memorable lines

Lefty

"When a man hath no freedom to fight for at home,

Let him combat for that of his neighbors,

Let him think of the Glories of Greece and of Rome,

And get knocked on the head for his labors.

To do good to mankind is a chivalrous plan,

And as always is nobly requited.

So battle for freedom where ever you can,

And if not shot or hanged,

You'll get knighted!"

"You write that, Harry?"

"No, no. It was a minor poet, called Byron."

"Never heard of him."

"Like I said, he was a minor poet."

Boardwalk Empire, Chalky White played by Michael Kenneth Williams.

Series was ok but Nucky Enoch Thompson ? The character he is based on was called Johnson not Thompson

I don't know why they changed the name of Johnson to Thompson. Several of the characters though are based on real life people, and many are not. There was also no Jimmy Darmody, Richard Harrow or Margaret Schroeder, but there are often real life people who inspire them. Jimmy was based on Jimmy Boyd. The D'Alessio brothers were based on the Lanzetta brothers.

Many real people though. Lucky Luciano is one of the all time big names in the mafia. Arnold Rothstein, Johnny Torrio, Al Capone, Senator Edge, Warren Harding, Eddie Cantor, et al, were all real life people.

The first season was more than ok IMO. It was great!!! Steve Buscemi is as talented as any actor working today. Happy to see a 2nd season is coming soon.

• 1 month later...

I was talking to Frank Sinatra he told me Joe Louis was 137 years old .

I walked round the corner and bumped into the Reverent Martin Luther the King he said whoops man I thought you was someone else .

Ah man you lying you never did meet no Reverent Martin Luther the King .

One of the funniest movies of all time :clapping:

Indeed it is Jimslim,I recall we were memorising some of the lines of that movie one afternoon in soiVC after spotting a guy who had the soulglow hairdo. :lolu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWvDao-MpOk

One of the all time great comedies. As much as you two fellas like it, I'm sure you know Eddie Murphy played one of the barbers and the old Jewish man, and Arsenio played one of the other barbers. They had a couple of other roles in the movie besides their main characters.

One of the all time great comedies. As much as you two fellas like it, I'm sure you know Eddie Murphy played one of the barbers and the old Jewish man, and Arsenio played one of the other barbers. They had a couple of other roles in the movie besides their main characters.

Didn't Eddie Murphy also play several characters in the Professor Klump movies?

He's not to everyones liking, but I do admit to enjoying several of his films. From Beverly Hills Cop 2

"how long does it take you to shave those legs"?

-"are you attempting to be charming"

"no, i'm offering my services"

"are you driving with your eyes open, or are you, like, using the force"

Didn't Eddie Murphy also play several characters in the Professor Klump movies?

He's not to everyones liking, but I do admit to enjoying several of his films. From Beverly Hills Cop 2

"how long does it take you to shave those legs"?

-"are you attempting to be charming"

"no, i'm offering my services"

"are you driving with your eyes open, or are you, like, using the force"

Yes, in The Nutty Professor he played Prof Sherman Klump / Buddy Love / Lance Perkins / Papa Klump / Mama Klump / Grandma Klump / Ernie Klump.

In Coming to America, he only played 4 characters, Prince Akeem / Clarence the barber/ Randy Watson / Saul the old Jewish man in the barber shop

I love Eddie. I think he is talented as hell and one of the funniest mofos to ever appear on the silver screen. He was also hilarious on SNL years ago with his Mr Robinson's Neighborhood skits.

I rank Eddie as a contemporary comic actor at the top with Adam Sandler, Mike Myers, Dave Chappelle and the late Chris Farley as guys who always make me laugh.