The Pattaya Times

bumblebee

16 minutes ago, Zeppie said:

Where did they get their stance?

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/for-many-thailands-un-vote-on-russia-still-a-puzzle/

Dr Surachart Bamrungsuk, a prominent political scientist of Chulalongkorn University, did not dismiss the possibility that Thailand is trying to curry favourwith Russia whose leader President Vladimir Putin has reportedly confirmed his attendance at the summit of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) to be held in Bangkok next month.

Surachart pointed out that Thailand did join the majority of UN members in a vote to demand a withdrawal of Russian troops from Ukraine in March but since then has abstained on subsequent resolutions.

“Thailand is apparently acting out of deference for Russia and China,” Suracharttold Thai PBS, noting that both Moscow and Beijing raised no voices over the military coup in Thailand in 2014 and have openly been supportive of the powers–that–be in Bangkok since. China is also one of the 35 countries that abstained in the vote to condemn Russia for the annexation.

“It’s understandable why Laos and Vietnam abstained. There is a historical reason for that as the two countries were dependent on Russia during their revolution wars. But for Thailand that has no such history baggage, it’s difficult to explain why we chose to abstain,” he said.  

21 minutes ago, seven said:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/for-many-thailands-un-vote-on-russia-still-a-puzzle/

Dr Surachart Bamrungsuk, a prominent political scientist of Chulalongkorn University, did not dismiss the possibility that Thailand is trying to curry favourwith Russia whose leader President Vladimir Putin has reportedly confirmed his attendance at the summit of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) to be held in Bangkok next month.

Surachart pointed out that Thailand did join the majority of UN members in a vote to demand a withdrawal of Russian troops from Ukraine in March but since then has abstained on subsequent resolutions.

“Thailand is apparently acting out of deference for Russia and China,” Suracharttold Thai PBS, noting that both Moscow and Beijing raised no voices over the military coup in Thailand in 2014 and have openly been supportive of the powers–that–be in Bangkok since. China is also one of the 35 countries that abstained in the vote to condemn Russia for the annexation.

“It’s understandable why Laos and Vietnam abstained. There is a historical reason for that as the two countries were dependent on Russia during their revolution wars. But for Thailand that has no such history baggage, it’s difficult to explain why we chose to abstain,” he said.  

Interesting......thank you.......as a general population how do the people feel about it?  I do have a limited understanding of the history with china and russia, unfortunately all communist states....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeppie said:

as a general population how do the people feel about it?

I don't know but its a 'democracy' after all, no? :rolleye0012:

Honestly I don't think they care if the visitors/tourists/draft dodgers are russkies , westerners,  Indian or Koreans. Money number 1.

I haven't been back since the pandemic and the Russians invaded, I do have concerns though. Wasn't a fan of them to begin with. Rude knuckle draggers imo.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, seven said:

Honestly I don't think they care if the visitors/tourists/draft dodgers are russkies , westerners,  Indian or Koreans. Money number 1.

I haven't been back since the pandemic and the Russians invaded, I do have concerns though. Wasn't a fan of them to begin with. Rude knuckle draggers imo.

I have to agree with you....thanks.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, seven said:

Thailand? A democracy? No kidding? IMHO, much like several other Asian countries, the populace allows a political party to dictate in the name of an alleged majority. When I observe how political life has unfolded in Asian countries, it strikes me that Vietnam, with its singular Communist Party, is perhaps the most democratic country in East Asia (excluding Japan, of course).

But I concur that Thai people are quite indifferent to the identity of their visitors. Prejudiced foreigners may not appreciate that Thai people might prefer Indians (due to their own biases), but they often fail to recognize that Indians can make for more engaging guests. In Vietnam, I encountered Korean visitors in bars, though I hesitate to use the term 'met' since we didn't engage in conversation. Nevertheless, I found bars with polite, unobtrusive Korean patrons more appealing than those frequented by British tourists displaying unruly behavior.

