"I own a f&"*in' fridge in Krabi"

bumblebee

Justice Issan-style! 

She comes home to settle down in the house that represents the fruits of her labours. However her sister marries a local & they move in with her. Now the brother-in-law has to confront his failings every day. It's not his house, he can't afford to buy the land or pay for the construction. And every time he looks at the ladyboy, he is reminded of how little he has brought to the family & what a first class loser he is.

He can't stand it. The impotent rage this causes is killing his ego. And when he goes to play cards with his mates & they all get drunk on Thai whiskey, they would taunt him about it. How can he be a real man if he has to rely on a ladyboy? So by intimidation he forces her out. Now he can tell his mates he owns the house. He can even tell them he paid for it. They know it's a lie but once it is stated, no one dares suggest it isn't the truth. The brother-in-law has now regained face & any question about his morality or fairness is dead & buried.

This primitive behaviour wasn't tolerated in the 19th century but Issan still has some way to catch up with those "enlightened" times.

Oh, & good job Lung with helping the poor girl.

Fuckin' ell' Paxo!.. Well personally, I wouldn’t necessarily have been so presumptuous as to assume that myself... But it had crossed my mind & it pretty much got confirmed the other day during a telephone conversation when I asked her if she was missing her family yet? & she replied that she misses them all except for the brother-in-law!.. So yeah... It no doubt was that nasty impotent rage, after all.

As unshockable as I think I might have become, it still rarely ceases to amaze me to see what these people will fuckin' do to one another! They can be complete & utter shit dogs! But that's another topic all in itself.

Anyway, it's not Issarn, it's up here somewhere... But thanks ever so much for helping me to cover my tracks!.. In my haste I'd initially written down the name of the place, but I snuck back in & edited it out.

...and Pacman you are doing a blinder with your analysis of Thai ways of doing things :hi:   A great help to readers unfamiliar with the peculiarities of life in Los.

You are too kind BB. And anything we can post to make new members better educated as to how some Thais behave has to be a good thing. This is the stuff they don't tell you at the travel agency. Or in the travel pages of the newspaper.

Fuckin' ell' Paxo!.. Well personally, I wouldn’t necessarily have been so presumptuous as to assume that myself... 

I was expecting some one to mention my presumption. Seeing as I don't know the lady you were talking about or her extended family, I was drawing a long bow. But I have heard of what happens to many of our friends when they settle down & I am also well aware of the contempt many of the males have for ladyboys so it wasn't a stretch to fill in the gaps. Plus I couldn't have written the post if I had to keep adding the necessary qualifying words. 

But it had crossed my mind & it pretty much got confirmed the other day during a telephone conversation when I asked her if she was missing her family yet? & she replied that she misses them all except for the brother-in-law!.. So yeah... It no doubt was that nasty impotent rage, after all.

Vindication! As soon as I read she was forced to share her room with her sister & her husband, I knew he wouldn't accept that. And his attitude would be compounded by the fact the owner of the house is katoey. Among some men that would be a source of shame. Despite everything we read about what an accepting society Thailand is & how Buddhism lets them accept their transgender kinfolk, there are still those who aren't so thrilled to have them around. 

As unshockable as I think I might have become, it still rarely ceases to amaze me to see what these people will fuckin' do to one another! They can be complete & utter shit dogs! But that's another topic all in itself.

I agree with you. I know some horror stories, stuff you can't repeat because no one will believe you. And it's that reason why I don't think the topic should be started on a forum of gentlemen. Once nasty allegations are posted without proof, the topic then attracts attention for all the wrong reasons. Suffice to say that not everyone in the villages behaves well.

But hasn't it ever been thus everywhere? We shouldn't be getting on our moral high horse.

Acts of kindness are good at any time and not being gullible and made to look silly is a fine juggling act especially here in thailand.

2 years ago I had a regular LB bar girl I liked a lot, that really didnt like the work and has now gone and stayed back home and labours rather that the 'other' option anymore.

Her room was small and shared but provided no entertainment so I bought her a TV ( cathay ray tube model 15 " her choice  2500 baht )  :-)  she seemed to be happy with it and as it was almost worthless couldnt have traded it for a cuddly toy when she left.

