Name that country

JaiDee

Which south American country has a capital city which sounds a lot like watching a video on a mountain top,  but in reality has no Spanish to English translation?

The city is Montevideo. I think the country is Uruguay but it may be Paraguay. I always get those two confused.

Nobody got the correct answer from my contribution a couple weeks ago, but if they had put the cursor over the pic they would have seen it was Plovdiv, Bulgaria. The signpost translated to Maritsa which is the river that runs through the city.

Perhaps a bit easier:

1. It is the UK

2. Multi-million £ mansions nearby are regularly bought then bulldozed to make way for bespoke rebuilds.

3. This property, which has no utilities, recently sold for nearly £200,000. Plus you're not allowed to live in it permanently.

4. Aficionado's of Bob Carolgees will have half the answer. (UK members clue)

5. A rather large river has a cake named after it plus an ex. President (US members clue)

Can you name it's exact location.

post-4915-0-37053800-1397057588_thumb.jp

It' view

post-4915-0-09112000-1397057658_thumb.jp

Well had to spice it up a bit

post-4915-0-53662900-1397057747_thumb.jp

• Upvote 1

Uruguay it is, paccie

Did you ever see that movie called 'Alive', about the Uruguayan rugby team which crashed in the Andes in 1972?  Decent movie about  a real event, with Ethan Hawke as one of the guys who climbed out of there.

Sure did. Cannibalism is never pretty.

Guest sustra

talking about COCKS.....where is this Arena where the biggest championship in the world is taken...roosters fight?????

...i guess many of you ( including me ) have been in the city where this Arena is located ( spanish name Araneta = small spider )

Did you ever see that movie called 'Alive', about the Uruguayan rugby team which crashed in the Andes in 1972?  Decent movie about  a real event, with Ethan Hawke as one of the guys who climbed out of there.

Yes I did. Gave me shivers & it wasn't me there in the snow. Thank God, I hate the cold, I can't imagine being that cold & that hungry.

Brrrr.........

Guest sustra

which is the city in question..???

The best bar for the best daiquiri of the world ( an american writer that liked to "ring the bell" used to be there every day ) and a place where at night you can find hundreds of travesti and shemales....( following the yellow arrow )

which is the city in question..???

The best bar for the best daiquiri of the world ( an american writer that liked to "ring the bell" used to be there every day ) and a place where at night you can find hundreds of travesti and shemales....( following the yellow arrow )

Havana and the bell is tolling for Hemingway.

Guest sustra

correct the city and correct the great unique Ernest...

In 1998 in one day i spent 120 USD at Floridida...at that time 1 Daiquiri was, if i well remember, 3 USD each...120 : 3 = 40....ok...some tips...let's make 35....i am still alive....thank's God!!!

• Upvote 2