LB vs GG BF rates

globetrotter

Generally the BF depends more on the type of bar than whether it is a LB or a GG. GoGos usually have a higher BF and beer bars the lowest. The BF maybe a bit more than a beer bar at fancier bars that aren't GoGos. FL have no barfine unless they are working out of a bar in which case it would likely be the same as any other from that bar.

As a generalisation a bar charges the same. Some places have a higher rate for early barfines that drops later in the night. 

The big variable is in what the girl (GG or LB) asks for. Young, handsome guys get discounts, older, less sightly tourists get charged a sliding fee according to how much the girl wants to sleep with them. A very high quote is the same as saying "no thanks, I would rather eat glass than have you pawing all over me".

And when one thinks about it & reverses the roles, wouldn't we be doing the same thing?  

As a generalisation a bar charges the same. Some places have a higher rate for early barfines that drops later in the night.

The big variable is in what the girl (GG or LB) asks for. Young, handsome guys get discounts, older, less sightly tourists get charged a sliding fee according to how much the girl wants to sleep with them. A very high quote is the same as saying "no thanks, I would rather eat glass than have you pawing all over me".

And when one thinks about it & reverses the roles, wouldn't we be doing the same thing?

So if they're getting the discount we can only imagine who gets stuck making up for the lost revenue

I'm very close to sixty, 25 pounds over weight and don't have as much hair as I once did. But I know the going rate and if I don't get that rate I move on to someone who will give me that rate. It's not always the most enjoyable/convienent thing to do but I do it anyway. No one is that special to me that I'm going to grossly overpay to take them. Maybe if I were 100 pounds over weight/disfigured/whatever and was having trouble with lots of girls (a term which includes LBs). But I rarely seem to have that problem. Some girls actually prefer older guys as they figure young guys with big libido will want to have sex many times during a LT.

Having said that about five/six years ago I got together with a young fit guy in Pattaya I first met on a Central American GG board who was a month short of his 20th birthday. I had already bar hopped with him in the Phillipines were he had traveled a few times and he had also gone to Central America mongering when he was 18. He could get young ones out of GG GoGos and sometimes they would stay with him for free for days and he just went to their GoGo and paid the BF. But such is life, there is advantage to the young. I just concentrate on what should be payed and do my best to get there.

signed, the old codger

• Upvote 1

I'm very close to sixty, 25 pounds over weight and don't have as much hair as I once did. But I know the going rate and if I don't get that rate I move on to someone who will give me that rate. It's not always the most enjoyable/convienent thing to do but I do it anyway. No one is that special to me that I'm going to grossly overpay to take them. Maybe if I were 100 pounds over weight/disfigured/whatever and was having trouble with lots of girls (a term which includes LBs). But I rarely seem to have that problem. Some girls actually prefer older guys as they figure young guys with big libido will want to have sex many times during a LT.

Having said that about five/six years ago I got together with a young fit guy in Pattaya I first met on a Central American GG board who was a month short of his 20th birthday. I had already bar hopped with him in the Phillipines were he had traveled a few times and he had also gone to Central America mongering when he was 18. He could get young ones out of GG GoGos and sometimes they would stay with him for free for days and he just went to their GoGo and paid the BF. But such is life, there is advantage to the young. I just concentrate on what should be payed and do my best to get there.

signed, the old codger

Yes if only we all took that stand they could never get away with that kind of crap

• Upvote 1

It may be a mood killer sometimes but if I spot a LB that tickles my fancy I ask her up front what the BF is

and how much the cutie will charge me and then I go from there if its the last night in town

I might pay extra if I have the cash but doesn't alwas work.

Yes if only we all took that stand they could never get away with that kind of crap

I assume the 'Stand' your talking about, globetrotter, my friend, is walking away from a bargirl that doesn't give the 'going rate'.

Too which I say, should she not charge whatever she feels like? She is the one that is fucking for money! And if she's as valuable on the street as a Ferrari, why charge the standard Honda and Toyota prices? She would be all broken and tattered in no time.

I know this 'free-market' theory pisses a lot of punters off.  :sign0181: Just IMHO.

Meanwhile, back on topic...

The standard BF rate for GG and LB in BKK is 600 baht in a-go-go, and 500 in most other Sukhumvit bars. Although I have heard of 200-300. 

There is no standard rate in Pattaya as that shit is all over the board. But I would use the 500-600 baht rule of thumb as a gauge to go by. The only true LB a-go-go in Pattaya is Obsession. I think it's the same for a GG as an LB.

I don't know of any BKK bars that drop BF prices late at night. This is a Pattaya thing.

I have seen superstar LBs charge more when then think they have a 'first time in thailand, just got off the plane' type. And I think this sucks.  :sad0143:

I tell you what really pisses me off. Sidewalk bars on Suk charging 500 baht for a barfine. Really? There's no fucking rent! No pool table! The music usually sucks! And I know that whiskey if not genuine product!

Or just a regular bar charging a-go-go BF price of 600 baht. It's only a 100 baht difference, I know, but it's the principle. (And I am sure bar owners are not on the same payroll as a-go-go bar owners.)

• Upvote 2

I assume the 'Stand' your talking about, globetrotter, my friend, is walking away from a bargirl that doesn't give the 'going rate'.

