Darkside Bar, Soi 33, BKK

farangbah

• 2 weeks later...

Just been reading Darkside has closed it's doors for the time being while they try and re-neg their rent agreement with the landlord.

The Darkside staff will be operating from Paradise and Chaos 9 Bar (formerly Guess) in the interim.

There have been rumors reported on another forum that Paradise Bar will be converted into a Mexican restaurant since one of the partners left. So perhaps it will only by Chaos 9 bar that the Darkside staff will be temporarily working from.

• Upvote 1

There have been rumors reported on another forum that Paradise Bar will be converted into a Mexican restaurant since one of the partners left. So perhaps it will only by Chaos 9 bar that the Darkside staff will be temporarily working from.

Mexican restaurant in Thailand, probably not a good idea

Paradise will still be around in the short term while that deal is still being finalised, but going forward that's a couple of BKK bars gone in a short space of time. Three if you add Sweetheart Bar into the mix as well.

Darkside (if the lease can't be renewed), Paradise and Sweetheart Bar (I was not aware that it is an lb bar). It's not a surprise though - a number of gg bars in Nana Plaza have changed hands, or closed over the past few years.

Decreasing tourism, means less customers, and slower economies mean customers that do come to LOS don't spend as much.

Mexican restaurant in Thailand, probably not a good idea

Beg to differ young man.........

A couple in Pattaya that are not to bad...One on a little soi on the way to Jomtien...Cute little place with decent food and lots of atmosphere.........There is another pretty decent one on Soi 7 near Beach Road whose name I can't recall either.....And then the Blue Parrot down the way from Obsessions near Beach Road........

In BKK I suspect there are many but the only one I have ever visited is Sunrise Tacos on Sukhumvit across from Robinsons....They have/had a deli on one side and a sit-down on the other...........

All pretty decent places...

At any rate you gotta love the sign..............

post-80-0-76849200-1437520195_thumb.jpg

.....And then the Blue Parrot down the way from Obsessions near Beach Road........

At any rate you gotta love the sign..............

Unless it's reopened this year, the Blue Parrot fell off the perch ages ago and with it bringing to the end a 20+ year culinary institution in Pattaya.

I used to so enjoy early evening dinner there while sipping a margarita and watching the GoGo girls opposite applying their war paint.

Im sure Paradise will close .its pretty dead last week... most of the bars are suffering it seems...at least Cascades has started to employ more LBs after reducing it down to a hand full at Easter but even so its not busy and i hate being the lone  dude in these places.

Im sure the paradise LBs are ok but not my style.. i dont like the big silicone crowd

• Upvote 1

All the Nana Plaza lb bars are still open - True Obsessions, Charades (aka Cascade), Temptations, Casanova, and someone recently reported DC10 now has lbs.

Chaos9 (former Guess Bar) in the Rajah Hotel Complex, Check In Bar - on Sukhumvit Soi 7.

Cockatoo Bar in Soi Cowboy

Kings Castle 3 in Patpong

Total lbs on staff approx. 400 lbs - should be enough for you stoolpusher.

• Upvote 2

Check in Bar is also open and worth a look...also some nice streetwalkers around if your lucky on Soi4

and of course if you look a bit harder there are some other sweeties to be found..just click on the image..nice eh .another notch on the bedpost

post-405-0-58067900-1437602243_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Darkside (if the lease can't be renewed), Paradise and Sweetheart Bar (I was not aware that it is an lb bar). It's not a surprise though - a number of gg bars in Nana Plaza have changed hands, or closed over the past few years.

Decreasing tourism, means less customers, and slower economies mean customers that do come to LOS don't spend as much.

Unfortunately pretty much rational reasons.

Another Point is the fact flights are not empty but full of different tourists, more groups, more families.

Thee do not hit the streets, the bars, the restaurants of the night scene. At their very best they go in Silom, just like the do the window tour in Amsterdam RDL: worth nothing for the business. Or just for a few rip off bars, selling at prices not much different from what they pay home, not aware it is more than the double of the local (still tourist) levels. But they feel they breath the "hangover" atmosphere and BKK night life.

Those groups fill the usual temples, the malls (that they have at home too). They do not feed the economy of "our scene"

• Upvote 1

I was in Pattaya the last few weeks and the place is over run with Chinese tourist they go everywhere as a group the tour leader carries a flag on a pole they follow the flag. when I say over run I mean they are everywhere. Ive never had any problem with them but a lot of Thai people say the are rude. There are not as many Russians as there use to be. Tonight I was sitting in front of Temptations and several large groups of Chinese men with there wife or girlfriend walked by. One small group of about ten, all men came walking by and I could tell several wanted to go into Temptations but because they were with other guys they would never admit they wanted to go in. Anyway they don't spend any money in the bar areas so they are not doing the bars any good. OH OH Oh I bar found Sash Sash (spelling?) from cascades tonight and she was great and Cindy a few weeks ago and as always she was great

• Upvote 1