Absolute Beginners:Significant Memories, What's yours?

bumblebee

I am sure most, if not all of us have experienced a moment or two on our first time in Los and thought "There is something different going on here."  It may not necessarily be LB related, perhaps just an observation on something that got you thinking.

Prior to my first time in Thailand, like most of us my only knowledge of the p4p scene was what i read in the papers and saw on TV.  It all appeared to be clinical and time/money ratio orientated.  Basically i knew damn all about it as I had only dabbled drunkenly on a couple occasions in Spain.  The proverbial "wham bam, thank you mam" and that is selling it good.

So anyway I have been in Thailand 4 days and it's my first time.  My brother and our mate have been here before and have regaled me with their stories of the previous trip and the free fun they had with the local girls.  I am sitting in a small restaurant on Soi Binthabaht, Hua Hin (it was love at first trip) taking it all in.and reflecting on my days there so far.

I look across the soi and see a guy perhaps in his mid 50s wrapped in only a towel, come out on the balcony of an old wooden guest house, which those who have been in HH will know well.  A few moments later a hottie in her early 20s at most comes out in the same attire and throws her arms around him.  I think to myself how the hell did this guy pull a chick like her....

Looking back, how was I to know any better?  Nobody had told me about this stuff and how can you research something on the internet you are not even aware of.  Having experienced so much in the intervening years in SE Asian and realising how a lot of it works there,( I won't be arrogant enough to say "it all" as there is always something new to make the eyebow rise) it is one of my fondest memories.  

Like many of you guys i have become quite cynical of it all.  But there was a time when I was an absolute beginner to all this, and that moment in HH is the one that sticks out.

Cool storry BB I must say I was the same on my first trip to Bangers all the pretty ladys I did not know

witch way to look so I just sat in the bar outside Nana hotel and watched to world go by very cool

I had dabbled in the LB seen here in Aus but nothing like LB land once I got home it was time to book my next trip

and as thay say the rest is history bring on October.

chees.

• Upvote 1

my first stroll up soi 6 i thought this is absolutely fucking nuts, couldn\t be anywhere else like it on earth, and then i stumbled upon ( literally)  soi 6/1 ...................... btw still am pretty much a beginner but thats what really stands out in my mind

I am sure seeing soi 6/1 is a memorable experience for many guys.  A real WTF. :biggrin: 

Cool storry BB I must say I was the same on my first trip to Bangers all the pretty ladys I did not know

witch way to look so I just sat in the bar outside Nana hotel and watched to world go by very cool

I had dabbled in the LB seen here in Aus but nothing like LB land once I got home it was time to book my next trip

and as thay say the rest is history bring on October.

chees.

Cheers SP.  I do recall on my second trip, alone this time and having read up on the p4p scene for a year, standing in Nana car park and thinking "Man I'm actually in the place that the guys were talking about on the net."  This was before i had discovered any ladyboy forum stuff and got all my info from this site.

http://www.whorist.com/

I wrote this 5 years ago on 28th September 2008 (on LB-69.com) and thought it might be appropriate here.

I vividly remember sitting on the steps of a clothes shop on Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok (diagonally opposite the gas station at the end of soi 4) at daybreak smoking a cigarette following my first ever night in Bangkok.

This was the morning of June 22nd 1998, the first new day at the beginning of a round-the-world trip which would ultimately last 16 months in total, of which 9 months (not consecutive) would be spent in Thailand and include travelling to and through some 14 other countries.

As I drew on my cigarette, I pondered on the fact that my life would never ever be the same again. At that time I was a little apprehensive at what lay ahead, but also excited by all the experiences which were to come and all the people I was bound to meet. This really was the first day of the rest of my life and turned out to be the best decision I ever made. I'll never forget that precise moment as my adventure lay ahead and my future remained un-written.

Time for thought over the course of my trip led me to train and change my career entirely on my return to the UK, this will now allow for my retirement to come much sooner. Also, I now have the most wonderful ladyboy girlfriend I could ever have dreamed of and I plan to retire to Thailand in less than 4 years.

