Cardi B Performing In Pattaya During Songkran

Pdoggg

10 hours ago, Zeppie said:

I to hunted in my younger days.  But now, if I want a deer, I just drive 55 mph, with brights on, horn and radio blasting.  

Where I used to go there is no way you get there by car. Well not close anyway. We used to drive on the forestry tracks, through streams etc., park the car, get our gear, guns , tent etc and start walking. Probably about an hours walk and pitch camp. Now this is in the Whirinaki. A large tract of pristine bush between Rotorua and Hawkes Bay in NZ. In those days still a lot of deer despite helicopter hunters as the bush was very dense. (like me really). The bush was untouched, the streams just crystal clear. So clear that I found a good sized trout in a pool. Tried to shoot it, but trying to do that with the parallax is nearly impossible.

On 4/15/2023 at 5:11 PM, Pdoggg said:

No buckets of water thrown in the face of people driving motorbikes.

I have only been there during one Songkran. I thought it was ok apart from 1 lb who kept throwing large buckets of water at motorcyclists from about 2 meters. Nearly bowled a couple over. The lb was so drunk I could not make her see sense. They also kept pushing each other into a plastic pool with about 4 inches of water in it. Could have cracked their heads open.

A photo of the day. This was at the place that used to be called Back packers something on Soi Bukhao, opposite the Hospital. My gf at the time is in the leopard skin dress

20180414_163708.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

I've never been into Songkran. I discovered it in another ladyboy forum after my fist trip in Thailand. I had found explainations in wikipedia. It's supposed to be a religious celebration.  "Traditionally, during this occasion, Thais return to their families and express reverence to their elders by anointing their hands with fragrant water, while acquiring merits through the act of offering food to the monks... In Pattaya, the festive atmosphere takes on a frenzied and sometimes extravagant tone, with a multitude of tourists and an influx of residents from Bangkok."

I regret that it has become a silly and violent carnival under the influence of foreign tourists. I will always avoid going to Thailand during Songkran for sure.

2 hours ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

I regret that it has become a silly and violent carnival under the influence of foreign tourists. I will always avoid going to Thailand during Songkran for sure.

Are you blaming tourist for this?

On 4/16/2023 at 11:07 AM, Pulci Gorgon said:

No, I'm blaming the American constitution. 55555

Well I'll be doggone, PG.  You have a sense of humor after all.  Between you and Woodie, I thought you all sour-pusses.............lol.

April 18-19, 2023
NO pick up and drop off service - whole day

Pattaya shuts down today.   No Bell Bus service as Pattaya water play reaches a crescendo.

According to the authorities, Beach Road will be partially closed to allocate space for pedestrians who come to participate in the event. The road from Central Pattaya Beach to Walking Street will be closed from 14:30 to 20:30 hrs.

For this event, the Pattaya Police Station will deploy 11 teams consisting of 653 officers to carry out various tasks at 11 different stages.

Traffic measures such as checkpoints for receiving and dispatching guests will also be in place to protect the event attendees. Police are also urging people participating to not drink alcohol, although this is widely expected to ignored. At the very least, police strongly have warned against drunk driving and will be checking for this around the city.

Wan Lai was basically cancelled for the past four years of the Covid-19 pandemic, with the last event being held in 2019.

Tomorrow’s festivities feature many concerts, parades, events, and of course lots and lots of water.

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/04/18/pattaya-police-make-final-preparations-for-the-big-songkran-day-on-april-19th/

Never been to Thailand for Songkran and never want to. Seems to me a festival of giant fuckwittery for every fuckwit drawing breath. Dickhead farang and bar girl trash. 

Sorry for my killjoy vibe. I suppose it's okay for 1-3 days. I know it's very hot there. But when it's over and the idiots are sleeping through hangovers maybe quietly take them away and euthanise them. :yes:

• Like 2

On 4/16/2023 at 7:55 AM, Woodie said:

Where I used to go there is no way you get there by car. Well not close anyway. We used to drive on the forestry tracks, through streams etc., park the car, get our gear, guns , tent etc and start walking. Probably about an hours walk and pitch camp. Now this is in the Whirinaki. A large tract of pristine bush between Rotorua and Hawkes Bay in NZ. In those days still a lot of deer despite helicopter hunters as the bush was very dense. (like me really). The bush was untouched, the streams just crystal clear. So clear that I found a good sized trout in a pool. Tried to shoot it, but trying to do that with the parallax is nearly impossible.

Did you have a license to shoot fish........lol

41 minutes ago, Zeppie said:

Did you have a license to shoot fish........lol

No, but a funny aside to that. In Rotorua there is a tourist spot that has trout pools. A guy I worked with went there and when no one was looking stabbed a rainbow trout with his umbrella tip. Brought it back with him and I cooked it!.

