Band Names

SiamSam

In the early sixties there was a group called "Chad Allan & the Expressions" They were trying to break into scene and their record label (Quality) kept trying to get them played on local radio stations. Over and over they sent in records but never got played. So they decided to cut a record (a version of Johnny Kidd's "Shakin' All Over".) and sent it out under the band name, "Guess Who". It got played and the Guess Who went on to become a very successful and well known band.   

Death Cab for Cutie, a pretty good current band to these old ears, was the name of the band playing in the lounge that the bus stopped at in Magical Mystery Tour. I never remembered the name until I saw MMT again last year for the first time in decades. 

The second part of the question's answer is that movie's band was played by The Bonzo Dog Band.

Wasn't there a story about someone asking Pink Floyd on TV: "And which one of you is Floyd?"

This one may go quickly,  but can anyone name the band whose drummer lost an arm in a tragic car crash.....and yet he went on and continued to drum for that band

with just one arm?

I was going to jump in with The Barbarians, from your neck of the woods JD, but then I remembered there was a more recent (relatively) 80's band I heard this about. The Barbarians one hit: "Are You a Boy or a Girl" is quite fitting for this forum!

Hmmmm, never heard of that band.

Yes, the band I am looking for was actually started in the very late 70's ......I saw them in support for Judas Priest in Boston in 1980..... a few years later their drummer lost his arm but kept right on drumming!  Pretty amazing, really........

Magical Mystery Tour.

Didn't know that then.

I saw that movie recently...... seriously, hefe, can you say thats a good movie? I realize is a testament of historical proportions, but damn what a piece of crap movie it is.

I'm swearing in the church again by second guessing the almighty The Beatles.

Didn't know that then.

I saw that movie recently...... seriously, hefe, can you say thats a good movie? I realize is a testament of historical proportions, but damn what a piece of crap movie it is.

I'm swearing in the church again by second guessing the almighty The Beatles.

Yes, I do love the Fab Four but the movie is a POS & that is my least favorite album by far. Never listen to it. 

OK, I actually guessed this before you gave that last clue, based on your previous clue & scrutinizing the hair. One of the guys is wearing those big glasses & so I again name Mott the Hoople to a different question.  (Oh wait, I said Uriah Heep earlier, not Mott the Hoople)

• Upvote 1