Deadly Price Of Transphobia In Brazil

Pdoggg

Yes, so very sad and so very tragic.

On the surface one could easily blame religion(s) on this type of ignorance, social injustice, human disrespect, and lack of acceptance, however I think it runs much deeper than that. For many men (I doubt there are a lot of women out there murdering transgendered people) I believe it goes deep into their own fear of what they secretly/subconsciously desire on occasion and by pounding the piss out of those desired objects (or murdering them), in their minds rids them of the torment of temptation and validates what they believe to be pure and right and all they aspire to be, even if false.

You could scorch the earth of all religions and backward dogma but I doubt the overall human attitude towards homosexuality and transgendered individuals will change quickly. Perhaps this attitude is impossible for our species to overcome. Perhaps we are too limited. However I like to believe somewhere down the not too distant generational line it will happen. We have moved light years in my lifetime in terms of accepting gays. When I was a lad/teenager they were known as homos, fruits, and queers. And they were beaten to a pulp. Those references and actions don't happen anymore. Being "gay" today in my society is as acceptable and normal as Jack & Jill running up the hill.

I hope the world will soon be enlightened when it comes to the transgendered. In the meantime I will pray for the souls that are damaged, even perished due to the intolerance, ignorance, and fear of others. 

And please don't get me going on the Catholic Church!!! :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Shocking,

That the price these women have to pay for being themselves is to run the risk of being alienated, brutalised & murdered. What courage they must have. Its a hell of a price to pay for the ignorance & intolerance of others. The fact that they are still prepared to risk all shows that it is by no means a "lifestyle choice" rather that they have no choice. They ARE trapped in the wrong body & have every right to live their lives being afforded the same respect & tolerance we all allow each other. 

Too the filth that perpetrate these cowardly, pathetic attacks your are not showing strength or character rather weakness & repression of your own inner desires. You are savages with a twisted view who will also be brought to account one way or another. I don't believe in God but I suspect many of these animals do. For them God is waiting.....& I doubt he will be impressed.

• Upvote 1