Having encountered Russians in a different setting (Vietnam), I wouldn't label them as impolite, but Russians do tend to exhibit certain cultural traits. They often ventured out in small groups, usually consisting of one or two families, led by the patriarchs of the family, often alpha males in their 50s, who diligently watched over their entourage, particularly young adult daughters or teenage girls. It was common to see them sporting swim shorts that matched their shirts, and the boys, whether children or adolescents, frequently dressed alike, akin to a uniform. This is a scene you've likely witnessed in Pattaya as well. While some Russians adopted a more upscale American-style behavior, quickly hopping into a taxi to reach the nearest airport and catch a flight at HCMC airport, others embraced a more casual persona, complete with long hair and surf attire. However, it appeared that Vietnamese locals didn't always appreciate this type of foreign visitors before the pandemic. Post-pandemic, the groups began to be led by women in their 50s or 60s, and young men often pretended to hail from Kyrgyzstan or another similar republic. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

Thailand? A democracy? No kidding? IMHO, much like several other Asian countries, the populace allows a political party to dictate in the name of an alleged majority.

We both know it isn't. Let's just pretend it is.  USA is on their way give up on it too. 

I've said it so many times... you guys got it right some 200 years ago. I like and respect France in so many ways.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2023 at 12:58 PM, Quietguy said:

Don't disrespect lb Lizzie!

Not only Lizzie. I remember Russian guys trying to explain a lb in Nha Trang that she was a guy, because she has balls. It was not only rude, but the Russian idiot ignored she had her balls removed and was a postie. These guys are incapable of perceiving the world in any way other than through their narrow and intolerant lens, which lacks diversity and tolerance for those who deviate from the norm.

Glad one of them was beaten by Lizzie. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Splaten said:

Well done Lizzie..well done. We stand for you ( I enjoy a Russian homofobic being beaten )

19 hours ago, Soju said:

Damn the Russians can't seem to win a fight anywhere... :happy0148:

14 hours ago, Zeppie said:

Let's hope that is maintained.

It goes to show you never under estimate your opponent.

12 hours ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

Not only Lizzie. I remeber Russian guys trying to explain a lb in Nha Trang that she was a guy, because she has balls. It was not only rude, but the Russian idiot ignored she had her balls removed and was a postie. These guys are incapable of perceiving the world in any way other than through their narrow and intolerant lens, which lacks diversity and tolerance for those who deviate from the norm.

Glad one of them was beaten by Lizzie. 

I remember a few years back when a couple of Russian guys were causing problems at bars in Jomtien Soi 5. They made the mistake of passing Sally's (lb) bar and abusing the ladyboys there. Two of the girls went out and taught them to show respect. Iirc it was Quinn who recounted that.

• Like 1

crackdown.jpeg

In response to incidents involving transgender women causing disturbances to foreign tourists around Pattaya Beach, actions are being undertaken to address the situation.

Reports include theft, disputes, and physical harm. Authorities expressed concerns over the negative impact on Pattaya's tourism image and stressed the need for systematic solutions, reported Daily News.

On October 24th, officials from the Pattaya Tourist Police collaborated with related agencies to detain 20 transgender individuals suspected of causing disturbances.

Additionally, more than 50 individuals considered high-risk were identified, their personal information such as current residence and reasons for staying in Pattaya were recorded.

The information collected will be stored in the "Mutchanu TPB" application developed by the investigating team to categorize suspects. This data can be accessed via Line instantaneously if an incident occurs. 

The tourist police urge anyone witnessing disruptive behavior towards tourists to immediately report through the hotline 1155 or the "Police Tourist i lert u" app.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1310222-pattaya-authorities-tackle-nuisance-from-transgender-women/

20 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

crackdown.jpeg

In response to incidents involving transgender women causing disturbances to foreign tourists around Pattaya Beach, actions are being undertaken to address the situation.

Reports include theft, disputes, and physical harm. Authorities expressed concerns over the negative impact on Pattaya's tourism image and stressed the need for systematic solutions, reported Daily News.