Too which I say, should she not charge whatever she feels like? She is the one that is fucking for money! And if she's as valuable on the street as a Ferrari, why charge the standard Honda and Toyota prices? She would be all broken and tattered in no time.

I know this 'free-market' theory pisses a lot of punters off.  :sign0181: Just IMHO.

Meanwhile, back on topic...

The standard BF rate for GG and LB in BKK is 600 baht in a-go-go, and 500 in most other Sukhumvit bars. Although I have heard of 200-300. 

There is no standard rate in Pattaya as that shit is all over the board. But I would use the 500-600 baht rule of thumb as a gauge to go by. The only true LB a-go-go in Pattaya is Obsession. I think it's the same for a GG as an LB.

I don't know of any BKK bars that drop BF prices late at night. This is a Pattaya thing.

I have seen superstar LBs charge more when then think they have a 'first time in thailand, just got off the plane' type. And I think this sucks.  :sad0143:

I tell you what really pisses me off. Sidewalk bars on Suk charging 500 baht for a barfine. Really? There's no fucking rent! No pool table! The music usually sucks! And I know that whiskey if not genuine product!

Or just a regular bar charging a-go-go BF price of 600 baht. It's only a 100 baht difference, I know, but it's the principle. (And I am sure bar owners are not on the same payroll as a-go-go bar owners.)

There plenty of other LB agogo's in Patts besides Obsessions. I wouldn't label Stringfellows, Baby Boom, along with other locations on Soi 6 and Soi Buakao beer bars. As for barfines, as many have stated can be all over the place. 500 Baht is a good measuring point. Paying these fees is literally a small price to pay. It is either pay the BF and the girl, or resort to banging Mexican, Black and white LBs here in the states. Id rather save my money and spend it on the real deal, Thai LBs. -Swedeman007

I love you Globetrotter... And I want to come back & +1 this post every day for the rest of my life! :good:

The most simple, succinctly consise & relevant post that I've ever read on any forum!... God bless you!

Just such a DAMM shame it's wasted words & wont ever happen!

There plenty of other LB agogo's in Patts besides Obsessions. I wouldn't label Stringfellows, Baby Boom, along with other locations on Soi 6 and Soi Buakao beer bars. As for barfines, as many have stated can be all over the place. 500 Baht is a good measuring point. Paying these fees is literally a small price to pay. It is either pay the BF and the girl, or resort to banging Mexican, Black and white LBs here in the states. Id rather save my money and spend it on the real deal, Thai LBs. -Swedeman007

There are some hot Mexican or Latin trannies in the states! They can hold you over until you can come back for the real deal.

I am not a youngster anymore, but I dont think I have to pay more due to age.

with barfines there is not too much to discuss, they are usually fixed by the barowner, in Pattay I have noticed ST barfines for 300 whereby the lb should be back in approx one hour ( they never have counted the minutes) and LT barfines where they have not to come back the same night.

In Pattaya I have never paid more than 1000 Bhat per head in a moresome for "Shorttime" which lasted sometimes 2-3 hours, I never pay a so called Lt fee for whole night. Everyone, if LB or GG is usually happy to stay overnight in a nice clean airconditioned room with bathroom and fresh towels, when you have seen the places they usually live you know why.

If I am in ghe mood for to keep her all night she is free to stay, if she starts a discussion about extra payment I show her the door.But usuallly there is none. It isme in the most cases who compliments them out as I prefer to sleep alone and dont need sex anymore.

In Bangkok I have realized that LBs ask for 1500, but that is negotiable.

And when you sit down on Sukhumvit and have your beer at 1,30 am you can have them all on their way home for max 1000 Bhat .

So far my experience, suppose many have made a similar one.

• Upvote 2

Older guys are often seen as a better bet because we are more considerate & don't want to boom-boom all night. At least I don't. And the Thais are a gracious lot who value manners, not that you would know it if you have only dealt with hookers. So a polite guy in his 60's can be viewed as a better prospect than a playboy in his 20's. Plus I am sure they interpret politeness as weakness thus increasing their chances of getting more money.

Here's an example of someone who would find the quotes he gets to be a tad on the high side. If he gets any takers at all.

post-83-0-39066000-1381321268_thumb.jpg

I love you Globetrotter... And I want to come back & +1 this post every day for the rest of my life! :good:

The most simple, succinctly consise & relevant post that I've ever read on any forum!... God bless you!

Just such a DAMM shame it's wasted words & wont ever happen!

Thanks for the kind words Lung, much appreciated

I guess they feel they are isolated enough ( albeit only 1 skytrain stop) to get away with it

Seven of the bars on Cowboy are owned by one guy. Kiss, Spice Girls, Sahara, Dejavu, Midnite, Rio and Rawhide are owned by a guy called "the Arab" even though he is Iranian. I think it is perhaps some kind of implied insult for a Persian to be called an Arab. His places are known for being expensive. We LB lovers do get a break at the likes of Nana and Cowboy. I believe GGs ask for quite a bit more than LBs in these locations.

FWIW todays history lesson. Soi Cowboy is named after T.G. "Cowboy" Edwards an ex U.S. serviceman who opened one of the first bars. He always wore a cowboy hat.

• Upvote 2