Name that bar

globetrotter

I think I know the place you are talking about, globetrotter, but I don't know the name.  If so, you're right, the same side of soi 4 as NEP, but it's a good block or so further away from NEP (going away from Sukhumvit)?  Across the street from those open beer bars?  It is definitely a bar, kind of a lot of dark wood, almost a British "pubish" feel inside?  I had a burger there a couple of years ago.  It was OK, but you just can't beat a burger from a good sports bar in the US.  I remember thinking that I wish I had an Idaho plate to give them, since they did have pretty decent fries.  The motto on Idaho plates is "Famous Potatoes"  so bars in the US with good fries (yes, "fries", not "chips"! lol) and license plates on the wall often make it a point to have Idaho plates on display.

Then again, I could be completely wrong since I'm generally looking at LBs on soi 4 not taverns!

I think I know the place you are talking about, globetrotter, but I don't know the name.  If so, you're right, the same side of soi 4 as NEP, but it's a good block or so further away from NEP (going away from Sukhumvit)?  Across the street from those open beer bars?  It is definitely a bar, kind of a lot of dark wood, almost a British "pubish" feel inside?  I had a burger there a couple of years ago.  It was OK, but you just can't beat a burger from a good sports bar in the US.  I remember thinking that I wish I had an Idaho plate to give them, since they did have pretty decent fries.  The motto on Idaho plates is "Famous Potatoes"  so bars in the US with good fries (yes, "fries", not "chips"! lol) and license plates on the wall often make it a point to have Idaho plates on display.

Then again, I could be completely wrong since I'm generally looking at LBs on soi 4 not taverns!

Its right across from the Rajah hotel parking where Guess bar is and the wall where farangs sit ,hang out and drink

It is indeed named The Tavern. It is American owned and has such delicacies as chili dogs. :-) Good and large Americian breakfast but not cheap.

The Tavern: http://goo.gl/map

thanks got to be it as in the pic you can see a sign advertising the chili dogs, and as a sidenote what a shame about the brekkie  as taverns are supposed to be cheap  :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

It is indeed named The Tavern. It is American owned and has such delicacies as chili dogs. :-) Good and large Americian breakfast but not cheap.

The Tavern: http://goo.gl/maps/a13ha

Yes, The Tavern! Great little spot. Good burgers, great fries and the breakfast plates are good. The chili looks pasty to me so I haven't tried it. But some guys say thats how it should be done. 

The American Breakfast is excellent and only 220 baht. I eat it once a week for sure. And now that the Silver Dollar cafe is gone, I don't know where you can get a better inexpensive breakfast in BKK.

Yes, The Tavern! Great little spot. Good burgers, great fries and the breakfast plates are good. The chili looks pasty to me so I haven't tried it. But some guys say thats how it should be done.

The American Breakfast is excellent and only 220 baht. I eat it once a week for sure. And now that the Silver Dollar cafe is gone, I don't know where you can get a better inexpensive breakfast in BKK.

For 220 baht I would just hold out till lunch and get the AYCE lunch buffet at the Ibis hotel , just down the road , for a paltry 200 baht, amazing value for a bargain-lover like myself

For 220 baht I would just hold out till lunch and get the AYCE lunch buffet at the Ibis hotel , just down the road , for a paltry 200 baht, amazing value for a bargain-lover like myself

Wow! Good to know! I will check it out! If I can get up early enough!  :party0021:

I eat there most days for lunch have not tryed dinner maybe this comeing trip ...bring on 9th October. GT have you had any luck with google earth.