So, what's the current favorite for taxi hires from BKK airport to Pattaya?

Most usually run between 1000-1200 baht BKK to Patta, or around 1000 baht Patts to BKK.

I've had great luck in the past with Apple, but have heard she's disappeared.

Some guys rave about Mr. T, others have had problems.

Same same Mr. Toom.

Couple guys have rated www.thelimopattaya.com very highly.

Others say just go down one level to the taxi stand and hire right there for 1200 baht.

Anyone got a recommendation?

Jimslim and I previously used Apple for many trips, unfortunately since her health deteriorated, understandably her service went down hill.

Last trip we used Mr.T both ways - nice comfortable cars and safe reliable drivers. Would use them again. Brother Slim will have the info should you require it.

As you know I've used Apple before as well. I now have Mr Yo Taxi Service on my Facebook friends list, he seems to do all kinds of transfers and tours even Airport to Bangkok Hotel, although a bit exy. I believe his rate for BKK to Patts is 1200. He is Chonburi based I think. I plan to use him in Apr/May.

Mr. T =  mr_ttaxi@hotmail.com  phone: 0066 812 587 716 or 

Mr. Toom = toom39@msn.com

www.pttaxiservice.com = p.t.taxi@hotmail.com - mobile: 086-3921240 office: 085-4449035

I emailed all three above, here are the results:

1. Mr. Toom - responded 19 minutes after my email: 1,200 THB. Pattaya back to BKK. A/P(SUV.)price is 1,000 THB

2. PT Taxi - replied 70 minutes are my email: 1,000 THB (no rate quoted for return, but I didn't ask for one).

So, what's the current favorite for taxi hires from BKK airport to Pattaya?

Most usually run between 1000-1200 baht BKK to Patta, or around 1000 baht Patts to BKK.

I've had great luck in the past with Apple, but have heard she's disappeared.

Some guys rave about Mr. T, others have had problems.

Same same Mr. Toom.

Couple guys have rated www.thelimopattaya.com very highly.

Others say just go down one level to the taxi stand and hire right there for 1200 baht.

Anyone got a recommendation?

Back in 2008, I had booked a Mr Toom taxi from Yensabai Condo to the airport for my trip home. He did not show up. After waiting a good 45 mins after his scheduled arrival time, I booked another taxi on the spur of the moment from the lady at the check in desk at the condo. He was there in about 15 minutes and drove like a bat out of hell to make sure I made it to the airport on time. 

That would have been my 5th trip in a Toom taxi and the other 4 were all ok. His cars were all either Volvos or Mercedes, so a lot roomier and safer than the typical Jap made car.  

A timely thread

I have been using Pattaya limos for a couple of years now - 1200 and good cars, very reliable. This time, I had to ring them from the UK since they didn't reply to either my request through their website or to my subsequent e-mail. I was assured everything was OK and I would be met at the airport on Sunday. Arrived at Swampy, through immigration and customs in 25 minutes and then had to wait for an hour for my car. No explanation, no consideration that I was a repeat customer, nothing.

So regretfully, I cannot recommend them.

Bye the bye, before I used Pattaya Limos, I used Apple but as Ciobha said, the service deteriorated badly and I lost patience with them after the price, agreed beforehand in writing to be 1200 suddenly rose to 1400 when it was time to pay. When I contacted her by phone, she sounded so resigned that I didn't have the heart to object and just paid. But never again will I use them.

I've always used Mr T Taxi. Mostly the service is great, as is the price of 1000 baht all in for motorway transfer (to/from Airport or Central Bangkok).  Mr T's own drivers are fine - speedy, but not manic - and his vehicles very good. i usually tip them if I've had a restful journey (ie they drive like I do!)

But occasionally they use a freelance driver & car (who happens to be in Pattaya). Or in Bangkok use a contact they know, if they havent got a car in the capital at the appointed time.  This is where the problems arise - with drivers trying to make 120+ baht by avoiding tolls if they can, or just being poor drivers, or have inferior vehicles.

On one transfer a year ago, I had an old Volvo Limo (typical hotel car) pick me up in Pattaya. The driver made an excuse about traffic, so he could detour through Chonburi. Kept tailgating vans, buses etc. Then crashed into a pickup truck on the dual carriageway  :mad0235:

Fortunately I was wearing seatbelt, and no-one hurt. Of course, the Thai driver insisted it wasnt his fault (never is in LOS) because the truck stopped 'too quickly'! MrT sent out a replacement van from Pattaya, to collect me. When he arrived the second driver asked: 'Why did he go this way to Bangkok?' ..... Exactly.

On another occasion a female driver in Bangkok ("no, I not work Mr T. I friend of he") decided to avoid the toll booth in Sukhumvit to get on tollway down at Petchaburi Road. Took 50 minutes to get to the tollway, we got stuck in traffic!

Really there is no way of knowing in advance about these.  Booking ahead should help, to get into their normal schedules, but no guarantee.  I may try one of the others next time.

I too stopped using Apple, after being charged more than the originally quoted price.

Mr T has been pretty good so far so I'll stick with him .

Not really sure what happened with Apple she used to be glad of the custom , must have got greedy .

One thing I've learn't to my cost is never try to cut costs and save money by shopping around , for the sake of a few hundred baht it's better to use someone tried and tested .

Last year we got a bargain basement price from some joker in Soi VC that apparently included tolls all the way to Nana in Bangkok 

He turned up in some sort of run down battered jalopy and insisted on a countryside detour to buy some fuel not available in mainstream garages , probably the stuff they use for frying chicken .

What should have been a two hour journey became almost double that and being stuck in a traffic jam in Bangkok is no fun especially in a cramped wreck of a car .

• 2 years later...

Mr T didnt show up for me at swampy when i landed in november.....my first and last time i will ever go to the trouble of booking with him/them again.....

Sorry to hear that willie. I booked Mr T twice in November myself, first to pick me up after a Flight in from Manila and the second to take me back to Survarnabhumi from the Chow Soy, drivers were there prompt on both occasions as they have been on the numerous times Ive used their service before....maybe you were just unlucky mucker or you didnt see him at Gate 3 at the arrival hall :biggrin:

Sorry to hear that willie. I booked Mr T twice in November myself, first to pick me up after a Flight in from Manila and the second to take me back to Survarnabhumi from the Chow Soy, drivers were there prompt on both occasions as they have been on the numerous times Ive used their service before....maybe you were just unlucky mucker or you didnt see him at Gate 3 at the arrival hall :biggrin:

well,i had a good look for him,and he

Wasnt there.....i arrived too late for the bell bus,otherwise i would have took that......i paid 1200 baht from the taxi rank....no big deal.

• 2 weeks later...

GOOD fucking LUCK on THAT one, those fuckers will roundly and soundly say NO!!! often and forever. Had to ask 7 of the bastards when I got stuck out near the river after the river taxi's stopped running. None wanted to go to Sukhumvit at Thong Lor. MOST unprofessional fux I've run across. I will praise the junta *IF* they can get taxi's to behave as they SHOULD. No no no. That's if they don't just shake head and pull away. Makes me want to start a taxi business there. Eat em for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It ain't rocket science.

Third world.

awaiting the apologists.