That memory is still strong despite it being over 15 years ago.

As things turned out the relationship with my ladyboy girlfriend at the time of posting lasted for a further 3½ years and is now over. It took me an extra 9 months over my original estimate back then to retire.

I wonder what we'll all be doing in another 5 years time  :flirt2:

• Upvote 2

I think many of us can relate to that wonderful feeling of discovery DC and you put it nicely.  The realisation that this wonderful new world you have just discovered goes on, day in, day out while you are at home going about your regular life if quite a revelation. And to think it will still be here whenever we return is reassuring also.

My first trip to Thailand nearly 20 years ago was a very short two day stay in BKK because of an airline connection problem going back to the US from India.  I knew nothing of Thailand at the time, but fortunately was directed to a hotel on Sukhumvit.  I walked around almost the whole time just exploring.

One vivid memory from then is saying to my preternaturally youthful self, "Man, there sure are a lot of elderly gentlemen with amazingly young wives here."  I was starting to continue the inner dialogue with, "Hmm, I wonder why they let them go around dressed so scantilly?", but within a second stopped short and gave my inner self a dope-slap...Doh!  "They're not their wives.  Why, they're just out on a date."   A second later, a second dope-slap...Doh!  Date indeed!  lol

Two years would pass before I spent any significant time in Thailand, but the die had been cast.  Now the middle-aged soiboy strolls happily with his own amazingly youthful dates.  They tell me how handsome I am and how much they love me.  And I believe them, because I remain hopelessly naive...thank God!

• Upvote 3

These are great stories! I love hearing this stuff!

I was just replaying how exciting it was my first time, in my head, 2 nights ago, as I was walking from Nana plaza to Nana Disco and  you couldn't punch the smile off my face. I wish I could have a 'first trip to BKK' again and again. Or once a week. I guess this is what happened with the crack epidemic in the states in the 90's. At least that's how a good friend described it. (I stay away from the 'heavy' party favors). 

I will add my trip later. I am not good at writing stories late at night. Too bad, I could be like Bukowski!  :biggrin:

Looking forward to reading more beginner stuff! Great thread!  :happy0065:

These are great stories! I love hearing this stuff!

I was just replaying how exciting it was my first time, in my head, 2 nights ago, as I was walking from Nana plaza to Nana Disco and  you couldn't punch the smile off my face. I wish I could have a 'first trip to BKK' again and again. Or once a week. I guess this is what happened with the crack epidemic in the states in the 90's. At least that's how a good friend described it. (I stay away from the 'heavy' party favors). 

I will add my trip later. I am not good at writing stories late at night. Too bad, I could be like Bukowski!  :biggrin:

Looking forward to reading more beginner stuff! Great thread!  :happy0065:

I reckon Nana and the surrounding area would be a fews guys abiding memory of Bkk on a fist trip.  Look forward to your report Rukki. :hi: 

It was about 5 days into my first trip and reading the Bangkok Post waiting for the start of a scuba trip.

Saw an ad for a job in my field in Bangkok.

Had a realization that I was not confined to my prior options and alternatives.

I was now aware of new possibilities and a flood of emotion passed through me.  

• Upvote 1

Well,

Mine is a little different...my first dawning that the world was VERY different in Patts occurred on the second leg of my flrst flight to Thailand.  I was sitting next to the an American Ex-Pat who said he had lived for the past five years on Thailand for about 8 months out of the year.  When I explained that I was going to check out Pattaya as well as BKK and Koh Chang, he said well..."Don't think Pattaya is the rest of Thailand...you know there are four companies contracted to pick up dead foreigners from the streets and hotels in Pattaya."  and he said it so matter of factly, I didn't know how to respond.

Then, on my first night on Walking street, I came out of the Marine Disco at 5 am, and saw a 70plus year old ex-pat stumbling down the street obviously inebriated, and it clicked...Pattaya is different, when I earlier that day stepped off the cheap Charlie bus from the airport to Patts, I HAD VOLUNTARILY ASSUMED THE RISK OF HAVING TOO MUCH FUN.

Cheers,

• Upvote 2