memorable lines

Lefty

hows about"dying aint much of a living boy"

or "look at it like this,the Irish are the blacks of Europe,the Dubliners are the blacks of Ireland,and the North side Dubliners are the blacks of Dublin.....so say it loud-I'm black and I'm proud"

or "you try any of that shit with me,I'll take that piece off you,stick it up yo ass,and pull the trigger until it goes click"

Three different movies by the way.

• Upvote 1

Actually, I think the quote is from Saucier.

Although Willard did indeed comment on it, "Never get out of the boat; god damn right. Unless you're prepared to go all the way."

Classic film that. Reminds me of when I was young...

You're right Trenton, Willard just repeats it...

My memory banks too damaged.

"dying aint much of a living boy"

or "look at it like this,the Irish are the blacks of Europe,the Dubliners are the blacks of Ireland,and the North side Dubliners are the blacks of Dublin.....so say it loud-I'm black and I'm proud"

First one Clint Eastwood ?

Second The Commitments

"dying aint much of a living boy"

First one Clint Eastwood ?

Second The Commitments

correct jimslim-clint in the outlaw josy wales

2nd the commitments

3rd-jesus the paedo in the big lebowski

Our buddy Lefty would have gooten that one.................but he's been out on the town. :gym:

one of ,if not my favourite film.....its such a cult thing nowadays...there is even a "religion" based on it..the church of dudeism....you can attend yearly "big lebowski" conventions...i even found a Big Lebowski bar in Dresden ,Germany....

even the soundtrack is amazing..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz2ET5K6zY0&feature=player_detailpage

Boy, I seem to have started something with Apocalypse Now quotes.

Prolly because it's the best movie of all-time, hell the whole thing is just one big quote.

Martin Sheen's narrative voice;

"This may have been my mission but it sure as hell was Chief's boat"

''Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger''

"The war was being run by a bunch of four-star clowns who were going to end up giving the whole circus away''

''Charlie's idea of great R and R was cold rice and a little rat meat.''

just absolutely classic stuff

Prolly because it's the best movie of all-time, hell the whole thing is just one big quote.

Martin Sheen's narrative voice;

"This may have been my mission but it sure as hell was Chief's boat"

''Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger''

"The war was being run by a bunch of four-star clowns who were going to end up giving the whole circus away''

''Charlie's idea of great R and R was cold rice and a little rat meat.''

just absolutely classic stuff

Yep. It sure as hell gets my vote.

They were gunna make me a major for this, but they didn't know it, I wasn't even part of their fuckun army anymore. [or something like that anyhow]

classic alright.

Rev's dad

or

Animal house

Specifically Dean Vernon Wormer spoken to Kent Dorfman aka Flounder.

John Vernon was quite a talented, versatile actor. How about this one?

"There's an old saying Mr Fletcher, to the victor goes the spoils"

"There's another old saying senator, don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

"I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror... Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies! I remember when I was with Special Forces... seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate some children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there, and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried, I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out; I didn't know what I wanted to do! And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it... I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought, my God... the genius of that! The genius! The will to do that! Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we, because they could stand that these were not monsters, these were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men, our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment! Because it's judgment that defeats us."

This is a hard one. ;) :spiteful:

Apocalypse Now Marlon Brando's character Colonel Kurtz

A classic film from an icon of an actor

Here is one for you Lefty

By what you preach, none. But what that Comanche believes...ain't got no eyes, he can't enter the Spirit Land. Has to wander forever between the winds. You get it Reverend.

Ethan Edwards (John Wayne) in The Searchers.

" My art has been commended as being strongly vaginal which bothers some men. The word itself makes some men uncomfortable. Vagina. They don't like hearing it and find it difficult to say whereas without batting an eye a man will refer to his dick or his rod or his Johnson."

" My art has been commended as being strongly vaginal which bothers some men. The word itself makes some men uncomfortable. Vagina. They don't like hearing it and find it difficult to say whereas without batting an eye a man will refer to his dick or his rod or his Johnson."

Maud-the daughter of the BIG lebowski to the dude...in the film the big lebowski ....of course

I think the next line is "Johnson?!"

Memorable Lines:

You know a friend of mine broke his hand a while back. Put in a cast. Very next day he takes a fall, protects his bad hand, falls on his good one, breaks that too. So now he's got two busted flippers and I say to him "Creighton, I hope your wife loves you. 'Cause for the next five weeks you cannot wipe your own goddamn ass." That's the test, ain't it? Test of true love.

Memorable Lines:

You know a friend of mine broke his hand a while back. Put in a cast. Very next day he takes a fall, protects his bad hand, falls on his good one, breaks that too. So now he's got two busted flippers and I say to him "Creighton, I hope your wife loves you. 'Cause for the next five weeks you cannot wipe your own goddamn ass." That's the test, ain't it? Test of true love.

Blood Simple, the Coen Bros first movie. Spoken by M. Emmet Walsh in the role of Loren Visser.