Streaming/Downloading free movies

donnykey

I use Vuze, I love it. 

Once I've downloaded some stuff I can then use Vuze to transcode it for play on other devices that are discoverable on my wifi network, like my Tivo or my Playstation - thus I can download stuff, then upload it for viewing on my 4K HD tv in the living room. Great stuff.

• Upvote 1

OK, so let's say I have Kickass and Vuze.

Then what do I do?

So to download and watch movies I need two different thingies?

Yes, Kickass is the website where you find the list of torrent movies to download. Vuze is a programme you need to download and install. Then when you choose the movie you want to download in Kickass, the Vuze programme is the tool that downloads it to your computer.
  • Upvote 1

i wanted to download John Wick on kickass....searched for it and up came 125 torrent results....which fucking one do i choose ? :sign0181:  :biggrin:

Cheers DK

If you have a fast connection and a lot of hard disk space - go with this one

John Wick 2014 1080p WEB-DL DD5 1 H264-RARBG

If you have less bandwith and not much space - this one

John Wick 2014 HDRip XViD-juggs[ETRG]

The first one is in full HD, the other slightly lower res but the quality should still be pretty good

• Upvote 1

DK downloading of copyrighted material can be illegal. If you are doing it from home you probably should be doing it through a VPN to disguise you IP address. I know in the US occasionally people get nasty letters from lawyers.

I'm still using uTorrent. Is VUZE that much better? I watch my stuff in VLC media player.

I watched John Wick a few days ago because it was rated 7.4 on IMDb. It should be rated 0.4. It is a horrible movie. <sorry> 

I watch my stuff in VLC media player.

I also use VLC to watch my stuff.  Friends have given me lots of movies and TV shows by external hard drive.

I think the people who got in trouble in the States are those who were "uploading" stuff.  But I guess when you are leeching you are also seeding at the same time?

DK downloading of copyrighted material can be illegal. If you are doing it from home you probably should be doing it through a VPN to disguise you IP address. I know in the US occasionally people get nasty letters from lawyers.

I'm still using uTorrent. Is VUZE that much better? I watch my stuff in VLC media player.

I watched John Wick a few days ago because it was rated 7.4 on IMDb. It should be rated 0.4. It is a horrible movie. <sorry> 

I use uTorrent too. It works fine. No reason to change that I know of. Some like BitTorrent, but I started with uTorrent and will stick with it.. VLC is in  a class by itself when it comes to a media player. 

Donny, you need to have VLC too. After the movie is totally downloaded, close it out in VUZE, or uTorrent, whatever you use. Then find it in your downloads folder and just open it with VLC. If you leave it open in Vuze, uTorrent, etc, you are seeding it to others, and if you have too many seeding at once it can slow your machine down. It takes RAM to do that. Also seeding is where you can potentially get into trouble if torrenting from a first world country and just going through your regular ISP. 

Since torrenting is illegal, if you are in Australia, USA, Canada, England etc, I would suggest using an anonymous or proxy server to browse and torrent through. If you are torrenting while in Thailand or Phils, etc, then nothing to worry about. 

• Upvote 3

utorrent is best if you're windows. I use Vuze on linux but the options are not as good. Utorrent will download stuff faster and in some cases files will start to download immediately that don't even BUDGE in Vuze on Linux.

KMplayer is superior to VLC,  no contest for me. You have to reset audio EQ everytime, it'll start in default. The control options are vastly superior in KM.

Sadly y'all are at this a bit late as before they took down Pirate Bay there were jillions of hits on a google search of "movie torrent" and now, yeah, it's mostly just kickass.

if you go thru Windows, DL PeerBlock also, as it'll block some intrusions to your system searching for downloads of copyright stuff, etc.

Usually file size indicates quality of video, such as high def, or large screen size. Used to be a common movie size was 700 mb, now it seems to be 1.2 gig and i've seen it as high as 14 gig or some such nonsense. Files around 4 gig are often DVD format for folks that want to view the movie on their TV with a DVD player. Tho KMplayer and VLC will play it as well.

• Upvote 1
I think the people who got in trouble in the States are those who were "uploading" stuff.  But I guess when you are leeching you are also seeding at the same time?

Yes

I was downloading something old this morning and it was only coming down at about 100k as there were only two seeds. After I had downloaded about 1/3 of it on uTorrent I started automatically sending out pieces at about twice that rate. So when I downloaded enough pieces that were helpful to someone they started uploading. At least that is what I think is happening? Maybe that is what the link said but I didn't really get that or maybe I an wrong. 

Unless one can shut off that auto upload ability a downloader will often begin seeding pieces (maybe wrong choice of words) long before they have finished their download. Of course turned off uploads would totally defeat the purpose of the whole system. I usually stick around and seed a while to help the system work. If most everyone only takes then things would go very slowly and in some case not at all.