Vietnam LBs

KenW

Here's a pic of a VNese ice bucket (yellow). Ha!

So much for my developing skills Bb!

It's supposed to be Ms Mee at her work station:

post-244-0-56969900-1340252243_thumb.jpg

This is the ground floor of the new premises of my local shellfish eatery. Ms Mee in centre rear has her back to camera, about to go fishing for cold beer, or re-stacking the big beer cooler, or somesuch. Done out in black (silver buttons all down her back...).

Don't you like the way she gets up for work? She always wears this kind of outfit: a T shirt or short sleeved blouse, sexy short shorts, bare legs and zep (thongs, or flip-flops for you Poms).

As you might have noticed in my recent posts with pix of her, she is also wearing her hair deliciously short nowadays.

The other girl to the left, bending over, is a GG. Very pretty.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm quite interested in the development of LBs, and I'll use the yellow ice bucket again as a foreground motif in a little while.

Over the years I asked a small sample of LBs from VN, Cambodia & Pattaya at what age they knew they were LBs, began to make changes to their dress, appearance, etc. I was surprised at the answers. Admiittedly, I emphasise again, a sample of small size, probably less than 10 in all. But all the answers, without exception, nominated an age between 14 and 16 years.

Why was I surprised? Because naively I would have expected a much earlier awareness than this, a much earlier desire to transition, perhaps a history of wearing mummy's clothes or shoes, putting lippy on, and other things from say 8, 9 or 10 years of age.

I'd appreciate, by the way, any further data FMs may have. After all, many of you have been around the scene for a long while, known far more LBs than I do or have, and have even been in relationships where you might have good access to such private revelations.

Now, back to the yellow ice bucket at my local shellfish eatery Oc Quy.

In addition to Ms Mee, there is a femboy who works there; I may have mentioned him before. His name is Tien and I have known him now for about a year, flirting with him initially at another bar he used to wait at, before he moved to the eatery in question here. He is 20 or 21 years old, I forget now which.

Since I first met him he has presented as your typical femboy: hair long to his shoulders, the campy sashaying walk, the even campier flick of the limp wrist, the coy smiles. But got up in straight male gear: men's long sleeve shirt sleeves rolled, jeans or other long struds, socks and laceup leather shoes. Basically no change in that mode of presentation for about 11 months.

Here he is in a pic I took about a month ago behind my favourite yellow ice bucket:

post-244-0-06024900-1341715438_thumb.jpg

That's him over the back against the wall, looking out across the restaurant. Green long sleeve shirt etc. Sorry for the poor pic, but there you go.

Then suddenly a transition was set in place.

• Upvote 1

The next time I went to the restaurant he came and sat with me briefly before the big lemming rush of customers came flooding in ahead of the tropical storm.

Same hair, same rolled sleeve shirt, same jeans. But he was an odd mixture of pride & embarrassment as he showed me his bright red painted fingernails, with those nifty little flowers on them, the designs that are the fashion nowadays. In fact the nails were so big and outrageous they may well have been false nails, rather than his own. Most likely, but I didn't ask. I didn't want to say anything that might discourage him.

I didn't have my camera with me. Bumblebee's eternal sin. Yep, left it at home, so no pic of the nails.

But he had made a significant change to his self presentation.

Then Friday evening when I turned up at the joint for my nosh and Heinekens, there he was, over at the cashier's desk, being made up.

post-244-0-09913500-1341716779_thumb.jpg

and again, where in this pic you can see she's quite good looking (note I'm now calling her she, and that's without asking, but feeling that she is now ready to see herself, and have the world see her, as a girl):

post-244-0-93121500-1341717129_thumb.jpg

Gone was the boy gear. She was done up in a neat red & white girl's top, short shorts, and platform heeled girl's strap shoes. Bad pic, as she was so shy she wouldn't stand still for me:

post-244-0-86286200-1341717234_thumb.jpg

But the story is the transition. Now complete. And unlike my data or my gut feelings, quite a late development, at age 20 or 21. Fascinating. Best of luck to her.

• Upvote 2

Then Friday evening when I turned up at the joint for my nosh and Heinekens, there he was, over at the cashier's desk, being made up.

post-244-0-09913500-1341716779_thumb.jpg

and again, where in this pic you can see she's quite good looking (note I'm now calling her she, and that's without asking, but feeling that she is now ready to see herself, and have the world see her, as a girl):

post-244-0-93121500-1341717129_thumb.jpg

Gone was the boy gear. She was done up in a neat red & white girl's top, short shorts, and platform heeled girl's strap shoes. Bad pic, as she was so shy she wouldn't stand still for me:

post-244-0-86286200-1341717234_thumb.jpg

But the story is the transition. Now complete. And unlike my data or my gut feelings, quite a late development, at age 20 or 21. Fascinating. Best of luck to her.

Thanks for the insights into Vietnam and its ladyboys.

• 1 month later...

Some disappointing news on the transitioning (MS?) Tien.

I was at the eatery 2 eves ago and surprised at what I saw. Back in boy's gear, jeans shoes, shirt, no makeup. Her face looked alarmingly odd, till I realised she had her eyebrows shaved, but where they had been pencilled during the transition, now were naked. A stark waxy look to the face.

In straight company I could gain no further information. (These kids know when I'm in such company to keep their distance; they're good like that.)

So I cannot wait to find out what's going on. It will be sad if she's lost confidence to go full way.

Oh well...each to their own to find the colour, sparkle, and path to the land of OZ.

I'd never thought about it before, but I presume the yellow brick road had some pitfalls and speed bumps that take a bit of personality negotiating and careful steering. Most especially so if one decides late to transition, at say age 20 or more.

Yet again it is quite likely that we underestimate the depth of some of our desires and loves. Too quick to see them as mere bargirls on the make, it is possible many have had tough lives of indecision, complex mood swings, depression, the entire gamut.

