Thailand lb swimsuit contest vs. Philippines lb swimsuit contest

rxpharm

Here are a couple of videos, one from last year of a Thailand lb swimsuit beauty contest and the other this year from the Philippines.

Please comment on which one you prefer and why.

First up the Thailand lbs - which was held in Pattaya.

Next up are the Filipina lbs. Tondo is a district in Manila.

• Like 1

Thx for posting @rxpharm.

I'm not very mich into all kinds of peagants, above included. The camera work is very dissapointing, barely can see the ladies in close up.

I would prefer the Thai though, completely because of the ridiculous HUGE numbers the Filipinas are carrying :rofl:  Could have been a little more subtle IMHO.

Thanks for commenting Dan - I know beauty contests are not everyone's cup of tea. I chose these 2 contests as they are not major ones, like Miss Tiffany Universe or Super Sirenya for the Philippines.

I am intrigued about your preference for the numbers - I guess the eyesight of the judges might not have been so good for the Filipino judges.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rxpharm said:

Please comment on which one you prefer and why.

First up the Thailand lbs - which was held in Pattaya.

Next up are the Filipina lbs. Tondo is a district in Manila.

I prefer the Thais.  Some of the Filipinas appear a bit chunky and don't seem comfortable walking in heels.

I suspect, but don't really know, that this is not a fair comparison of Thais vs Filipinas.  It looks like the Thais are the cream of the crop top models while the Filipinas are whoever chose to enter the contest.

Edit: Reading your second post, I see these are not Miss Tiffany girls.  But it still seems as if the Pattaya show's sponsors were quite choosy regarding standards of beauty.

• Upvote 1

I had a quick look at both videos last night after posting in my TR. I had prefered to go out and explore a waria area. 

I first believed there were Vietnamese ladyboys in the Thai pageant. Then taking a closer look, I noticed the Thai ladyboys had fat asses, not really what we see at Katoeys R us. Then I had a look at the Pinoy ladyboysWhat I noticed at most are the gay male models standing in the background. I found it to be in a poor taste. I also noticed first a ladyboy who's a femboy, but it seems that most of the Pinoy have silicone breasts. 

I'm not really into beauty pageants but thanks for posting anyway. 

• Like 1

In general i think the Thias were more feminine.  Presented better and seemed more comfortable.  The Filipinas in general appeared stronger, and some with more junk in the trunk.........in the end I would pick the Filipinas girls coz i think more fun.

In the Philippines, ladyboy beauty pageants are far more frequent and widespread than in Thailand as they are often staged more like freak shows to entertain the audience with the awkward femininity of the participants.  They are called "Miss Gay" contests and any local transwoman can participate including not so attractive ones who serve to amuse the audience and who merrily play their part like clowns.

Having said that, the pinay transwomen are becoming more and more feminine with the availability of hormones at an early age and rising incomes that allow them to buy such hormones plus afford beauty care, including surgeries.  In the OP video of the PH pageant I see 4 or 5 gorgeous ones that can hold their own against the hottest in the TH video.  Yes there are a couple of chubby ones or older ones in the PH video, but that just goes to show how standards are lower for participation in the PH pageants.

Personally, I marvel at a gorgeous feminine ladyboy (think Lily or my current Pattaya muse Anny) as much as any other male, but I seem to lust more for those who retain the femboy traits (think Pepsi).  Hence I have always been partial to the pinoy sissies even though I am the first to admit that the Thais are on average far more feminine.

Here is a scan of an old pic of a typical Miss Gay contest held at barangay (neighborhood) Level where the participants were the local sissies in the community.  They seemed happy to have their day in the spotlight wearing rented outfits that they could not otherwise afford.  In this particular contest the prize for the winner was 2000 pesos (about USD 40 at the exchange rate of the time) and it took place in a basketball court after a parade around the barangay and everybody seemed to have fun.

MissGay2.jpg

missgay1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Oral skill is important!   

3 hours ago, Woodie said:

In general the Thai girls would be better looking and more feminine but the fili girls win hands down in the communication stakes due to their English skills.

Hahaha, girls can make very happy when they dont talk :biggrin:  Although I agree with Woodie that it's nice to have some conversation B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Excellent post by @Rom . When I had been in the Philippines, people like Stealth007 claimed that ladyboys in the area of Cebu were the most beautiful ones. But Thai ladyboys could use hormones and adapted medical services, so I noticed a gap between Thai and Pinoy ladyboys. At that time, dateinasia.com was full of baklas (a nasty word for Pinoy ladyboys) in this case boys with long hair pretending to be ladyboys who were not seductive at all. 

It seems that real Pinoy ladyboys managed to catch up with their Thai counterparts since then, so it's not  so easy to compare. I even think that comparing could be negative in this case. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2023 at 12:37 PM, Soju said:

I prefer the Filipinas to be honest.  Agree with the others that some of the "chunky" girls are not the best but some of the others were damn fine... if I were to pick one girl it contestant number 3; numbers 14 and 18 were fine too.

I found the Thai contestants, with a couple of exceptions, had a fair share of facial surgery, granted it was a little hard to tell for sure. 

Said and done, I like Asian ladyboys who look Asian.

Yep, 3 was good. So were 7 and 19!!!!