reasons to be cheerful-part 3

Willie, thanks for the Gary Jules rework of Mad World. Here's another that might capture your fancy - this album has steadily grown in my list of classic albums and is due for reappraisal by any 80's/90's fan that thought of them just as another "top 40" hits band.

The album has just been reissued on vinyl with a high quality DVD-A mix thrown in as a bonus.

And I couldn't resist one more Roland Orzabel tune. Most folks dismiss Tears For Fears as pop fluff, but their songs were actually incredibly well-produced and extremely dynamic and dramatic. It's almost "prog" which of course is my real musical love.

After the big hits culminated in the "Sowing the Seeds of Love" album, Roland soldiered on as Tears For Fears for a couple of fantastic albums which were - for all intents and purposes - solo albums: Elemental, and Raoul and the Kings of Spain.

Roland did one great solo album ("Tomcats Screaming Outside") then reformed Tears For Fears with his original partner for a bit of a "damp squib" last effort called "Everyone Loves A Happy Ending".

Haven't heard anything from him since. Would love to hear what he's been working on these past 8 years.

@katana...that genesis song wouldn't load for me

Willie, I'm betting you are viewing on your iPad? I read the thread on my Mac and the link was fine, but now viewing on my iPad I cannot see the video either as it has java or flash content that is not enabled on the iPad yet.

Oh, you're after my heart now Lung!

This is turning into a regular lovefest, isn't it!... I just hope it don't get sexual..

And isn't it funny how the three blokes who like to advertise that they stuff 'girls' are now declaring undying looooooove for one another!?... It's turning into a fuckin' gay website!

@Willy, Here's two more for you mate & one for me, first up, 'Camarllo Brillo' with 'Muffin Man' tagged on the end, Camarllo Brillo's probably my favorite Zappa track!... "We did it till we were unconsio & it was useless anymore... But she was breeding a dwarf, so she wasn't done yet ".

And here's Beefheart again with Abba Zabba... Enigmatic to say the least!

You're not going to believe this Willy, but I was actually going to post 'Germ free Adolesence'. Anyway, here's another punk track that always makes me smile, here's 'I don't want a Holiday in the Sun' by 'The Pistols'. Kind of reminds me of Pattaya, "Cheap holidays in other peoples misseries"!

@Wildrover, I absolutely love the Waterboys tracks, but unfortunately my favorite number is 'Old England is Dying', which isn't exactly appropriate fare for this thread, damm shame.

@Jim, Superb tracks as usual mate!

This is turning into a regular lovefest, isn't it!... I just hope it don't get sexual..

And isn't it funny how the three blokes who like to advertise that they stuff 'girls' are now declaring undying looooooove for one another!?... It's turning into a fuckin' gay website!

@Willy, Here's two more for you mate & one for me, first up, 'Camarllo Brillo' with 'Muffin Man' tagged on the end, Camarllo Brillo's probably my favorite Zappa track!... "We did it till we were unconsio & it was useless anymore... But she was breeding a dwarf, so she wasn't done yet ".

And here's Beefheart again with Abba Zabba...

You're not going to believe this Willy, but I was actually going to post 'Germ free Adolesence'. Anyway, here's another punk track that always makes me smile, here's 'I don't want a Holiday in the Sun' by 'The Pistols'. Kind of reminds me of Pattaya, "Cheap holidays in other peoples misseries"!

@Wildrover, I absolutely love the Waterboys tracks, but unfortunately my favorite number is 'Old England is Dying', which isn't exactly appropriate fare for this thread, damm shame.

@Jim, Superb tracks as usual mate!

Thanx guys.....I can actually prove I'm not gay Lung(see interesting sexual; facts thread)...Im actually a hetero with a queer twist at the end....Its actually platonic love i'm declaring....musical love ,if you like....(I can't speak for DT-maybe he's gay)

I didnt post any of Frank's weirder stuff ....talking of Muffin Man by FZ Lung-this next track is my absolute favourite Zappa track..(I want it played at my funeral)-played by a Zappa tribute band from LIVERPOOL(!) who I go to see every time they play Mcr/Liverpool/Stockport anywhere local in fact.They dont make any real money,they do it out of zappalove......THE MUFFIN MEN -cosmic debris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCy4HDF6ljk&feature=player_detailpage

Also,anything by the pistols gets me going.

@katana-yep,working now thx-great video

@flatpack-real feelgood music,puts you in the mood for anything.

@slimjim....you sure know youre stuff...i'm still bowled over by you posting the durutti column on the soul thread...ive never met anyone who's even heard of them before....

@wildrover.....love the waterboys,but never heard that one before....ive posted whole of the moon

@DT-no i-pad mate,dunno whay happened,its fine now.btw-Where are you on the gayness scale...any idea?-5555

Next up is Steven Wilson's prog/dance/pop project with his bestest buddy from high school (Tim Bowness) handling lyrics and vocals.

The band is called No-Man. This is from their masterwork, "Flowermouth" which features amazing corrosive guitar solos from guest Robert Fripp on nearly 1/2 of the tracks, including this one.

This is "Angel Gets Caught In the Beauty Trap".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89tWvzYtBD0

What cheers me up are the girl groups of the 60's, you get a guy like Phil Spector or Berry Gordy, recruit some pretty girls who can sing and dance, and have them sing catchy pop tunes.

So it's natural for me to like Asian Girl Pop. Same formula but with the production technology of the new millenium. I'm not saying this is great music but it cheers me up which is what this thread is about!

Btw, Malt, femboy dancer extraordinaire, has all these moves down and more! Even bends a straw, hooks behind ear to make it look like a mike.

• Upvote 1

Here's a couple for you Pdogg.

First up - not a great song but I nearly went blind watching them dance in their sexy outfits. I find dancing to be incredibly sexy, so I guess that answers Willie's question about whether I'm gay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOyC9yXB30o

This second one I discovered while wandering around Pantip Plaza last trip. They're from Korea and called Girls Generation. The songs are shit, they don't really commit to the dance moves, but I could still sit and watch them until I had enough drool in my lap to drown a puppy. I keep fantasizing what I could do with these girls if I had a a songwriter of Steven Wilson's caliber, enforced dance lessons, and a choreographer with a truly domineering bent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miV0D12FM3E

Guest Stroker

Wow, you gotta introduce me to Malt next trip. I'd love to see that.

I find dancing to be incredibly sexy, so I guess that answers Willie's question about whether I'm gay.

It gets complicated with Malt. No pic can do him justice, you have to see him dance to appreciate his feminine qualities. Lots of guys who wouldn't touch a boy with a ten foot dick are mesmerized by him.

It gets complicated with Malt. No pic can do him justice, you have to see him dance to appreciate his feminine qualities. Lots of guys who wouldn't touch a boy with a ten foot dick are mesmerized by him.

How about Dukie, BigTel, Ciobha (for sure) they would try I guarantee, ahh sorry I am reading it wrong. :20:

Thanx guys-jeez ,its a whole genre of its own I think...korean girly bands.......Its probably best I can't tell a word theyre saying,very pleasent nonetheless.......Like pig dogg,I was brought up on tamla motown.....the ronettes,martha and the vandellas,the supremes.....never found them sexy like the little korean dolls,but they had great songs....

@DT-I had to google steven wilson-read his wiki page....can't believe I didnt know of him......I rather liked the porcupine tree,and the storm corrosion tracks especially(great vid also).......music-education without graduation.