Guest route67

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

looks tasty bb well worth 99 baht did you not  fancy trying the big one      

For about a week Nicky's have been offering an 'Early Bird Special' breakfast for B130, it is available from 8am to 11am.  It is the same as the normal breakfast, as shown above in Duke's post, m

I know you Americans love  Pancakes and Syrup or even Ham for your American style Breakfast, I will stick to the English version at the Hideaway ta very much , I would expect the coffee to be extra as

Posted Images

• 10 months later...

In a Ride For Kicks video that Dukey just posted, it seems that the Hideaway now has a 99 baht breakfast.  I'm not sure if coffee is included but if it does include their brewed coffee it's an excellent deal as their coffee is quite good and their competition, Cheap Charlies, has a good brekkie deal but with mediocre coffee.

it seems that many places with good breakfast deals serve shitty coffee with those deals and I doubt that the extra cost to the business is all that much which could be made up by skimping elsewhere in the breakfast.

• Like 1

If there was a Romscar for best breakfast then the Hideaway @ 99 baht would get my vote!

The Hideaway traditionally has emphasised quality but didn't seem keen on competing pricewise.  With only expats left in town and the Cheap Charlie brekkie only a few minutes away, Hideaway has now chosen to compete on price.

I strongly prefer the Hideaway American breakfast to Cheap Charlie's American breakfast at the exact same price. 

Hideaway's breakfast includes a hash brown patty which CC lacks.  Hideaway's coffee is also a clear winner.  Their bacon and sausage seemed tastier.  You get three pancakes instead of two.   You get real maple syrup.  OTOH, Cheap Charlie's gives you toast and butter.

I prefer the Hideaway's ambiance.  Nothing wrong with the functionality, fans, and comfort of CC,  but the Hideaway seems both trendier and cozier and it's also a plus not to be directly on Buakhao.  

Note, you get 2 eggs with the brekkie but I don't like eggs so said skip the eggs and they wound up giving me extra bacon but that might depend on the mood of the waitress.  But it was a pleasant surprise!

The Hideaway also has an English breakfast at 99 baht which is also an excellent value.  Nicky's, a favorite of the Brexiteer crowd in that neighborhood, also has an English breakfast but looking at the pic outside their joint it didn't appear that it includes coffee or tea.  It very well might but I won't be finding out as Nicky's chooses to end it's breakfast at 1PM in a town where many eat breakfast well after 1PM.  Not sure how late the Hideaway serves breakfast but I ordered mine after 2PM.

Here's a pic of the Hideaway's Breakfast that I ordered:

hideaeayambr.jpg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

If there was a Romscar for best breakfast then the Hideaway @ 99 baht would get my vote!

The Hideaway traditionally has emphasised quality but didn't seem keen on competing pricewise.  With only expats left in town and the Cheap Charlie brekkie only a few minutes away, Hideaway has now chosen to compete on price.

I strongly prefer the Hideaway American breakfast to Cheap Charlie's American breakfast at the exact same price. 

Hideaway's breakfast includes a hash brown patty which CC lacks.  Hideaway's coffee is also a clear winner.  Their bacon and sausage seemed tastier.  You get three pancakes instead of two.   You get real maple syrup.  OTOH, Cheap Charlie's gives you toast and butter.

I prefer the Hideaway's ambiance.  Nothing wrong with the functionality, fans, and comfort of CC,  but the Hideaway seems both trendier and cozier and it's also a plus not to be directly on Buakhao.  

Note, you get 2 eggs with the brekkie but I don't like eggs so said skip the eggs and they wound up giving me extra bacon but that might depend on the mood of the waitress.  But it was a pleasant surprise!

The Hideaway also has an English breakfast at 99 baht which is also an excellent value.  Nicky's, a favorite of the Brexiteer crowd in that neighborhood, also has an English breakfast but looking at the pic outside their joint it didn't appear that it includes coffee or tea.  It very well might but I won't be finding out as Nicky's chooses to end it's breakfast at 1PM in a town where many eat breakfast well after 1PM.  Not sure how late the Hideaway serves breakfast but I ordered mine after 2PM.

Here's a pic of the Hideaway's Breakfast that I ordered:

hideaeayambr.jpg

Looks pretty good but those pancakes need a bit of a tan, don't even look fully cooked 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 12/20/2019 at 6:59 AM, Pdoggg said:

Cheap Charlies is only 2 minutes from Baby Boom on Buakhao.    Worth trying once to see if it suits you because the price is right.

My last visit to Pattaya was August 2019, I ate at Cheap Charlies several times and there was a tall, sexy ladyboy working there.

• Like 1
On 11/20/2020 at 2:43 PM, duke007 said:

I know you Americans love  Pancakes and Syrup

Most of us do but not me. I like salty ham, american bacon, fried potatos and biscuits. I also like traditional English breakfasts; at first beans seemed strange but I started liking them. as well.

Crazy Dave used to have a good English breakfast; open all night on Soi Pothole. Really tasted good after a night on the town:biggrin:

• Like 1