Curfew from 10pm to 5am - countrywide

Snick

During the last curfew in Pattaya, during the first night baht busses were still running and some bars were open.

The second night, it really did feel like a curfew but the Perth Couple had a curfew part at their hotel that we managed to get to.

Guest sustra

well.....i think the best option is to book a room at la bamba and spend the night there...what do you think???? my flight is not refundable.......i've never slept in a brothel.....so something new....

• Upvote 2

Guest sustra

you are technically correct. La Bamba is a nice bar with a guesthouse. I've been in the old location several times in the past. ( 2011 ) But mine was an " artistic license". As for ex. what you see now in Rome at Cappella Sistina painted by Michelngelo is only partially the truth. Michelangelo painted all naked bodies because he wanted to reveal the naked defenses of human souls in front of a bigger wish...then the church called the "braghettari" ( could be translated as trousers painters ) that covered with veils all the naked bodies that Michelangelo painted originally. So it is only a partial truth. As the Thai coupe is obscurating with curfew Bangkok.

Now if you tell me to go and book a guesthouse room at la Bamba i would not probably do it. But as an artistic license you tell me to book a room in a brothel, in the imagination of a simple mind like mine, waiting for my return to Thailand, after a long time....i am going there with a "light" otherwise obscured.

That was intended with the word "brothel"=Big Fun House

• Upvote 2

I stayed at LaBamba in Nov. 2014 for 4 nights, other than the very steep stairs going to the rooms it was OK. AC worked well as did the WIFI, and NOK is always a welcoming hostess.  I was there for Sindy's birthday Bash.  Unfortunately Nancy was still in Australia during that visit.

Just across the street is The House, the rooms there are nicer, but the ladies are not quite the same  as Nancy and Sindy.

If a 10 to 5 curfew is enforced, I wonder if the ST rooms in Stringfellows will become LT rooms.

Basic advise Make Soi 13/1 your home until the curfew is lifted.

• Upvote 2

Can't find a minyan tonight.

If LBR goes down which I doubt you can carry on discussion at http://www.AsiaHotelAndTravel.com

The queues for minivans at Victory Monument were crazy.

There were rumors on Thai social media that the military was going to shut down the Internet; however, the military has broadcast a crawl on all stations saying there are no plans to do so.

• Upvote 1

Can't find a minyan tonight.

If LBR goes down which I doubt you can carry on discussion at http://www.AsiaHotelAndTravel.com

The military has just announced that if social media messages inciting unrest continues, they will shut down service.

Considering how business relies on the Internet, it's hard to believe that's what they meant. But there you have it.

If military issues clarification will post it.

• Upvote 1

I don't see bargirls or sex tourists on the exempt list.

Army details curfew exemptions

The curfew imposed between 10pm and 5am will not apply to specific groups of people, the military's National Peace and Order Maintaining Council (NPOMC) has announced.

In a televised broadcast, deputy army spokesman Winthai Suwaree said travellers who are to leave or enter the kingdom during the curfew period will be allowed to move to their destinations.

Other groups include private employees or government officials working night shifts in various sectors such as factories, hospitals, aviation businesses and perishable food logistics. Exemption also covers people in need of travelling to hospitals and humanitarian workers.

People who happen to have urgent or important errands during the curfew hours are advised to ask for permission from military officers near their homes.

The exception was meant to reduce the impact of the curfew, Col Winthai said.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/politics/411240/army-details-curfew-exemptions

I heard from a Thai Ladyboy tonight that the curfew is expected to last from 3 to 5 days.

TIT so that can always change, for better or worse.

Maybe that's what she expects, but no word from the military yet.

The military is still pursuing a few situations. One should think the curfew depends how long they take to iron out.

• Upvote 1

According to Thais on Facebook there has been a some sort of skirmish between red shirts and soldiers near Bankapi.

Just skimmed the headlines this morning, and didn't see any reports of skirmishes.

Someone I consider credible said he saw on TV, military firing into the air when they took the UDD stage.

That's the only gunfire I've heard of so far.

There are other dubious rumors floating around, but have not been confirmed by the credible farang twitterers.

• Upvote 1