Thailand's TOP 10 Ladyboy Bars of 2023

2023 was a good year for ladyboy bars in that none I know of folded (well there was that wannabe overpriced joint in Pratumnak... good riddance!) and there were newcomers to the scene (Cindy's Secret 2, Peachy Lily, and 2 or 3 in NEP where I am not sure the postie bars were there already in 2022).  But there's the caveat that I am seeing the numbers of sissies in most bars thinning and their ages advancing... Also I see more and more punters are coming for them from all over the world and prices and quality of service are reflecting the higher demand/lesser supply pressures ... As far as I saw, no ladyboy bar reopened in Patpong which is on its death throes down to a few GG bars and a couple of gay ones with beefy 30 year old dudes.  Of note also in 2023 is the passing of Iain the owner of Why Not, which a couple months later remains open and well staffed.

Here is the 2023 Romscar TOP 10 Ladyboy bars of Thailand list:

#10 Peachy Lily, soi LK Patts  opened only in December and I haven't gone there yet, but if it has the beautiful Lily Diva on the premises it makes the Romscar TOP10 automatically.  Let's see how high it will go in 2024.

#9  Duangjai, soi Chayapoom Patts is that other soi Chayapoom bar that operates in the shadow of Delirious but is just as well staffed with rock bottom ST prices quoted to me whenever I asked about LTs which the Duangjainites did not seem interested in (or allowed?).

#8  B-52, NEP BKK is the former DC-10 bar 2 doors to the left of the old Casanova in NEP.  On my first visit of 2023 it seemed coed with a couple ladyboys.  On my last it was all ladyboys with 2 or 3 very desirable ones. Has 2024 potential to go a lot higher than #8...

#7 Why Not, soi 4 BKK is the elegant spacious bar that was empty of other customers everytime I went there in 2023.  Good for me!?... except if you don't keep buying the sissies drinks there is no one else to talk to there. I wish the best for Iain's widow and that she keeps the bar in business.

#6 Bon Bar, soi Buakhao Patts is a personal favorite in that I am smitten by one of their sissies who transfered there from another bar down Buakhao.  But there are other hot sissies at Bon Bar, including one who has an identical twin down the street.

#5 Obsession, NEP BKK  Likely the best staffed bar in Thailand, it seems to be bypassed by most old hand farang ladyboy mongers.  Why? Perhaps because the premium image they project to attract the japs and the koryos intimidates us more value-minded farangs.  In 2024 I must remember to barfine a sissy from there and see if it changes my misgivings.

#4 KRUs, soi Diamond Patts  remains a rock solid bar choice and is the best staffed in Pattaya plus is the only sissy go-go there. It is only handicapped by the distance from the epicenter of the ladyboy world at Buakhao.  I hear it gets going kinda late which is when I never went there so perhaps it's me who is missing out on the bigger picture.

#3 Check-In Bar, soi 10 BKK remains the single most awesome ladyboy bar to gawk at many hot ladyboys in bikinis and on a good night there is no other place on earth as fun to party with your clothes on as there. But in 2023 I did not experience such good nights at Check-In and having won bar of the year in 2021 it would have to up their ante even more to win against the exciting newcomers.

#2  Delirious Bar, soi Chayapoom Patts was last year's winner for having become the unofficial headquarters for ladyboy mongers in Pattaya.  It remained so in 2023 and added more hot staff (although they lost their hottest one).  We are all grateful for Herbert's effort to keep drink and barfine prices as affordable as it gets.

#1  Cindy's Secret 1 and 2, BKK-Patts CS1 had from day 1 the innate edge of being managed by a popular ladyboy legend and in 2003 it consolidated its contender position by digging further into her (Cindy's) SECRET motherload of Cambodja ladyboys.  But the magic dust for the Romscar came from the opening of CS2 in Pattaya in what became the first ever ladyboy franchise in different cities.  I am looking forward to visit CS2 in 2024.  Well done Cindy and Gavin and I blow a kiss to my CS crush Lily.

