dance.....

Country Roads runs it pretty close as a live song too.

I did mean played live.

• Like 1

I just recently found out the name of this song and the artist. I'd heard the music in Pulp Fiction first, during the scene where Vincent asks Mia for a sip of her $5 milkshake. Then I sort of filed it away. Then a few weeks ago I was watching a video of the deleted scenes from The Warriors. One deleted early scene has the gang walking abreast down the boardwalk at Coney Island, with their leader Cleon a few steps behind. I thought there's that music again, and after straining my brain and asking other fans of The Warriors, about this song, I came up with it. Rumble, by Link Wray and The Wraymen

Some cool facts about it: It was banned in several US radio markets, because the term 'rumble' was a slang term for a gang fight, and it was feared that the piece's harsh sound glorified juvenile delinquency. The record is the only instrumental single ever banned from radio in the United States.

Bob Dylan once referred to "Rumble" as "the best instrumental ever", and the piece has remained widely used in various entertainment media. It has been used in movies, documentaries, television shows, and elsewhere, including Top Gear, The Warriors (in the deleted opening scene), Pulp Fiction, Screaming Yellow Theater with host Svengoolie, Independence Day, SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One, Blow, the pilot episode of the HBO series The Sopranos, StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, Riding Giants, Roadracers, and Wild Zero.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Sylvester said:

Allman Brothers Band

One of my favorite bands even though in general I'm not a Southern Rock fan.  

First time I ever heard Jessica was live and was blown away even though quite often it takes awhile for a song to grow on you.   The tune was later resurrected as the Top Gear theme. 

I remember reading a NY weekly newspaper in which a woman wrote a long article about her masturbation ritual ~ drinking a glass of wine in her bathtub listening to Mountain Jam which is loosely based on a Donavan tune.  The Allman Brothers were dubbed the Fillmore East house band and below is Mountain Jam live at the Fillmore.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
57 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

One of my favorite bands even though in general I'm not a Southern Rock fan.  

I have just rediscovered them after many years. So many great tunes.

I have been spending far more time listening to music (after a few tokes :rolleye0012:) than watching videos/movies for several months, and it has done me a world of good. I highly recommend it.

• Like 2