• Haha 1

On 4/16/2023 at 9:18 PM, Pulci Gorgon said:

I've never been into Songkran. I discovered it in another ladyboy forum after my fist trip in Thailand. I had found explainations in wikipedia. It's supposed to be a religious celebration.  "Traditionally, during this occasion, Thais return to their families and express reverence to their elders by anointing their hands with fragrant water, while acquiring merits through the act of offering food to the monks... In Pattaya, the festive atmosphere takes on a frenzied and sometimes extravagant tone, with a multitude of tourists and an influx of residents from Bangkok."

This. 

• Like 1

A 61-year-old Thai man is in serious condition after he was allegedly pushed by a Turkish man upset about having water poured on him during Songkran in Pattaya.

The Pattaya Police Chief Colonel Sompong Poethi told the Pattaya News that the incident took place on the Pattaya Walking Street on April 18th ‘Wan Lai’ at about 3:00 A.M. The incident went viral after the social media page Pattaya Watchdog posted the video from the incident seen here.

The injured Thai man, identified only as Mr. Chadayut, 61, from Songkhla, who is a parking attendant staffer at a Walking Street restaurant nearby, now has a severe head injury at a local hospital with only a 30 percent chance of recovery according to Col. Sompong. Mr. Chadayut is well known on Walking Street and has been a fixture in the area for some time, stated a witness, Mr. Tam.

The cause of the incident is because the injured man poured a small bucket of water onto a Turkish man, identified as Mustafa A., 28, before he appeared to headbutt and shove Chadayut according to CCTV footage causing him to fall to the ground in front of many shocked bystanders.

Col. Sompong stated that the Turkish man might not understand Thai Songkran culture and the meaning of being doused with water as he was angry. Critics on social media, however, say this is impossible as Mustafa was shirtless and dressed for water play and the evening of the incident Walking Street was a certified water zone with thousands of people playing with water and engaged in water battles in a tourist bar zone.

Indeed, only a few dozen feet from the incident were stages set up in front of Walking Street bars with heavy crowds playing with water and spraying the crowd with hoses while DJ’s spun music. Some witnesses also claimed Mustafa had been playing with water himself earlier so any excuses that he didn’t know what the meaning of being doused with water was were invalid, according to them.

Mustafa, who has lived in Pattaya for one year, was arrested after the incident. He is facing charges of attacking others causing serious injury according to Col. Sompong.

Witnesses also reportedly told police, according to Sompong, that during the days of Songkran, the Turkish man has caused many troubles.

Mustafa allegedly hit a French couple with a bottle which Pattaya police said they would also look into. He also allegedly got into a conflict with a cannabis shop on Walking Street, causing damage to the venue which will lead to legal action, according to Pattaya Police. They stressed, however, that these incidents were still under review as of press time to determine the exact timeline of events.

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/04/22/61-year-old-thai-man-in-coma-after-being-allegedly-pushed-by-young-turkish-man-on-walking-street-during-pattaya-songkran/

• Like 1

It's dismaying to witness how Songkran, which was once a religious festival full of devotion, has degenerated into a completely indecent celebration. The practice of transmitting fragrant water has now turned into full-fledged water battles, with water guns and hoses being the weapons of choice. Even more concerning is the recent trend of water machine guns  replacing water guns, further promoting a culture of violence. This was on full display during the event, when the tourist who was drenched with water refused to back down and instead escalated to a more violent mode of behavior. This shift in the festival's spirit, from one of reverence to one of aggression and violence, is truly disappointing and must be addressed. It's important to remember the true values of the festival and work towards bringing back the spiritual aspects that have been lost.

If I was in Pattaya, I would be hanging in streets to find a ladyboy to hook up or I would be sleeping, but certainly not playing dangerous games. I'm afraid that Thai tolerance has become too tolerant now. 

• Like 2

I remember Songkran 20 years ago too.... and farangs would be getting super pissed off getting blasted in the face while riding their scooters. Sometimes violence ensued. 

Monks would tell me It was their favorite holiday because it was the only time they could actually touch women. I mean...even a slight bit of contact....like a hand on a shoulder. For them... that was going all the way. 

4 hours ago, The-Sith said:

I remember Songkran 20 years ago too.... and farangs would be getting super pissed off getting blasted in the face while riding their scooters. Sometimes violence ensued. 

Monks would tell me It was their favorite holiday because it was the only time they could actually touch women. I mean...even a slight bit of contact....like a hand on a shoulder. For them... that was going all the way. 

is that considered a hand job

• Haha 1