reasons to be cheerful-part 3

Great stuff Lung, but you lost me there - when who was murdered? It sounds in context like you're speaking of Billy Preston. But Billy Preston died of kidney failure and wasn't murdered.

What am I missing?

My bad DT... I was on about George Harrison & I should have been a lot more specific.

In late 1999 George Harrison suffered a knife attack puncturing one of his lungs and causing serious head injuries in his own home, by a bloke who believed that he was possessed by him. Unfortunately he was never again seen at the music pub that I mentioned (‘The Frog & Bucket’, Ide Hill) or anywhere else in public, for that matter.

He had already developed throat cancer & it was cited as the cause of death in 2001, but amongst the regular crowd at ‘The Frog’ & generally around those parts, we always said that it was the knife attack that killed him.

Anyway, I've edited the above post for the sake of continuity

• 2 weeks later...

just for uncle lung and slim jim...they gotta love this.....anyway I do......

Thanks for that Willy, Yeah E's are good!

Here's one that you'll hopefully appreciate... Duck's Delux doin' Coast to Coast, circa 74/75... So many bands are professed to be the Grand Daddy's of Punk, but this lot really were! Hailing from London's Pub Rock scene in the mid 70's where it all started.

Known for playing pissed & telling their fans to fuck off, they were Punk, just without the short hair cuts. They're now unfortunately unsung heros who are all but forgotton

[media=]

[/media]

I'm quite sure you'll like the clip of Stanley Unwin too mate!

:hi:

• Upvote 1

Nice one Lung...it must have been a great scene down in London during those early days of Punk.Can't say Ive heard of ducks delux before.....pretty good.I'd have loved to have see Ian dury's Kilburn and the high roads or the early Pogues..(the pogue mahones?)

I didnt go to that many gigs in those days....all my money was being appropriated for soft drugs ,alcohol and prostitutes.....at least I never wasted any of it......boom boom.

Warning kids don't try to play your guitar like this at home .

[media=]

[/media]

How good were Dr. Feelgood!!!!!!

And Wlico....FFS ,cool or what

I remember tuning in to The Geordie scene everyweek(No remotes then,no fuckin' colour either!!)

Tear to my eye

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Has I've popped in for a quick couple of posts, time to start this off again.

When I last looked everyone was doing a pre punk thing, which is cool... I used to follow the Feelgood's around when I was a kid & then Wilco when I was an aging delinquent back in the 90's... Great posting everyone!!

Anyway, I like post punk better... Here's two reasons to be cheerful... At least they've always put a big smile on my face.

The two most up beat numbers that Johnny Lydon & P.I.L ever did, 'Don't ask me' & 'Seatle' :party0011:

Righ, off to gob at some wild life

[media=]

:hi:

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Nice to see this up again Jimslim....

Here are 4 very different tunes guaranteed to get me happy and the feet tapping before a big night out! Apologies if the Laura Greene track is already in the Northern Soul thread......

1. The under rated Chi-Lites:

2. Superfly Curtis:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lus0wLOXvAc

3. Laura making a great racket:

4. Eddie and the Hot Rods - 'Do Anything you Wanna Do' Wish I was a teenager again:

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XONqHfZzbsI