Casey Kasem Is Missing

pdogg

Where in the world is Casey Kasem? Though a judge ruled in favor of the legendary DJ’s daughter and named her his temporary conservator, he also expressed serious concern regarding Casey’s whereabouts. And with no sign of Casey anywhere, the judge ordered an investigation to find him and reunite him with his daughter.

Casey Kasem‘s children and wife, Jean Kasem, have been in a years-long legal battle over who should be taking care of him as he struggles with Parkinson’s disease. The children, daughter Kerri Kasem specifically, earned a huge victory on May 12 when a judge named her his conservator in favor over his wife, but there is a much more pressing matter at hand. A question that no one currently has an answer to: Where is Casey Kasem?

Casey Kasem Missing: Moved Out Of The United States?

Besides giving Kerri temporary conservatorship, the judge also ordered there be an investigation into Casey’s whereabouts, according to the AP. The 82-year-old DJ’s children believe that his wife — their stepmother — has removed him from Los Angeles without their knowledge.

In court, the Kasem children reportedly complained that they haven’t been able to see their father in accordance with a pre-existing agreement they had with their stepmother. Kerri’s attorney even went so far to claim that Casey has been taken to an Indian reservation in the state of Washington. In response, Jean’s lawyer, who was representing her during the hearing, argued that she still has the right to move her husband as she pleases. And though he didn’t name a specific location, he affirmed that he “was no longer in the United States.”

Kerri Kasem: Protective Services Searching For My Dad

But now that Kerri has been given a temporary conservatorship and has been named Casey’s caretaker, the judge wants Casey back in Los Angeles where she can look after him. Kerri confirmed that an official investigation has been opened to return Casey home in a post on Facebook: “Justice was finally served! I just won temporary conservatorship over my father’s healthcare. We have been vindicated by the court. Thank you for your prayers, well wishes and support through this entire ordeal.”

She later added, “I believe my father’s wife fled the country (or possibly went to an Indian Reservation) with my Dad because she knew I would win in court today. The judge ordered, Adult Protective Services, the PVP Attorney and the police to look for him. Please pray that he is safe.”

Jean and Casey’s children have been battling since 2007, when Julie Kasem claimed that Jean wouldn’t allow her and her siblings to check on Casey’s health, even though the DJ had given her power of attorney. Jean reportedly shut down all communication with Casey’s children, according to CNN, and she even barred them from seeing their father. Now the decision is out of her hands though — with Kerri being named Casey’s temporary caretaker (a hearing to determine Casey’s permanent caretaker is set for June 20), Jean is legally bound to allow Kerri and the rest of the Kasem children access to Casey.

That is, if Adult Protective Services can ever find Casey.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/05/13/casey-kasem-missing-children-wife-legal-battle/

Never heard the name and no idea who it is, presumably an American.

Maybe a line or two about who they were as an intro plus a little commentary from your own perspective would've been an idea, instead of just dumping a block of text into a new post. Apart from scanning my eyes over a few words I couldn't be bothered to read it.

.. and yes, I have just woken up  :indifferent0018:

I have Google available to me if I want to know more. So far I haven't looked.

• Upvote 1

Never heard the name and no idea who it is, presumably an American.

You don't know Casey Kasem? I almost feel you have missed out on something. His was the voice of America when I listened to the radio. The local DJs sounded so lame compared to his sonorous tones. I could just listen to him to hear how he pronounced his words. His voice was un-mimic-able. 

Sounds like a pretty sad/sordid story.  Evidently, the kids are concerned as their step mother hid him away.  casey Kassem is probably worth a lot of money so its probably about that.

I heard he was, at times, difficult to work for.  One time someone leaked one of his rants at his staff.  It was pretty amusing....

Casey Kasem has been found

The former 'Top 40' host was located overnight, three days after an LA judge expressed concerns about the ailing radio host's whereabouts and safety.

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Casey Kasem was located in Washington state on Thursday, three days after a Los Angeles judge expressed concerns about the ailing radio host's whereabouts and safety.

Kasem's condition was not immediately known, although his children rejoiced after days of uncertainty and said in a statement that locating their father was the first step in bringing him back to the Los Angeles area.

Santa Monica police Sgt. Mario Toti said Kasem was located by the Kitsap County Sheriff's Department on Wednesday, hours after Kasem's children filed a missing person's report. Kasem's daughter Kerri, who was appointed his temporary conservator at a court hearing on Monday, had to wait for court filings before she was able to file the report.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Daniel S. Murphy ordered adult protective services and court investigators to try to locate Kasem after an attorney for his wife told the court that the former "Top 40" host was no longer in the United States but he did not know where he was.

Kerri Kasem's attorney Troy Martin said during the hearing that Kasem had been moved to an Indian reservation but was not sure because he had been frequently moved from medical facilities.

"We are grateful to the local authorities for finding my dad," Kerri Kasem wrote in a statement. "We are one step closer to bringing him home."

Casey Kasem, 82, has been in poor health in recent years. Kerri Kasem's court filings state her father is suffering from a form of dementia called Lewy Body Disease that had previously been incorrectly diagnosed as an advanced form of Parkinson's disease.

Until Monday, Casey Kasem's wife of 34 years, Jean, had been in control of his medical care and controlled access to him. She has blocked three of Kasem's children from a previous marriage, including Kerri Kasem, from seeing him in recent months, according to court filings.

Danny Deraney, a spokesman for Kerri Kasem and her siblings, said the family still had "grave concerns" about Casey Kasem's health.

Jean Kasem's attorney Craig Marcus argued Monday that his client had the right to move her husband to any facility she saw fit. Murphy said he had the authority to order an investigation into Casey Kasem's whereabouts and appointed an independent attorney and doctor to evaluate the radio host.

Casey Kasem gained fame with his radio music countdown shows, "American Top 40" and "Casey's Top 40," and was the voice of Shaggy in the cartoon "Scooby Doo."

Murphy scheduled a hearing for June 20 to receive updates on Kasem's health and wellbeing.

• Upvote 2
  • 1 month later...