Favourite Christmas Songs.

bumblebee

Whatever your feelings are on the upcoming festive season I am sure most of us have a favourite song from this time of year. While there are many I enjoy hearing on the radio in the weeks coming up to Xmas day, this song by Greg Lake has been one I particularly enjoy.

It reminds me of the innocent enthrallment of Xmas as a child. The excitement of the big day and how over the years we begin to see it for what it really is, a big commercial spend fest and with it the loss of that childhood innocence.

Agreed Paccers! Happy Christmas! :drinks:

Merry Xmas to you my friend... :party0005:

The elves are already hard at work reformating Youtube clips. :biggrin:

Thank you. :happy0065:

I thought "WTF have I done now?" And then by magic they fixed themselves... :shok: Now you have to spoil it all by telling me you did it... :sad0116:

It's all good PD, I am glad you have my back. Cheers.

Alas, as usual it will be the longest 10 days of your life. I've been there and done that numerous times. It's a nail bitter. Stay focused and numb them 10 days away. Soon you'll be checking in, boarding, and being swept off to NeverNeverLand. As such you are blessed compared to the 99% of the rest of those voting in the same jurisdiction as you. Count your blessings and give something substantial back.

Have a terrific time of it.

The other song I really like is Chris Rea's Driving Home for Xmas. He died before he received the acclaim he was due. IMO.

When did Chris Rea die Paccers?

These little facts often seem to slip through to the keeper, but disturbingly Wikpedia seem to be unaware of this sad news!

your source?

I remember being on the 'Suasage roll' (Dole to you normal folk) years ago when Chris Rea's 'Driving home for Christmas' came out... Anyway, I was in a que for special issue Xmas subsistance payouts & I started singing, "Banging on for Christmas" ('signing on' to normal folk), to the tune of 'Driving home for Christmas'... And before I knew where I was, there was a chorus coming litterally from the rest of the que who were joining in with me... Pure harmony, it was hillarious, even the staff were pissing themselves... Really quite lovely!

Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses

• Upvote 2

When did Chris Rea die Paccers?

These little facts often seem to slip through to the keeper, but disturbingly Wikpedia seem to be unaware of this sad news!

your source?

My brilliant imagination... :biggrin:

I do apologise to Chris if he happens to be reading. I was positive I heard it announced he died a few years back but I looked him up to find he's 61. That might make him dead musically but it is better than the alternative.

I hope I didn't upset you Patrick, you know me, never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Alas, as usual it will be the longest 10 days of your life. I've been there and done that numerous times. It's a nail bitter. Stay focused and numb them 10 days away. Soon you'll be checking in, boarding, and being swept off to NeverNeverLand. As such you are blessed compared to the 99% of the rest of those voting in the same jurisdiction as you. Count your blessings and give something substantial back.

Have a terrific time of it.

Have a great Xmas in Los PadThaiBoy and maybe I'll bump into you around the sois. :drinks:

Cheers lads........The countdown to what has now come down to a bit of a tradition for me....However the down side is the number of tourists around and the girls trying to push up prices....supply v demand...Empty's out quiet quick around Jan 5 though.

Phuket 23-1 Patts 1-15....Hope to meet you at last BB

Cheers lads........The countdown to what has now come down to a bit of a tradition for me....However the down side is the number of tourists around and the girls trying to push up prices....supply v demand...Empty's out quiet quick around Jan 5 though.

Phuket 23-1 Patts 1-15....Hope to meet you at last BB

Same here PTB, see you in a few weeks. :drinks: