Music, good or bad.

seven

3 hours ago, Sylvester said:

Radiohead.

Creep is a masterpiece. They’re a bit dull, shoe gazing, for my taste.

1 hour ago, Lone Ranger said:

I’ve seen Radiohead

Seen them once too around that time. Don’t remember much. Yorke did a tour here this summer  with his ‘new’ band, or was it another Radiohead member? 

• Like 2
21 hours ago, seven said:

Stones Saturday and Bob in September , thats enough. Cost me a damn good 4-week millionaire soi 6 splash, buying drinks to all the barowners included.

I love these blues men, bought Mannish boy album long time ago. That said, honestly I'm too white, I don't have that in me,  but to my defence I never listened to Fleetwood Mac.  I'm a privileged gen x who wouldn't know first thing about the hardship these guys went through. 

Rediscovered Beck the other night. The guy is a genius. Saw him live in the nineties right after Loser came out. Brilliant gig. We weren't sure wtf hit us.

I think seeing the Stones and Dylan is money well spent mate. I haven't visited LOS since 2019 but did about ten times in the seven years before, and to be honest I was and am a bit jaded with Thailand. I'd rather see a music legend at home.

(ladyboys.....meh!!)

I like Beck too but heard a few stories which suggest he's a bit of a dick. Talented though. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Jimmy Cargopants said:

I think seeing the Stones and Dylan is money well spent mate. I haven't visited LOS since 2019 but did about ten times in the seven years before, and to be honest I was and am a bit jaded with Thailand. I'd rather see a Music legend at home.

(ladyboys.....meh!!)

Same here and that why I chose to go and  see Diane Ross in Concert at the Manchester Arena last month instead of a trip to Thailand or Turkey, real 'Legends' don't come around too often these days and it was an opportunity I wasn't going to miss. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Lone Ranger said:

Seen Bob Dylan a long time ago in the summer of 85 at Newcastle football ground. Support acts were good too Carlos Santana and Lindisfarne .

I believe that was 84? I was at the same tour, Mick Taylor (Stones) and Ian McLagan (Faces) was in Bobs band. My first Dylan gig.

Edit: looked it up. Newcastle was 5 July ‘84.

508B7DCF-EB46-40EF-AEF7-077D60266BED.jpeg

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Jimmy Cargopants said:

I think seeing the Stones and Dylan is money well spent mate. 

Thanks for moral support :) , buy yes I agree , I don’t regret it for a second, worth every penny. Watching a great live act especially these two is priceless to me,   although tickets are expensive today.  
It’s ‘only’ 5 short times in Patts or 3 in Bkk sans pimpfee and ladydrinks.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, seven said:

Almost 40 years ago!!!

Fuck we’re old :( though Mick turned 79 yesterday.

Yeah time goes by so fast. Just the other day I was talking with Kim who runs the cafe at work, I asked how old she was she said 32 born 27th May 1990. I said I know where I was the day you were born. Spike Island watching The Stone Roses 

• Like 1

This band could be something. Quite talented lads.

The show was amazing. I'm in awe. Greatest rock'n roll band ever.

Set list:

1. Street fighting man 2. Let’s spend the night together 3. Tumbling dice 4. Out of time 5. Out of control 6. Angie 7. You can’t always get what you want 8. Living in a ghost town 9. Honky tonk women 10. You got the silver 11. Connection 12. Miss you 13. Midnight rambler 14. Paint it black 15. Start me up 16. Gimme shelter 17. Jumpin’ Jack Flash Encore 18. Sympathy for the devil 18. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction

(Its shit quality photos, but I just had to take a few snaps like everyone else).

07E7F718-32A2-425A-A6E8-5AD4942C2172.jpeg

F676CE40-CFE3-4FFE-B774-DE7F9FF21F54.jpeg

• Like 4
On 7/26/2022 at 8:48 PM, Sylvester said:

Beck is great. Loser is a great song. Reminded of Creep by Radiohead.

Fantastic Song!. Not the best version I have heard. Some covers are better. Look up Brian Justin Crum. Yes I know it is on AGT, but it is till one of the best renditions.

• Like 2

I'll just throw these up for the afterworld. Amazing quality videos. Still on a high after the concert.  Absolutely great concert, far better than expected.

I remember a time when you would struggle to find a bootleg audio from a Springsteen gig in the 80's. My first bootleg I got was a Blondie gig from 1978. Nowadays there are high quality videos up from the event just minutes later. Amazing!

• Like 1