Cheap Charlies vs Two Week Millionaires

pdogg

On many Thai forums there always seem to be friction between the CCs and the 2WMs. Generally the 2WMs outnumber the CCs.

I believe this forum has the greatest percentage of expats and long stay visitors than any other Thai forum.

And I don't understand the friction.

The Cheap Charlies seem to think that the 2 Week Millionaires drive up prices. I do not believe this to be true. Rather the girls and bars need a good mix of both consumer segements.

The 2 Week Millionaires seem to think that the Cheap Charlies are exploiting the girls. Or perhaps they think it's not cool to live within one's means. I think supply and demand is the way the world works and it's stressful if one is not living within ones's means.

Things are different when you're an expat. Although some expats I know have big bucks most have chosen to do the tradeoff of a frugal lifestyle instead of the rat race. They don't buy into the stuff that's written on almost every Thai forum that I know of.

But as I said up top, i don't see why there should be any friction. People can spend their money as they please and it really doesn't affect anyone else.

I agree - it seems churlish that both groups are at odds with each other.

Personally i cant fathom flying half way around the world to scrimp and save.

i am here on holiday and will enjoy my time whatever. worry about the money when you get home, and if you cant afford it - dont go.

Maybe there is some jealousy that they have money to spend? I dont know and dont care either really, we are a small group, we should all be able to get along.

I have walked both sides of the fence, over the years I have treated girls to some shopping, lots of meals, bought them clothes & shoes when they needed them, but last year I went very careful with my cash. As I planned to stay as long as my budget would stretch, I had no intention of hiring a girlfriend. That can get expensive when she is only there for what she can get.

I understand when a guy who can only get away once or twice a year from a demanding job not wanting to spend his precious two weeks counting pennies & passing up on his dream date because she has hit him up for an extra 1000 baht. Makes no sense to me. One day in 30 years time, I would like to ask some of these fellas who let some of these gorgeous creatures go because she wouldn't go ST for 1000 baht, if they had any regrets. When trips to LOS are all just a memory, they will still have 1000 baht (or the equivalent of it), what good is to them then?

I love the way some people approach life as if it were a dress rehearsal. Like they will be real careful in this life but when they come back, then will lash out & do all those things they deny themselves now. This doesn't apply to ex-pats who would only attract all the wrong attention if they threw money around. Man, how long would anyone last if they started that nonsense. Only a matter of time before the Thai mafia caught them in a trap.

But it does apply to people who have an impoverished spirit. They can afford to do so much more but they just can't let go their purse strings. It's a mystery to me, they live like they are going to get some reward in heaven for being parsimonious. Remember, you can't take it with you.

As should the CCs remember that without the 2WMs, the whole scene would collapse. Rents, wages, etc can't survive on a bunch of guys sitting on one drink slipping their phone number to a girl to call them after work. All those Russians & Indians buying cheap beer in 7-11 & standing outside the bars, how the hell do they think their contribution allows the bars to survive? The visitors from the subcontinent are the worst, they ask 100 girls every night if 3 of them can screw her for 200 baht. That was what they were up to last year. I doubt they have seen the light since then.

But while I stayed on way past my normal departure time, I found two things happened - with some of the girls, familiarity bred contempt & they grew to hate the sight of me (weird considering I had never talked to them, maybe that was the problem) but with others, they became regular visitors to my hotel. They knew what they were going to get & I only had trouble from one primadonna who changed the rules after the deed was done. I quickly paid her what she demanded, it is crazy to make enemies when you are in their domain, she just wasn't invited again.

Sorry for going offtopic Mr PDogg, you know you shouldn't encourage me... :acute:

• Upvote 1

I'm often amazed by the people who think they KNOW the scene but they don't listen and learn. No, I am not an expert and I have a lot to learn, but I am willing to learn. Befriend a few girls and get taken to the places THEY like to go. You'll see a whole different scene. PDogg and I got taken by a regular of mine to a bar where the girls barfine the Thai boys (they all look like they are in boy bands). Barfine is 900 and ST upstairs runs 2K. And there were LOTS of customers, and most of them were bargirls, one was my girl's friend who was a real hottie that was not quite old enough to buy cigarettes. :) Another that came with us buggered off to a karaoke place to give a Thai guy 1500 baht to fuck her (she only had 2 customers that day, so couldn't afford the 2.9K that the Soi Chayapoom place charged.

PDogg has lived here for years, and so have I, and we were genuinely educated, to say the least.

What does this have to do with money? You will see where the money you spend goes. Hang out deep in Soi Chayapoom and see the Thai p4p scene with girls as the customers. Go to Tham Nan Khon Isaan and watch a table of BGs and LBs and their boyfriends drink the fruits of one (or more) of their labors.

Another guy I know of paid for the payments on a car for the family. Of course, the father already owned the car but put it in someone else's name so he could by it back with dumbshit's money. Som Num Naa!

It is best to pay the going rate and save your money for a more useful cause, as once it leaves your hand into the girl's, it does not usually go to what I would consider "building a better life."

Or if you're here for two weeks, just enjoy the ride. But realize that what you hear and see is only for your amusement. Don't take it seriously.