After she did leave, some 6 months later I had an encounter with her friend and went to the room as there was a power cut here and it was easy to reach.....to my surprise the TV was still there and providing entertainment.

So I guess I own a TV in Soi Reggea Samui :-)  

• Upvote 1

I took a ladyboy to a couple of Asian Cup football matches when the Aussies were playing in Bkk a few years ago, and it was soon apparent that her eyesight was shot, she could barely watch the play. So I took her to a Top Charoen store the next day and sorted out some prescription glasses for her, and she still wears them to this day. I've bought her a few other things over the years, teeth, a fridge, DVD player, school fees for salon and massage training, uni fees for her brother and a deposit for a motorbike. I guess I've helped her a lot actually, I only once ever bought her gold and of course it was pawned within weeks. She seems to think I'll be buying her a salon up in Roi Et one day and I'm that silly I probably will.

• Upvote 2

I have to admit to being a member of the secret fridge owners club but considering it replaced a bucket of ice I felt I'd done something worthwhile.

After it was installed and running the girl then hit me up for some cash to cover the increased electricity costs ( they don't miss a trick do they).

Other items include endless pairs of high heels, half a motorbike (long story), braces for kids teeth, several dresses, salon lessons, private english tutor, various handbags, 2 x gold trinkets (which were both sold within days), 2 mobile phones etc. 

The phone purchases bring back some memories. I remember taking one Lb I'd spent some time with to the shopping centre and buying her her first decent mobile. When I handed it to her she threw her arms around me and burst into tears.

We arranged to meet later that night for dinner and a quiet evening at my hotel until I recieved a text from her apologising that she couldn't make it because her friend sick, of course I later found out she'd spent the evening getting shagged by someone else. She saw the opportunity for a good day (a new mobile and some cash) and who could blame her. I laugh about it now but a good lesson.

I discovered Thailand rather late at the age of 50. I knew after my first trip I'd be back so on subsequent trips, and apart from reading the forums, I set about learning as much as I could about this game including sometimes allowing myself to be ripped off ( in small proportions) just for the experience and of course there's the times when I had no idea I was being done.

I've done ten trips now and while I know that's a drop in the ocean to what some of you have done it's been quite an experience.

Like a lot of you I now have one or two tucked away out of the scene (or so they say) who I try and find time to see when I'm there plus I find now that after experiencing short time, long time, long long time, boyfriend, sponsor etc and with a waning sex drive I'm just happy with hello, short time, goodbye or sometimes just a grope in the bar but having said that I always have the time of my life.

Sorry I'm starting to ramble.         

• Upvote 3

Yups, I concur also Uncle, good story.....we all need a bit of a learning curve when dealing with Thai's and I bet 90% of the people who are really into the scene like we are [female or ladyboys] would admit to having been slightly burned to one degree or another at some point.

The other 10% are liars.

• 3 weeks later...

Part 1. Somewhere in Mandaluyong, next to Makati, in Manila is a beautifully installed shower tray......years and years ago on my first travels here I met a GG.  Later, filled with love and lust and and struggling with a streaming cold, I used air miles to fly from Europe to Manila for a long weekend stay with her.  She was living with 3 other girls (courtesy of a range of sponsors) in a small and fairly run-down apartment.  First night I realized that the shower floor flooded each time it was used.  No idea what possessed me but I volunteered to fix it all.  Fuelled by Sudafed, jet-lag, rum, some weird male machismo and the possibility of multiple grateful BJ's I spent all weekend buying a new tray, removing the old one, finding new tiles, grouting, putting on sealant, adding an extra overflow outlet and so on.  I barely left the bathroom - I was completely obsessed. I finally finished about 3 hours before my flight was due to depart. It looked lovely. Didn't receive the ultimate oral thanks from the residents though.  Some three weeks later the first e.mail arrived requesting help with college fees / rent / clothes etc.  Never saw her again.  The strangest thing is that rarely before had I done anything that could remotely be described as DIY and to this day I still can't work out how I managed it all.

Managed it all? Answer : Sudafed, jet-lag, rum