LadyboyBarsoftheYear2023ArielBlackOldEnglish.png.637f278509bb1d91d322356433da36e6.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I think most BMs impressions of a bar would be formed by a girl they met and had a good time with. I know it is my modus operandi. Go to one where you dont click and you mark it down. It may be appealing to many other BMs. Mine is influenced by a couple of girls at CIB so there goes my vote. There are more than a few stunners there as well. 

I think Rom may have not had a good time at CIB.

I do like Delirious, (due in part to Herbert), but to me it has more of a bar feel than a place to get "feely" with a girl.

Never heard of Bon Bar and yet Soi Pothole is my base.

KRUs I went to many moons ago.

Obsessions, a big minus after a bad experience

Why Not never thrilled me, same for Cindys. I went there just after opening off Soi 11. May be good now.

I will check Lily's out on my next visit as I know a couple of the girls working there. Sorry cant get to calling it Peachy Lily's. Sounds weird and also pinched the name Peachy off a girl who used to work at TJ's and who I had a crush on.

Duangjai I have never been to even after walking past many times.

Fantasy Lounge never got a mention, and I can sort of understand that. Needs a good rev up. They lost a couple of girls to Lily's.

B52 I have never been to.

Anyway Rom, you have made the award, so there it is. You are never going to please everyone.

I'm not really into bars, so I prefer to keep my distance and just observe. Based on what I've read in a couple of forums, it seems challenging to lump Bangkok and Pattaya into the same category. In Bangkok, the most popular baris undoubtedly CIB, and Obsessions is considered the most expensive, making it the top choice for those who can afford it. In Pattaya, comparing KRU with other bars is tricky since it's the only Gogo bar.

Regardless, I think Rom tried to avoid rewarding the same bar twice. Making a fair judgment is tough, especially with new bars that opened up since October. Anyway, Rom chose to give Cindy's the first place that sounds logical given the efforts to invest on a new bar in Pattaya. .

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Woodie said:

I think most BMs impressions of a bar would be formed by a girl they met and had a good time with

Unlike quantified rankings (like football goals or american football touchdowns scored, or athletics world records, or most albums sold) qualitative rankings IN GENERAL are subjective (like MVPs, Miss Worlds, Eurovision Song Contest, Oscars, Sexyest Man Alive). It's the responsibility of the person(s) doing the ranking to have meaningful criteria and be impartial.

The reason that I am making this post is to reiterate once more that in awarding the Romscar for #1 Bar of the Year, in addition to the bar being reasonably staffed with attractive sissies and not overcharging, I seek to acknowledge bars that bring something new to the scene.  Which is why the Romscar goes to a different bar every year, with the exception of the years I gave it to TJ's and then the following year Jimbo joined there and made it even better and I gave it again.

If you look at my list of past winners, most of the winners were obvious choices for the respective year but once in a while a lesser known bar pops up.  Yes it had to do with my personal experience.  But part of that experience was knowing that I had discovered a gem most mongers were not aware of. 

The 3 dark horse winners in my list were (i) Minou in 2007, a short lived bar in soi VC-Sunee that I think was closed by the authorities for reasons I can't mention here and (ii) Boomerang Twin in 2016 that lasted another 2 or 3 years, both of which were unique in that they were staffed with beautiful silicone-and-mostly-hormones-FREE femboys like no other bars in Thailand at the time (or since!!!).  The 3rd dark horse was Baby Boom in 2014, which every monger came to know but back then not so many did when it opened in the exact location (I think!) where CS 2 just opened. (In fact I credit myself with starting the in-bar shenanigans at Baby Boom but that's another story).

There is also the case of New Bar that was never staffed with that many ladyboys, but when it opened in 2017 it had GGs that did 3sums with them.  Plus it had that positive energy of Petesie and New starting out something together and it drew and contagiated a lot of the mongers.  So I gave it the Romscar in the year it opened even though most other bars had more ladyboys around.

