The Big LBR Non Google Trivia Quiz

bumblebee

Do they all get to marry 8 year old girls?

Mohammed married his last wife when she was 6......but like a true gent he didn't fuck her til she was 9.....i shit thee not

The word Islam also means Peace, no?

they'd like you to believe that........ive heard it means submission.....to me its shorthand for stone age death cult.....

• Upvote 1

It looks like the interpreation / translation of the arabic words for prophet and messenger.

I stick by my answer that there are 25 named prophets in the Islam.

That would make more sense, I can't imagine how they could keep track of 124,000 prophets. All the same, in many of the descriptions, they refer to that many prophets so I hold that the question was valid. 

Call it a draw...         :party0005:

Here's another religious question - which holy book contains the First Testament in its entirety almost word for word?

I believe he paid with a 1000 baht note, but got nothing back from the barkeep.

The buddha questioned this, asking 'Change?'  What did the barkeep reply?

haha....i wont spoil it for anyone else.....i have heard it as a buddhist monk buying a hot dog in New York.......make me one with everything.....when enquiring where was his change from a $10 bill the vendor replies .................................

haha....i wont spoil it for anyone else.....i have heard it as a buddhist monk buying a hot dog in New York.......make me one with everything.....when enquiring where was his change from a $10 bill the vendor replies .................................

Isn't there still a question hanging out there?

They are just introducing the law back into Iraq this week that sets out the rules for divorce for 9 year olds.. in the papers today..called the Jaafari law

I think the law is to actually allow marriage to 9 year olds......see how Iraq has come on leaps and bounds since freed from the tyrannical hold of saddam hussein and brought into the democratic world supplied by the US and the UK

http://www.albawaba.com/editorchoice/iraq-jafari-law-child-marriage--560422

Sorry Willie, I didn't think I was being obtuse. The Christian Bible consists of the First & Second Testament, the old & the new in other words. The holy book I am referring to includes the First of these two testaments. 

And it isn't a Christian religion! That's what I found interesting.

The Torah ?

Not the Torah, the other one.

In which case, its usually referred to as the 'Old Testament' not the First Testament.

Good point. That may explain the confusion, my apologies.

BTW Snick, does the Torah contain the Old Testament? I hadn't considered that possibility.

Ignorance is bliss.

To answer my original question, the holy book that contains the Old Testament almost word for word is the Koran.

So we have the Old Testament in the Bible, the Torah & the Koran. Christian, Jew & Muslim all reading the same stories.

Apart from Snick, is this widely known or am I the *special* one?

you are special ;)

All 3 religions are often referred to as 'People of the Book' since they all recognize the same God and the Old Testament, the difference is that Muslims think Mohammed is the final Prophet and the  Christians think Jesus is the son of God (that and they can eat pork).