Curfew from 10pm to 5am - countrywide

Snick

My flight arrives in Bkk 11:30 pm. Will I have any problem getting taxi to take me to Nana?

I'd be surprised if this would be a problem if you are going directly from the airport to your hotel. Especially if you are a tourist arriving on a late night flight. I wouldn't worry about it. 

Guest JustSumGai

whole thing seems STUPID to me. Are the late night hours traditional for rabble rousing? Protests? MOST ppl are in bed then anyway. Only partiers and late night workers are moving around past midnight to dawn. Makes NO sense to me. just "loud" swagger. It's sure kept a LOT of baht out of many pockets.  Aside from the fact that the turdballs did NOTHING for MONTHS while the yellow asshats TRIED to shut down Bkk.  Reds were pretty laid back, yet when they want their say by assembling, OH NO!!!! cannot. Trying to get democracy in Thailand is feudal.

• Upvote 1

My flight arrives in Bkk 11:30 pm. Will I have any problem getting taxi to take me to Nana?

BANGKOK, June 3 -- Suvarnabhumi International Airport said that Thailand's curfew, enforced by the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) since May 22, has not disrupted services provided by the airport to passengers.

Suvarnabhumi Airport Director Raweewan Netarakavesana said services at the airport have operated as usual, with stricter security surveillance by the army.

The troops helped provide improved conveniences to passengers and easier access for public transportation into the airport, she said. 

The director stressed that passengers with valid passports and air tickets would be able to gain access in and out of the airport 24 hours daily.

The NCPO announced curfew during 10pm to 5am before relaxing the curfew period to midnight to 4am.

As for the number of passenger arrivals, the director said, the figure has declined slightly, which is considered normal during the low season. 

She added that passenger arrivals at the airport currently stands at between 90,000-100,000 people daily on average, while on crowded days, the airport would see around 130,000 tourist arrivals per day. 

However, she believes that after the political situation in the country has cleared up by year's end, the number of visitors would return to normal by the new high tourism season next year.

In the meantime, a report said Suvarnabhumi Airport has organised an exhibition on "Safety at Suvarnabhimi International Airport", which is an annual activity set up by the airport to practice safety drills in case of emergency situations with relevant agencies. 

Tomorrow, the airport will conduct its annual fire drill, a requirement of the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO). (MCOT online news) 

http://www.mcot.net/site/content?id=538d5a9cbe0470113a8b456b#.U42U91523BI

Just had my passport checked by a soldier for the first time ever in Thailand. We are just an hour outside Korat, Pattaya bound. I am the only foreigner on the bus. Wonder would anything have happened if I was without id. No harm in carrying it with you if travelling around Los at the moment I reckon.

In the small village where you were staying was anyone enforcing the curfew?

No idea as everyone seemed to be in bed by 9:30 pm. More a self appointment curfew daily in the sticks. The only soldiers I saw were in korat city. On the steet and in the bus station.

Guest sustra

i'm a little bit neurotic..anyway i pretty do not care.....in no way i am going to walk around with my passport in my pocket. After 10 bottles of tiger, sorrounded by  ladyboys at night!

Just made a copy plastic coated....once i will be there will made also a copy with my visa printed.....never had problems this way.

Had Rin, but not the rest of Ko Phangan, is exempt from the curfew in the days before and after the Full loon Party.

Kho Pha Ngan's all-night full moon parties, held every month on the days before and after a full moon, regularly attract thousands of carousers, the majority of whom are tourists. 

In an announcement issued today by the military command in Surat Thani province, the military said a "thorough questioning" has established that the Full Moon Party "has no connection to politics, demonstrations, or violation of previous announcements by the National Council of Peace and Order in any way."

Therefore, the military has agreed to lift the curfew over Haad Rin Beach on Koh Pha Ngan island, where the dusk-till-dawn party will be held from 9-13 June, as requested by the party's organisers. It is understood that the rest of Koh Pha Ngan island will remain under the military’s midnight to 4am curfew.  

The announcement makes Haad Rin Beach the fourth tourist destination in Thailand to enjoy curfew exemption, after the military lifted the curfew on Pattaya, Phuket, and Samui island two days ago.

Representatives of the tourist industry have been pressing the NCPO to lift the curfew in other major tourist destinations, citing the financial ruin it has brought upon bars and nightclubs that have already suffered through an unusually anemic tourist season because of the country’s political turmoil. 

It is estimated that the Thailand's political crisis, which ignited last November, has cost the the tourism industry over 20 billion baht. 

The NCPO imposed a 10pm-5am curfew over the entire country when it seized power from the elected government on 22 May, but later eased the forbidden hours to between 12pm and 4am.  The military has argued that the curfew is necessary to maintain peace and order following the sporadic political violence that left almost 30 dead over the course of six months. 

Despite pleas from the tourist industry, a spokesperson of the NCPO said Thais should not expect the nationwide curfew to wholly-lifted any time soon. 

Army spokesperson Col. Winthai Suwaree explained that army's security and intelligence units will ease the curfew on a case-by-case basis, depending on which areas have seen a restoration of peace and order.

"It depends on the peace and order. Incidents of unrest may be lurking so we need to deliberate carefully over all aspects," Col. Winthai said at a press conference today.

When asked whether the NCPO will consider easing the curfew for the beginning of FIFA World Cup on 12 June, Col. Winthai replied that the matter is still under deliberation. He said the junta has not made any plans to repeal the curfew specifically for the football season.

Football is extremely popular in Thailand, and World Cup matches typically bring huge crowds to restaurants and bars across the country. This year's FIFA World Cup will kick off in Brazil on 12 June.

http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1401965177