One that never won was 69 bar even though it was a steady TOP 10 finisher reflecting its popularity with the Patts regulars, that have since moved on to Delirious...  69 was 69! year after year.  Killer pool, table of wisdom and the knitting club ... it deserved some kind of longevity recognition but not a bar of the year. IMHO.

All this to say that I picked Cindy's not based on my personal experience (I went there only 4 or 5 times since it opened and only barfined once) but on the merits of the bar in less than 2 years becoming an established BKK mongers' landmark with its unique contingent of Cambodjan sissies and then opening a 2nd bar, which no one else did in 2023 ... or ever!  For these 2 reasons, CS 1 + 2 were one of the most clearly deserved, easiest Romscar picks I ever made.

Hope this helps the skepticals.

Rom

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rom said:

Hope this helps the skepticals.

Mmmm, dont know why you stated those words. I have not seen any skeptics remarks. 

I made comments re the choices. Nothing skeptical about that. Good on you for making the list. It will always be dependant on your choices. If somebody else took the time to do it, it is very likely that there would be a different outcome.

Once again I would say it would depend on ones experiences. No different from 2 BM's taste in girls.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to add that in making the TOP10 list, I also let myself be influenced by bar-diplomacy for the bottom of the list slots.

For ex: this year I put Peachy Lily on the list at #10 even though I did not go there and from what I see online the ladyboys there are few and not so hot.  But then there is Lily and I want to remain on her good side as she knows me and might remember when I gave the 2 Romscars to M at TJs.  Plus I have a hunch Peachy Lily will take off in 2024 and I am giving it a good pole position.  All it will take is for Youngone to send over 3 or 4 of the hotties from KRUs (which he said he would not do).

Another example: My crush on one of the Bon Bar sissies may have slightly biased my choice to put it at #6.  But it IS a TOP10 bar and the best sissy bar along soi Buakhao.

Another example: since joining LBR and seeing how much Emmy's Bar meant to some BMs, I included it in past years at the bottom of the TOP 10.  But this year I just couldn't.  It was for most of the year a 2 ladyboy bar and one of them has to be romanced and the other has become more business-like.

Another example:  New 69 bar.  Late comer in 2023 but was packed when I passed by there all the week of the inauguration. I did not see any ladyboys that made me want to stop for a beer, but sure saw plenty of them Cliquers... so the place must be doing something right.

Another example:  Sally's Bar Jomtien.  I have no idea if it is open, let alone if it has hot ladyboys...  I remember going there 10 years ago and horsing around with the sissies Baby Boom style.  Or was it not Sally's bar?  in that inner soi where cars don't run?... Out of my range ....

So yeah it is personal.   When I used to do the Romscars at PY I polled BMs to vote for the different award categories and each of their votes counted as much as mine.  Except for Bar of the Year.  That one I had to pick all by myself to have a modicum of objectivity.

Being somewhat of an outcast and not bound to any bar or bar owner, I believe I do as good a job as anyone would, including in explaining my choices as I hereby have done.

R

• Like 1

On 1/1/2024 at 6:34 AM, Woodie said:

I think most BMs impressions of a bar would be formed by a girl they met and had a good time with.

Totally not applicable to me! Because I've met fantastic girls basically in every bar Iadyboy bar I've been to :biggrin:  Would mean that CS, WN and CIB would share first place (for BKK bars). I have not visited Pattaya in 2023, so can't say much about it (will be solved soon though, heading to Patts next week B)).

For me nice girls are just one of the criteria. It's more about the complete picture. I like to have a comfortable seat in a place with nice aircon (not in a freezin blow of polar quality). I appreciate a good service team (no one beats CIB in this) and  transparancy on the bin. Music, and the volume level of it , is also very important. I always like to spend some quality time in a bar, before even thinking of bar fining a girl. Don't want to suffer from shitty music which blow up my eardrums.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Dan Miller said:

Totally not applicable to me! Because I've met fantastic girls basically in every bar Iadyboy bar I've been to :biggrin:  Would mean that CS, WN and CIB would share first place (for BKK bars). I have not visited Pattaya in 2023, so can't say much about it (will be solved soon though, heading to Patts next week B)).