I hope it comes through for this little one. I want to get to her and have a conversation, try to give her some confidence. Impossible at moment as I am caught up in serious straight situation for a while.

• 1 month later...

I want to get to her and have a conversation, try to give her some confidence. Impossible at moment as I am caught up in serious straight situation for a while.

I was back at the shellfish eatery last evening, but again in this situation with a bunch of people who held me in a straightjacket of sorts (pun intended).

But I can report sadly that Ms Tien has held on to her return to boy's gear (Mr Tien again), after that very short foray into ladyboyland. I got to make eye contact and blow a couple of kisses, but conversation on hold. Stay tuned.

• 4 weeks later...

jay102079 recently posted in the KL - Malaysia thread, mentioning meeting a VN LB there. Interesting.

For many years the biggest destination for VNese sex workers was Cambodia - as most of you know. Whether any LBs went there too, or made it - as some I knew wanted to do - to Thailand, I do not know.

Recent research shows that Western movement out of VN has dropped right off. Most of the poor rural girls from the Mekong Delta who made up that diaspora in Cambodia are now being married off to aged Taiwanese. There is a huge industry in Saigon now made up of brokers who run wife-finder services for Chinese speaking clients.

While VN's target destinations for prostitutes more generally have also changed dramatically to Singapore and Malaysia. Brighter lights, more money, and the ease of ASEAN movement, have all contributed to this. So drawing that together with jay's comment, suggests that some VNese LBs are part of the new migration as well.

Nice to be back in the land of the living after months of being straight jacketed (pun fully intended).

Ended up at shellfish eatery which led to a wee hours rounds of the bedroom with Ms Mee. Now feeling hungover and weary, but warm and well.

Just in case you've forgotten Ms Mee:

post-244-0-45166200-1350614378_thumb.jpg

For many years the biggest destination for VNese sex workers was Cambodia... Whether any LBs went there too, or made it...to Thailand, I do not know.

Well I certainly don't know if any VN LBs ever made it to Thailand or any GGs for that matter, but one day, many many days ago, I was sitting in the afternoon with a friend on the rail at Lucky Luke's...We were just drinking and chatting and enjoying and the vendors were wandering and pestering...

A young lad of about 10-12 or so came up to us selling some sort of shit that of course we didn't want...Now my friend who speaks and reads Thai very well started asking this young man questions in Thai...The kid didn't answer he just stared back at my friend...So my friend commenced again to speak to him in Thai...and he got the same response...So now my friend, a bit perturbed that this kid wasn't answering him and thinking perhaps that his (my friend's) Thai was not understandable, asked him in English, "Where are you from?" There was a brief bit of silence and the kid answered, "Viet Nam."

Seems he spoke very good English but zero Thai so we chatted with him for a bit...

Seems he was in Bangkok all on his own to make a few baht...Had been in town all on his own only a short time...How he got there all on his own we never did find out although we did ask...So we sent him off all on his own with a nice tip and our good wishes...Strange but I never ever saw him again...

There are eight million stories in the Naked Mango; this has been one of them

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

During my 5 weeks stay in Australia I saw but one LB. At a street crossing of all places. I was in company so could do nothing about it. On the opposite footpath I thought to myself: is it, I wonder...

Sure enough, when the light went green and the noise maker went durr e durr e durr and we all began to walk, I made sure I was on her side of the crossing. Adams apple givaway a standout. She was as tall as me, in jeans and a top, with some GGs. She was so dark, perhaps Cambodian, maybe Burmese; I will never know.

I was in an area of Melbourne they call multicultural, dominated by Chinese (Cantonese speakers mainly), Vietnamese, Cambodians, Indians, Africans and burka wearing cultures (Balkans?). Fascinating place modern Australia. I was taken to a VNese pagoda. A Cambodian one is being constructed next door. Eateries are interesting by definition. The local library has book and magazine sections in all the above cultures and languages, and more. The banks and other such institutions all employ speakers from such cultures. The house/flat for sale/rent signs all gave contact details for real estate agents, not one of whom bore a Caucasian name.

So vastly different from the bleak Anglo suburbs I grew up in, where white bread sandwiches were school lunch, and evenings offered meat and 3 boiled veg.

Then last evening, second night back in country, I get dragged out to a new venue by a VNese drinking mate of mine. GG waitstaff, with one extremely attractive femboy who, fortunately, was assigned to tables 5 metres away from ours. I say fortunately, for my mate is 100% straight, and things might have got embarrassing had my tongue wagged if the waitboy came closer.

• Upvote 3

Then last evening, second night back in country, I get dragged out to a new venue by a VNese drinking mate of mine. GG waitstaff, with one extremely attractive femboy who, fortunately, was assigned to tables 5 metres away from ours. I say fortunately, for my mate is 100% straight, and things might have got embarrassing had my tongue wagged if the waitboy came closer.

Having witnesses said tongue wagging over the waiter in an Indian restaurant in Phnom Penh i can confirm it would have been quite obvious. :rolleye0012: 

During my 5 weeks stay in Australia I saw but one LB. At a street crossing of all places.

Good to see you made it to good old Melbourne.

Finding lbs in here is needle in a haystack indeed,

But at the right place and time such as yesterday... they can be found (3 & 7) :hi:

Btw... no. 3 won the contest... :drinks:

post-123-0-50564900-1363574895_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

I saw there was a festival coming up. Needless to say azza, none of the adverts I saw mentioned anything about LBs.

Last show of the festival is Melbourne Thai Tiffany - in the Singha beer garden. Always a bit of fun. :drinks:

Last 2 years i've run it Emmie who used to be a regular in show and i keep trying to get her back performing... maybe next time :clapping: