reasons to be cheerful-part 3

What a great idea for a thread Willy! There's been some really nice, happy, chirpy, chirpy tracks posted, hopefully this thread will keep running mate!

Anyway, I can think of so many, but first up as your into Zappa & you're slightly gayer than me, here's 'He's so gay'... Specially for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixHujoSAC3k

And here's one for all the aging British hippies out there 'Richard & Linda Thompson' with Bright Lights Tonight'

And one for all the old bastards out there 'Diango Reinheart' with 'Brazil'

Peace out

Lung :)

• Upvote 1

Sod it, here' some more...

Maybe not to everyone's taste, but I love Brian Eno's cosy sense of whimsy & the sentiment doesn't get much sweeter than this 'I'll come running to tie your shoe'

And this always puts a smile on my face too, the man everyone wants to play with 'John Zorn' with 'Miller's Crake'... This is luuuuuuuuuuuuvely

I'd best let someone else have a go now. :)

What a great idea for a thread Willy! There's been some really nice, happy, chirpy, chirpy tracks posted, hopefully this thread will keep running mate!

Anyway, I can think of so many, but first up as your into Zappa & you're slightly gayer than me, here's 'He's so gay'... Specially for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixHujoSAC3k

I think I love you Lung....this is the thread I'd really like to start....a Zappa thread......youre so gay-5555 "an evenings not complete ,without some meat in your seat" only Uncle Frankie could write em like that...

That video you posted....thats Farangbah singing vocals and keyboard isn't it?Pimpgreen on bass guitar.....Redrock on lead guitar-5555

Here's another FZ....bet $40 you can't make me cum-dinah moe hum...

• Upvote 1

And one for all the old bastards out there 'Diango Reinheart' with 'Brazil'

Peace out

Ive heard this tune so many times and never knew who recorded it....the Richard and Linda thomson song...great version,never heard that version before...my kinda song also.

heres a great version of WTP-With Beefheart on vocals...

BTW-Anyone who hates FZ say so....its an acquired taste,I won't post anymore on this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIZ0dv46ekk&feature=player_detailpage

Seeing as we are getting a little weird ......

They don't come much weirder than The Cramps recorded here in a real live mental asylum .

Why this happened who knows ? Perhaps some sort of shock therapy to prove no matter how crazy you might feel Lux Interior is more crazy ...and here's the proof .

The patients seem to be enjoying themselves too !!

• Upvote 1

Seeing as we are getting a little weird ......

They don't come much weirder than The Cramps recorded here in a real live mental asylum .

Why this happened who knows ? Perhaps some sort of shock therapy to prove no matter how crazy you might feel Lux Interior is more crazy ...and here's the proof .

The patients seem to be enjoying themselves too !!

'KIN hell....One flew over the cuckoo's nest indeedy.......Got any more weird ones slim?

Thanx katana- i forgot how good that track is.They wrote some great stuff the beegees...

Thanx slim man,you know your stuff-Paul Heaton,thats woth listening to more than once.I'm not familiar with pj harvey-Ive heard the name of course,but don't know her music at all,its worth investigating for sure.

music-education without graduation..thanx guys.

I think I love you Lung....this is the thread I'd really like to start....a Zappa thread......youre so gay-5555 "an evenings not complete ,without some meat in your seat" only Uncle Frankie could write em like that...

Oh, I love you too big boy!... Almost sounds like we're turning this into a bit of a gay website??.. Anyway, I'm all for a Zappa & Beefheart thread even if it's just for us two oddballs. Great track, by the way, Willy.

So just for you again, here's 'Frank Zappa' with 'Catholic Girls', this always gives me a laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co55JSKvS_Q

And this is a really sweet track by 'Captain Beefheart' 'This Is The Day', he could do sweet really well when he wanted!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDCHSI2KnAA

And finally, as we're going down the path to 'Happy, Happyland' & 'Weirdsville', here's 'The Polyphonic Spree' with a kickin' version of 'Nivarna's' 'Lithium'... I just love the racket this lot make!

• Upvote 1

Oh, you're after my heart now Lung!

I remember working for a local record store in 1979-1980 and one of the guys there found out I was a Zappa fan and turned me on to The Captain. It was right about the time that Doc At The Radar Station came out, and he was appearing on Saturday Night Live. I tried to get my friends to watch it but they couldn't get past the name, kept pronouncing it "BEE FART". I think the fact that we were all on LSD that evening might have been the real problem though.

Yeehaw!

Thanx guys -esp Lung ....nice beefheart track,never heard that one before,I didnt think he ever did anything like that...Catholic girls....with a tongue like a cow ,she could make you go wow

I love this one from Joes Garage......crew slut....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VOa9IZ86Ak&feature=player_detailpage

Bloody hell slimjim.....its a bit depressing that flaming lips one isn't it? Or just pointing out the impermanence of everything a la Buddhism.?