For me nice girls are just one of the criteria. It's more about the complete picture. I like to have a comfortable seat in a place with nice aircon (not in a freezin blow of polar quality). I appreciate a good service team (no one beats CIB in this) and  transparancy on the bin. Music, and the volume level of it , is also very important. I always like to spend some quality time in a bar, before even thinking of bar fining a girl. Don't want to suffer from shitty music which blow up my eardrums.

Alright smarty

If you want to be pedantic, I reckon even you would form an impression of a bar by a girl you took a fancy to. As long as the other details are acceptable it is all go!.

If you did not find a girl at a bar that you really wanted to take out, not just dine in, It would tend to form an impression on you of that bar which may or may not last.

On the other hand, if you found the girl of your dreams and some of the other details were not 100% you might still rate the bar as a goer.

So there, Kingdom Guys undergraduate!!!!!:clapping:

56 minutes ago, Woodie said:

Alright smarty

If you want to be pedantic, I reckon even you would form an impression of a bar by a girl you took a fancy to. As long as the other details are acceptable it is all go!.

If you did not find a girl at a bar that you really wanted to take out, not just dine in, It would tend to form an impression on you of that bar which may or may not last.

On the other hand, if you found the girl of your dreams and some of the other details were not 100% you might still rate the bar as a goer.

So there, Kingdom Guys undergraduate!!!!!:clapping:

Seems like you know me better than I do myself :rofl: Feel free to think whatever you want ...

• Like 2

incredible that the Romscar Top Ten LB Bar awards have been going for 25 years! the bar owners need to give you some freebies for that.

I totally agree with Cindy's Secret (I've only been to BKK). It has new energy and the girls are somewhat fresh (Cambodian and also their outfits). It's well managed too. And I had a great time there.

I'm wondering about some bars from the past and how they did in prior rankings... Such as Surprise Yourself and also Fantasy Lounge.

35 minutes ago, The-Sith said:

'm wondering about some bars from the past and how they did in prior rankings... Such as Surprise Yourself and also Fantasy Lounge.

Thanks The-Sith.  Fantasy Lounge and Nidcha right next door to it (since closed) made the lower-mid TOP 10 rankings most years prior to covid and PRIOR to Chayapoom diverting the mongers from soi Buakhao proper.  Last year (2023) I was not so impressed with Fantasy Lounge.

Surprise Yourself never made the TOP10 list and may have been an oversight on my part but they were not in business that long.  Moreover, it was precisely during the period when TJ's Lily reigned supreme. It was a well fitted bar with some hot ladyboys that got poached by CIB. (that's the June edge being a ladyboy herself)

In my view only the TOP 5 bars I listed were serious contenders.  I give myself some leeway in awarding the #6 to #10 rankings to highlight special situations.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2024 at 3:26 AM, Dan Miller said:

I hope you're right. Reading your current TR, it seems that ladyboys are only a part of your judgement. You seem to be sensible to the bar atmosphere to decide whether you had a good night (or not) before deciding staying with a gurl.

@Rom  BTW, I think you should open a new subforum to deal with old legends like these bars or their owners which closed before some of us went to Thailand. I'm curious to know more about this Milou or even Fantasy loung or Nidcha. You had aslo mentionned another 2 bars in Pattaya in a post I can't find. Iwould be intrested in reading your comments or memories about these bars (as you had done with tha Apeman).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

Milou

Was a strange place in Sunee plaza ran by an extrovert Swiss guy Rudy,  who died of something we shouldn't mention on a board dedicated to gay sex.

I visited the place a few times with the LBR mods solely as a study trip, maybe around 2009 or 2010. Had a look  in the archives and it was early 2008.

Had several smaller rooms if I recall correctly. Mostly femboys in transit to become ladyboys. I don't think it lasted more than a few months.

This one worked at Minou. Very cute and friendly.

065.jpg

• Like 4