Hillary - 2016

SiamSam

Hillary is resigning her position in the current Obama administration to spend the next 4 years prepping her candidacy for the Democratic ticket for Presidency in 2016.

I guess this does not surprise me, but man oh man, what a needy dame to prove whatever she needs to prove. If you think about it, she has spent a considerable part of her life orchestrating events (for Bill and/or herself) to attain this recognition.

Will we have the first female US president in 2016?

Right now the money is on Condeleeza Rice or Chris Christy, both very able, articulate & competent.... unlike the last group of sad sacks. No real Tea Baggers here, but in 4 years a lot can happen.

My prediction, & I'm always wrong when I do this 4 years out, Clinton vs Christy.

I'm with you Snick, why not a Scientology / Johova's Witness or Chistian Scientist ticket in 2016? They could run on not only rescinding the Affordable Care Act, they could run on the idea of removing public funding from childhood inoculations, removing nurses from public schools, yada yada yada.

I still think Christy would have a shot if his fat ass hasn't collapsed from a massive cardiac before that. He or Condie or Colin Powell would all make fantastic candidates that I'd have to consider, even as the massive lefty that I am.

I don't think Hillary will have the steam to be able to make a serious run in 2016. Recent pics of her show a bloated, weary-looking woman who's closer to retirement than taking on another major campaign. Just last month she was asked about this in an interview and replied

"No, I'm not," she said.

"Why not?" Waldman asked. "Everybody wants you to."

"I have been on this high wire of national and international politics and leadership for 20 years," Clinton said. "It has been an absolutely extraordinary personal honor and experience. But I really want to just have my own time back. I want to just be my own person. I'm looking forward to that."

Ultimately, the Dem's will probably put Ol' Sparky Joe Biden into the ring against an unknown Republican candidate that's not even a blip on the national landscape right now. A Republican Governor or Representative most likely.

Hillary is gonna RUN for it, mark my words. There is no way in hell she ain't. The machine is already in motion. It has 4 years to build and it WILL build.

Condeleeza Rice is a wonderful strong contender and I would support her even as a Republican. However I do not think the US is bold and/or enlightened enough to elect a FEMALE President yet alone a BLACK FEMALE President. No offence intended obviously.

I still think Christy would have a shot if his fat ass hasn't collapsed from a massive cardiac before that.

I would be amazed if he was selected as the GOP candidate. Or if he is still healthy enough in four years time. He looks like a heart attack looking for somewhere to happen.

He or Condie or Colin Powell would all make fantastic candidates that I'd have to consider, even as the massive lefty that I am.

I thought Condie could beat Barack. In terms of who's more PC, she is the GOP trump card - not only black but female too. And a carpet muncher as well - take that you trendoid, pot smoking, hippie left wingers. And she is smart. Speaks fluent Russian among other credentials.

I don't think Hillary will have the steam to be able to make a serious run in 2016. Recent pics of her show a bloated, weary-looking woman who's closer to retirement than taking on another major campaign.

She looks terrible. More than a little pompui & in 4 years time, she'll be 68. Too old IMO. Anyway, the US will be at war by then & the voters will be looking for a leader of men. An ex-military guy would be more like it. General Petraeus perhaps? If he recovers from his latest scandal that is. Colin Powell is a fine fellow but he will be too old by then too. Plus he doesn't appear to have the ambition.

Ultimately, the Dem's will probably put Ol' Sparky Joe Biden into the ring against an unknown Republican candidate that's not even a blip on the national landscape right now. A Republican Governor or Representative most likely.

Joe Biden? I would like a wager against him. I think many better contenders would have to die before he got a shot. But that's only my opinion & I don't get to vote on it.

Apologies to Archie if he feels this discussion is off limits. I never get bored with informed debate on things that matter. And the wheels of the democratic process don't stop turning between elections. Things can change very quickly & suddenly, these musings become very relevant.

Right now the money is on Condeleeza Rice or Chris Christy, both very able, articulate & competent.... unlike the last group of sad sacks. No real Tea Baggers here, but in 4 years a lot can happen.

My prediction, & I'm always wrong when I do this 4 years out, Clinton vs Christy.

Christie seems like a moderate Rep to me, and one who does not possess the bizarre religious beliefs of the wing nuts like Bachmann, Perry, and Santorum. This makes him more desirable to Independents. He'd be more electable in a general election if he could get there, But, it seems like the Evangelical Christian wing of the GOP wants one of their own on the ticket. I've read even Romney due to his Mormonism, did not suit many of them, and they stayed home from voting in droves. The overall combined popular vote seems to be less, just off the top of my head, than the last 2 presidential elections which indicates some segments of the voting public could not bring themselves to support either candidate and that being at least partially the Evangelicals makes sense to me. .