And Thai's are not interested in some pompous attitude that the Thai way is the bad way, and the western way is the good way. Don't fuck with their lives, and don't ask questions. As someone once said, "pay your money, have fun, then get the fuck home."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

To be fair PD, I think the "friction" you are talking about is restricted to a very small number of narrow minded people. Like so many others, I only get the chance to spend a few weeks here maybe twice a year, :notfair: so after looking forward to it for so long, I am not going to cut corners to save a few hundred baht. However I don't believe I throw my money about willy nilly. Perhaps I am guilty of slightly overpaying on the odd occasion, but if I get good service, what the hell, my money. Same with buying ladydrinks-there are LB's I will always go out of my to buy a drink for, because I like that particular person, or simply because I can afford to, but again I don't consider myself a 2WM.The so called CC'S that I have met are this way because of budget limitations, lifestyle restrictions or simply because they are at home in Pattaya and don't see the fascination with blowing a fortune on drink and girls every night of the week, I know if I lived in Pattaya my way of life would be drastically different than when on holiday.And finally, I agree with brother Pacman(that's twice inside a week i have agreed with him-this will have to stop)if you lived in Patts and were throwing money around like confetti at a wedding, the wrong type of people may just get ideas!! :money:

The cheap charlies are operating under the mistaken belief the 2 week millionaires are driving up the costs of what the girls are asking. Having done some research on another forum, the costs have not changed significantly over the past 7 years.

The ladies know that there will always be some customers who are willing to pay more - for example the Japanese, and some who will not pay that much, like the resident ex-pats. Depending on their economic situation at the moment, they could accept a "cheap charlie" offer. By the way, the Japanese have been coming for decades and don't seem to have impacted the cost of the ladies either!

So, it should be live and let live - don't get obsessed by what the various groups pay, as long as you enjoy yourself during your LOS adventure - ultimately that is what matters.

Jimslim, are you sure that's not an effect of those Irish genes? :lol:

To be fair PD, I think the "friction" you are talking about is restricted to a very small number of narrow minded people.

I started writing something similar. I don't think too many people are stressing about this & I haven't heard of anyone coming to blows over it.

There's something else we agree on Ciobha... :shok:

However I don't believe I throw my money about willy nilly.

You can say that again!! I thought you were never going to buy me a drink at the PBG last year... :cray:

Just back for my shortest trip ever to Los. Whereas on the longer 5 month trips I used to spend more time in my room, heading out about between 9 to 10 pm many nights so as not to start spending too early, this time I spent as little time in my room as possible, just sleeping and about an hour in the evening to shower and check emails etc, so that I could savor every moment of my precious time there. I was always out by 8 pm or even earlier every evening.

It felt good not having to worry about a tight budget this time, and whereas before I hated being hit on for ladydrinks, this time I put up little resistance if the girl was any way my type. It even got to the stage on my last couple of nights there that I actively invited a girl over and offered her a drink, unheard of on my previous trips.

Whereas on the longer trips I always left Los feeling jaded and cynical, this time I did not allow myself enough time to brood too much and just enjoyed the place for what it is. A very different experience this time, and most fulfilling.

Whereas on the longer trips I always left Los feeling jaded and cynical, this time I did not allow myself enough time to brood too much and just enjoyed the place for what it is. A very different experience this time, and most fulfilling.

Good to hear that this was an outstanding trip BB! :clapping:

Guest ringspun

I'm with you on that, surely its better to pay em 1000 baht a night, and come back again in the same year and effectively have 2 holidays, same price rather than show off and only being able to afford one holiday, I don't see the point myself, but up to them!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

iam a 2wk multi millionair i work hard in uk for 2 13 night trips a year in los i go fucking mad and spend what i like when i like or used to this year iam going for one 13 night trip in november so that i can do the same money wasting things like drinking too much buying too many l/ds and b/f and l/t then i waist the rest then worry later i can see both sides here and you do what you can aford you have to thighten your belt at times what with the ex rate its killing me i can remember 83 baht to the pound uk but you have to get on with it if you really want to go back to what we all love lady boys and los paul

iam a 2wk multi millionair i work hard in uk for 2 13 night trips a year in los i go fucking mad and spend what i like when i like or used to this year iam going for one 13 night trip in november so that i can do the same money wasting things like drinking too much buying too many l/ds and b/f and l/t then i waist the rest then worry later i can see both sides here and you do what you can aford you have to thighten your belt at times what with the ex rate its killing me i can remember 83 baht to the pound uk but you have to get on with it if you really want to go back to what we all love lady boys and los paul

Oh please please, come to Phuket!

In all seriousness, i agree with pacman's earlier comments about the bars needing all types of customers, but without the so-called 2WMs we would surely go out of business!

I know that some believe that if all the bars shut down then Pattaya would go on as before & the girls would all be available, except they would be working freelance.

I don't accept that at all. For starters, the mongers aren't going to book into Pattaya if they read the bar scene has effectively closed. We know where to look for girls, in the bars. Freelancers just aren't reliable.

And for any girl who decided to hang around to try her luck as a freelancer, what's the bet that the Thai mafia wouldn't round her up & put her under their control?

IMO that scenario is a certainty, wherever those blood sucking bastards can capture a monopoly & exploit the locals, they do it in a heartbeat.

And once that became common knowledge, then Pattaya is done. Like a dinner. All over. Finished. Someone turn the lights out as they leave.

• 2 weeks later...

The worst of all are the balloon chasers, everytime there is a party you see the same people being 1st there in the trough and they are usually the 1st to leave once their guts are full without ever even offering the host a drink.

how right you are :good: