So, there's this ladyboy, and.....

JaiDee

Where I live there are very few ladyboys; it's a small island and the smart LB's know there are no or very few customers here so they generally hang out in Phuket or Samui or Pattaya, you know..... but there are a few scattered about.

There's a fast food joint down the road from where I live, about 3 miles away. American fare, burgers and pizza, cheap beer, etc....and open 24 hours per day, awesome for a night owl like myself. About a month ago I noticed a ladyboy working there as a waitress; too tall for my tastes and barely passable, we quickly became friends nonetheless just because she is really nice and because I go there so often, 2 or 3 times per week. Her name is Pond. There is another one at the Mexican joint down the road, but she has one of those too-loud and annoying duck voices common amongst LB's, and is even less passable; she and I rarely chat unless she is taking my Taco order.

Anyway, about a week ago I placed my take away order at the American-style joint and then went to the 7/11 to get my usual crap while the order was being made; typical. I come back on my scooter and sat out front, waiting for someone to bring it curbside as is their custom. So Pond comes walking over staring at me, and we have been friends for about a month by now, and she says "You don't remember me, do you?" Uh-oh......certainly not in the mood for any type of confrontation, my mind starts racing as to what damage I may have done to this LB at some point but it's just not coming to me.

"Ummmm, well........"

She says "you used to be the boyfriend of May in Bangkok, right?"

Check. But then again half the ladyboys in Thailand are named May so that may have just been a good guess.

"And you used to stay with her at Miami apartments on Petchburi road, she had a roommate named Jeje and also Bee lived there". Yes, yes.....but how the fuck did this LB, hundreds of miles from anything remotely resembling a "scene" know that?

Turns out this girl Pond is 28 now, and when she was just a junior ladyboy of 18 she worked at the now-defunct Beverly Hills Club on soi 8 Sukhimvit road. {I think I may have even taken her out one time}. Not wanting her co-workers to know about her past, she quickly changed the subject, and I drove the 3 miles back to my bungalow trying to place her; and I did. Very strange to run into someone like that way out here, and she is only the 2nd person I have run into by chance in my 6 years of living here who knows anything about my "other life".

Last night I went in for a take-away pizza and she says "why you never stay here and eat your food"? Well, besides the fact I have an awesome 42-inch TV and internet and A/C in my bungalow, I couldn't think of any other reasons as to why I'd rather eat in a hot, crowded, loud place filled with drunken farangs so I just kind of shrugged .......then she asks me if I can take her phone number, and can I see her sometime.

Hmmmm......free companionship with a kind-of-cute and super nice ladyboy now and again sounds OK to me, but then again all my friends go to this place and you know the way gossip travels quickly in Thailand. One word to another waitress and that gets back to my euro-friends and before I know it I am explaining not only why I am sleeping with a boy, but what I did in Bangkok for all those years before I met them.

Decisions, decisions.....but i think I already know the answer.

• Upvote 3

One small indiscretion, and it would appear your nice little set up there would be potentially damaged. The old adage about pooping on your own doorstep comes to mind, but then again so does Oscar's Wilde's "I can resist anything but temptation". Nobody said this LB lovin' lifestyle was easy, vocations seldom are. :D

You've really got to watch out for those 'jungle telegrams' & whatever info passes along the LB 'knicker line' JaiDee.

Owing to the fact that same as a lot of us I lead two lives, I've pretty much had the same dilemma in the past, but the simple fact is that if I like a kathoy then I like to get get her back to my place & have a far more relaxed & comfortable time of it, for both of us... But it just ain't that easy to get away with because to the Thais we're curiosities to be studied & most of the 'Euro pats' haven't got got anything better to do than stick their noses into other peoples business.

For instance, I specifically chose my cranky old house in a cranky old out of the way Moo Baan because it was on the very far corner plot of the site located at the very end of a cul de sac with its own secluded driveway, with two voids next to it & a void to the rear & then wasteland to two sides, opposite & then a children's play park beyond that... And then on top of all of that I've renovated a classic car which was suitable for blacking out the windows, again specifically for getting ladyboys in & out undetected in the wee hours... Or so I thought?

Anyway, now whenever I go to a local food shop, beer shop or any other kind of fuckin' shop & a 'real' chick enquirers who I am? I hear the reply, in Thai, "Oh, nooooo, he like kathoy"... WTF!!! How on earth I've been tumbled God only knows?.. BUT SOMEONE HAD SEEN ME & THEY ALWAYS DO & IT'S SPREAD LIKE WILDFIRE, EVEN TO THE LOCAL FALANGS!

Funnily enough I had one back to my place last night as a little treat to myself for just finishing a really excruciating deadline on a job, but she's pretty cute & at about 2.30am this morning after surveying the vista from the balcony she actually said to me that she thought it would be a good idea to get her out of there before day break because it wouldn't be good for me if 'Thai' people saw her (family environment & all that).

Basically, I think it's down to whether or not your potential date is conducive to the idea of literally being sneaked in & out under your jumper, or not? The one that I had last night was cool about it being all sneaky, sneaky... But for many of them it ain't & they really won't like it!

Will she be offended if you tell her that you're going to have to put a blanket over her head? :ph34r:

:hi:

I realize it's you who has to live there, but what's the big deal? Why not just burst out of the closet and be done with it? How is what anybody else thinks of you, either Thai or falang, going to affect your life? Will you be socially ostracized? Will it cost you money because this would somehow affect your earning ability?

I'm not judging, because I myself am not totally "out" about my predilection for the third sex with everyone either. Although, I just realized, most people I have any close friendship with know about my "Hobby." Curiously, no one thinks I'm gay, especially my gay friends.

Just trying to get a feel for how things work there.

It's true that I value my privacy very much, and have taken great pains to reinvent myself totally these past 6 years; as I say, besides Pond only ONE other Bangkok LB has discovered me down here by chance, and she is married and living in Germany now so no worries there.

Snick - I used to head over to the bigger island when I wanted some LB nookie, but have you seen the prices for a decent room over there these days? Plus the talent is average at best; a 3-day weekend there would cost me 8 or 10K baht and I'm certainly not prepared to spend that. Besides, I don't even like the place.

I will go see Pond tonight and see what she has in mind.....although I kind of already know.... funny thing is, she is hiding her past down here as much as I am, so we may be perfect for one another LOL