The last time the US elected an obese president was William Howard Taft over 100 yrs ago, and that may work against Christie.

The GOP needs to acknowledge the changing demographics of the US if they ever want to stand a chance of winning a general election again soon. Some people think Marco Rubio of Fla may get some backing to be their next candidate.

I would be amazed if he was selected as the GOP candidate. Or if he is still healthy enough in four years time. He looks like a heart attack looking for somewhere to happen.

I thought Condie could beat Barack. In terms of who's more PC, she is the GOP trump card - not only black but female too. And a carpet muncher as well - take that you trendoid, pot smoking, hippie left wingers. And she is smart. Speaks fluent Russian among other credentials.

She looks terrible. More than a little pompui & in 4 years time, she'll be 68. Too old IMO. Anyway, the US will be at war by then & the voters will be looking for a leader of men. An ex-military guy would be more like it. General Petraeus perhaps? If he recovers from his latest scandal that is. Colin Powell is a fine fellow but he will be too old by then too. Plus he doesn't appear to have the ambition.

Joe Biden? I would like a wager against him. I think many better contenders would have to die before he got a shot. But that's only my opinion & I don't get to vote on it.

Apologies to Archie if he feels this discussion is off limits. I never get bored with informed debate on things that matter. And the wheels of the democratic process don't stop turning between elections. Things can change very quickly & suddenly, these musings become very relevant.

I was worried that Romney was going to choose Rice as his VP, and that would have made them a tougher ticket,. She may not have wanted the job though. When I saw he chose a wackadoo like Ryan, I breathed a sigh of relief

I was worried that Romney was going to choose Rice as his VP, and that would have made them a tougher ticket,. She may not have wanted the job though. When I saw he chose a wackadoo like Ryan, I breathed a sigh of relief

Saturday Night Live did a fantastic skit this weekend of the Romney family at home on election night after announcing their concession. Mitt is standing on the bedroom balcony by himself, swigging milk he keeps hidden from the other family members, who one by one come onto the balcony and urge him to come down and join the party that is taking place downstairs. My favorite line is one of his sons (all 4 sons were played by the same cast member in exactly the same clothes - Mitt can never keep them straight) - one of his sons comes onto the balcony and says "Father, you must come down and join us. Paul Ryan is performing feats of strength in the drawing room! It's so exciting Father!"

Hilarious.

so, we've got ryan, palin, bachman, santorum, christy, bush, rubio, lassie, rice, cruise, travolta, or powell vs. clinton or biden....?

i'm going with

none of the above.

maybe a gay latina female navy SEAL to be named later (from florida or ohio, of course) versus the mayor/governor of whichever city/state legalizes and taxes pot (but not prostitution), balances its budget, reduces unemployment to 6.2% and grants immunity to all illegal aliens who can find europe on a map

:character00218: .

She looks terrible. More than a little pompui & in 4 years time, she'll be 68. Too old IMO.

Since I posted these disparaging remarks, I have had a change of heart. I saw Hillary on TV this morning bouncing down the stairs of her jet grinning from ear to ear & looking very relaxed & happy. Yet she says she wants out of the State Department because she is tired. Not from what I saw.

She's planning her campaign. And even though it is too early to predict what world events will shape the next election, I think she has more than a passing chance. A very big chance in fact. I wonder what odds are on offer? Anything reasonable has got to be worth a punt.

PS I should go & ask her plans. She's only 5 kilometres away from where I am sitting.

No matter which side someone is on, it would be difficult to find someone who is MORE qualified than Hillary in 2016.

Has lived in the white house for 8 years.....was a US senator....has met every important world leader over the past 4 years......has the ear of an ex US president; well-versed in both foreign and domestic policy, law degree from Yale, knows all the players inside the beltway, etc.....

yes, 68 will be a bit old and she does kinda look like crap these days, she has had a rough 4 years and has racked up more frequent flier miles than anyone ever.....but no one, literally no one, is more qualified than her for the job. She has my vote already, and in fact I was a Hillary supporter in 2008 before the young upstart from Illinois overtook her.

And what could make us moderates more happy than seeing morons like Beck and those nitwits at Fox comedy channel and THIS guy's head explode?

post-107-0-41534100-1353251348_thumb.jpg

are you running ?

my hands are full right now accomplishing step one as mayor of manila, but once i get the ladyboys off the street here--and into the high-paying jobs they all so rightly deserve packing legal weed into zip-lock maps of europe for export to mexico, i'll be all over hooking up with hillary (presuming she can prove to me she's gay and a former navy SEAL).

hell's bells, boys, i think we could get some really good shit done together down in d.c.

including the cranial implosion of limbaughbeckistan.

word.

:character00218: