Band Names

SiamSam

A character in the movie Barbarella inspired the name of a pop band. What is the name of the band and who was the actor who played him in the movie?

bollox-someone already got it...duran duran of course

What artist coined the name "weatherman" and in what song was it first used?

Dylan wasn't it....you dont have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows....sub homesick blues?

i got the jethro tull one jaidee.,i also played never mind the bollox to death.........death cab for cutie? was it an episode title from the outer limits...?

heres a couple of obscurios....JAH WOBBLE played bass for johhny rotten/lydon in P.I.L....who gave him the name...(it's guessable)

THE HOLY MODAL ROUNDERS...."dont Bogart that joint my friend"........where the hell does that name come from....anybody?

....JAH WOBBLE played bass for johhny rotten/lydon in P.I.L....who gave him the name...

Jeeesh, I should know this one, Jah was also brought up at Quiz night in Jomtien one time -oddly enough - in the "double B" catagory", they just wanted to know what band he played for and I correctly put down PIL.......but who named him..... Keith Levine?

Jeeesh, I should know this one, Jah was also brought up at Quiz night in Jomtien one time -oddly enough - in the "double B" catagory", they just wanted to know what band he played for and I correctly put down PIL.......but who named him..... Keith Levine?

he's a very talented musician ,and happens to be  living in Mcr now...he's actually called John Warren,but a drunken sid vicious slurred it out as jah wobble ....and it stuck...   i read his autobiog last year....well worth a read.....brought up in a tough irish family in the east end of london....

Yeah, I guess his Mum was no prize!

On the same topic, I'd highly recommend the Ozzy bio....well-written and funny as hell!

I learned from there that the first Sabbath record was made for 500 quid and produced in the studio in one day hahaha

Yet, still sounds great 35 years on.........

wasn't it the amalgamation of 2 seperate bands? ( i forgot the names sam.........buffalo something and something springfield or vice versa)

Buffalo Springfield producer Barry Friedman lived on a street that was being repaved. On morning he looked out his window and saw a steamroller parked in front of the house. The steamroller had a banner saying it was made by the "Buffalo Springfield Roller Company". The band needed a name and Friedman gave them the name "Buffalo Springfield".

For what it's worth.  :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Excellent!   Never saw that Pistols rejection letter before, but not surprised of course   :biggrin:

Here's one a little more mainstream, let's see if anyone can get it before Tomcat chimes in, he surely knows it; what is the one-word name of the Iron Maiden cartoon mascot shown here?  He was featured on a lot of their album art.

post-107-0-51335000-1414106636_thumb.jpg