Which Bars Will Survive And Which Will Close

Pdoggg

The earliest that bars could reopen is October 1st but I think that date is overly optimistic.  Which bars do you think will tough it out?

Which will close?

Think it's a loyalty factor with bars having built up a fan base surviving?

Or mostly economics with bars whose owners have deep pockets or favorable lease terms surviving?

Would you feel really sad if a particular bar closed? 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Or mostly economics with bars whose owners have deep pockets or favorable lease terms surviving?

Would you feel really sad if a particular bar closed? 

KRuS will most likely open again. 

TJs I'd hate to see go, but hopefully Em can cope.

Hope Emmy Bar will stay as well.

All the other I'm indifferent to really as long as all the ladymen stick around which could be a catch 22. Or is it? Bars are closed now, but there are many ladymen around so Ive heard. So they must be making a living even without bars or are the online wankers supporting them?

Just my humble opinion.

• Like 4

I honestly thought La Bamba would close, but with a favourable lease agreement and Nok's boyfriend I assume assisting with finances, I believe they will be in a position to open again. I certainly hope so, I have been known to visit there he odd night.:biggrin:

I reckon 69 Bar may close, no offence to them, just an opinion, and obviously some have already closed. Be interesting to see one way or another.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, ciobha said:

I honestly thought La Bamba would close, but with a favourable lease agreement and Nok's boyfriend I assume assisting with finances, I believe they will be in a position to open again. I certainly hope so, I have been known to visit there the odd night.:biggrin:

I wonder why :wink:

• Like 2

I have  a long list of old staff and many new girls want to come back when Zaza is back in full swing .At the moment of course there just just isn't customers on the ground,  although I am getting constant emails and calls from guys still interested in visiting so I just hope  all businesses are back on track soon.

Like all bars and massage shops ,I was concerned when most staff had to go home and I didn't think they would return ( understandably  ) , I have lost two staff but all the rest are coming back soon. 

I wish all businesses the best in the slow recovery as things slowly come together 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

20210901_162324_copy_1612x1209.jpg

Went into town today since things were opening up on the 82nd anniversary of Hitler invading Poland.  Started out with a 3PM brekkie at the Hideaway and then low and behold there is new signage up at Sweethearts.  The new bar will be called Red Hot & Blue.  Not just a rebranding but a paradigm shift to fish from sausage.

We wish the best of luck to the owners and hosts!   :drinks:

• Like 6

Well if you look what they are doing after soi 6. I think soi 6 and 6/1 are on borrowed time personally. New hotel at the top of soi 6/1 (second road end). Just completely levelling huge swathes of buildings on second road. I think drinking street is going, was never that good anyway. It can't be all malls and tacky attractions surely.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...