On October 24th, officials from the Pattaya Tourist Police collaborated with related agencies to detain 20 transgender individuals suspected of causing disturbances.

Additionally, more than 50 individuals considered high-risk were identified, their personal information such as current residence and reasons for staying in Pattaya were recorded.

The information collected will be stored in the "Mutchanu TPB" application developed by the investigating team to categorize suspects. This data can be accessed via Line instantaneously if an incident occurs. 

The tourist police urge anyone witnessing disruptive behavior towards tourists to immediately report through the hotline 1155 or the "Police Tourist i lert u" app.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1310222-pattaya-authorities-tackle-nuisance-from-transgender-women/

I agree with this approach................so they can act fast and it is a warning to the LB's they will come after them, so they better not misbehave............but some will, coz it is in there nature or drugs will control them.

But, since I am a criminologist, I should individually interview each and everyone to determine their perpencited for trouble making.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, seven said:

They really don't want westerners there anymore. No visa waiver for us, but for Russians. Only short time visitors, as stated in the video.

Isn't that because we already get free 30 day visas on entry. I think they are just giving Russians, Indians and Chinese the same treatment.

5 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Isn't that because we already get free 30 day visas on entry. I think they are just giving Russians, Indians and Chinese the same treatment.

No. Russians gets 90 days free. If I want to stay 90 days I have to pay for a tourist visa (not sure how much now) then an extension at immigration, 1900 thb.

If you watch the video Adam quotes a Thai official saying they want short stay visitors, not farangs staying months on long term visas which is what I need. So again , they obviously want Russians, Indians, Chinese, Taiwanese tourists on short stay holidays, not longstay cheap charlie ladyman chasing farangs like me.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, seven said:

No. Russian gets 90 days free. If I want to stay 90 days I have to pay for a tourist visa (not sure how much now) then an extension at immigration, 1900 thb.

I think, not sure, that Russians get 90 days visa exemption because there is now a reciprocal bilateral agreement.  A bunch of South American countries such as Peru, Argentina, Chile, and Peru have this sort of 90 day agreement.  If it's a well hung Brazilian shemale she should get 120 days.   :biggrin: 

1 minute ago, Pdoggg said:

Russians get 90 days visa exemption because there is now reciprocal bilateral agreement

Like the naked draft dodger in Naklua posted yesterday. 
Thailand is so fucked up in so many ways. If it wasn’t for the outstanding amount of beautiful ladymen they could go….. themselves.

• Like 1

A female bar worker was allegedly forced into a vehicle by a group of men in Soi Pattaya 3 in the early hours of Friday, November 10th.

The incident was reported to Pattaya police by the woman’s colleague, 36-year-old Worasuda Satthaun. She reported that her friend, whose name was withheld to protect her privacy, had been forcibly abducted by a group of men who lifted her into a sedan.

The incident occurred on Soi Pattaya 3 in the Nongprue sub-district, Banglamung district, Chonburi province. The perpetrators fled in the vehicle, and their whereabouts are currently unknown. Concerned for the safety of her friend, Ms. Worasuda decided to hurriedly report the incident, seeking police assistance and investigation.

Ms. Worasuda went on to explain that prior to the incident, her other friends had come to inform her that the abductee, who worked at the same bar as herself, had been accosted by a group of four men while walking along the roadside.

They forcibly took her into a black sedan and drove away. Ms. Worasuda mentioned that two days ago, someone had come to her workplace to inquire about the abductee, but she was unsure about the exact details. Ms. Worasuda suspected that the abductor might be the victim’s ex-husband.

Meanwhile, Pattaya police interviewed a security guard who was in the area of the incident about the men in question. The guard, whose name was withheld for his safety, only noted that he noticed a black sedan parking and waiting for someone. He approached it to ask the driver what he was doing and was told by a male occupant that they were waiting for his girlfriend.

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/11/11/pattaya-bar-worker-allegedly-kidnapped-by-group-of-men/