Cardi B Performing In Pattaya During Songkran

Pdoggg

22 hours ago, The-Sith said:

because rock..... like all progressive music, is a young person's game.

Actually I couldn't agree with you more ,but what can you do. 

I once was young and saw The Clash live .The rest is history.

22 hours ago, The-Sith said:

Jimi Hendrix

My neighbour, (professional musician, extremely talented, plays all instruments basically), saw Jimi in ´69. Best show he ever attended. The owner of the joint pulled the plug on Jimi as it was after 11pm.

• Like 2

Enjoy!!  Yeah there was a place called the masonic temple.....saw all kinds of bands come through there, it was a wild place......Got to see Paul Butterfield, the Chambers Bros, ZZ-Top, T-rex (who cares) and a few others I can't remember.......anyhow enjoy the concert, and don't get to close to simmon tongue..

8 hours ago, seven said:

My neighbour, (professional musician, extremely talented, plays all instruments basically), saw Jimi in ´69. Best show he ever attended. The owner of the joint pulled the plug on Jimi as it was after 11pm.

6 hours ago, Zeppie said:

Enjoy!!  Yeah there was a place called the masonic temple.....saw all kinds of bands come through there, it was a wild place......Got to see Paul Butterfield, the Chambers Bros, ZZ-Top, T-rex (who cares) and a few others I can't remember.......anyhow enjoy the concert, and don't get to close to simmon tongue..

@seven

Holy Shit! Those are some amazing acts to see. I never got to see The Clash but that's EXACTLY what I'm talking about.... you probably saw them when their sound was fresh....in a smaller space because they were new.... and the energy was insane.... and like you said.... "the rest is history."

what's funny is as I write this.... I am wearing an Are You Experienced TShirt with a print from the original album. 

@Zeppie

I remember The Masonic Temple.... would have loved to see ZZ there and even TRex cuz their sound was cool. I remember it was in a shitty part of Detroit...... Cas Corridor which became like a 5th world country.... no electricity and no water in some parts.

I saw some cool acts in a smaller place down the street from Masonic Temple called St. Andrew's Hall / The Shelter. It's where they filmed the "Moms Spaghetti" freestyle battle in 8 Mile for Eminem. I saw a few concerts there like Wu Tang Clan, Cyrpus Hill and Common Sense before these guys became famous.....and also Skinny Puppy. Skinny Puppy was raw as fuck. 

It was way smaller and more underground venue....... and you could fight your way up to the stage and interact with the act through out the show and even see up their noses you were so close. And even go back stage and meet the crew..... I remember going back and hanging with Common.... I guess it was white privilege because almost everyone was black and he was ok with one of the only white guys coming back stage and chilling with him.

here is Skinny Puppy. I can't describe them except if you took The Sex Pistols and Alice Cooper and Kraftwerk. Seeing these guys in a small venue is the epitome of Rock n Roll!!! Totally Muthafucking Hardcore!

Just like hearing Jimi or the Clash for the first time.... you hear their sound.... and The Rest is History. It's the same a decade later for Skinny Puppy and two decades later for Wu Tang Clan. You hear their sound and the Rest is History.

SmartSelect_20230324_052523_Chrome.jpg.dc54146ac7611f27c3d7919cbf899918.jpg

SmartSelect_20230324_052534_Chrome.jpg.a9fcab96c31e27ea7608bb3b034b8842.jpg

SmartSelect_20230324_053614_Google.jpg.2cdf5d9e8bebe5b0e79a79d9a4bb01b2.jpg

SmartSelect_20230324_053708_Chrome.jpg.fe61223868244a28e0bf2da269b2bad9.jpg

It's kind of like banging super sexy 20-something Ladyboys from Bangkok..... these groups are not easy to find at first.......not for the faint of heart.... they are underground raw and hardcore ROCK N ROLL BABY!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, seven said:

Great footage......loved it.......

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The-Sith said:

@seven

Holy Shit! Those are some amazing acts to see. I never got to see The Clash but that's EXACTLY what I'm talking about.... you probably saw them when their sound was fresh....in a smaller space because they were new.... and the energy was insane.... and like you said.... "the rest is history."

what's funny is as I write this.... I am wearing an Are You Experienced TShirt with a print from the original album. 

@Zeppie

I remember The Masonic Temple.... would have loved to see ZZ there and even TRex cuz their sound was cool. I remember it was in a shitty part of Detroit...... Cas Corridor which became like a 5th world country.... no electricity and no water in some parts.

I saw some cool acts in a smaller place down the street from Masonic Temple called St. Andrew's Hall / The Shelter. It's where they filmed the "Moms Spaghetti" freestyle battle in 8 Mile for Eminem. I saw a few concerts there like Wu Tang Clan, Cyrpus Hill and Common Sense before these guys became famous.....and also Skinny Puppy. Skinny Puppy was raw as fuck. 

It was way smaller and more underground venue....... and you could fight your way up to the stage and interact with the act through out the show and even see up their noses you were so close. And even go back stage and meet the crew..... I remember going back and hanging with Common.... I guess it was white privilege because almost everyone was black and he was ok with one of the only white guys coming back stage and chilling with him.

here is Skinny Puppy. I can't describe them except if you took The Sex Pistols and Alice Cooper and Kraftwerk. Seeing these guys in a small venue is the epitome of Rock n Roll!!! Totally Muthafucking Hardcore!

Just like hearing Jimi or the Clash for the first time.... you hear their sound.... and The Rest is History. It's the same a decade later for Skinny Puppy and two decades later for Wu Tang Clan. You hear their sound and the Rest is History.

SmartSelect_20230324_052523_Chrome.jpg.dc54146ac7611f27c3d7919cbf899918.jpg

SmartSelect_20230324_052534_Chrome.jpg.a9fcab96c31e27ea7608bb3b034b8842.jpg

SmartSelect_20230324_053614_Google.jpg.2cdf5d9e8bebe5b0e79a79d9a4bb01b2.jpg

SmartSelect_20230324_053708_Chrome.jpg.fe61223868244a28e0bf2da269b2bad9.jpg

It's kind of like banging super sexy 20-something Ladyboys from Bangkok..... these groups are not easy to find at first.......not for the faint of heart.... they are underground raw and hardcore ROCK N ROLL BABY!

Your bring back memories, which is cool. I never got into the scene you described.  I was more into blues and southern rock (Allman Brothers) and some other stuff.  Yeah, the Temple was the wild west.  There was a couple of bars, I visited/frequented..."Last Chance Bar....corner of woodward and 8mile.  A hooker joint, but also got some serious pool games. The fat man was the local.  The other was on cass, forget the name.  but they had (among other things), all the old style beers.....Hamm's, Black label, Strohs, PB, Schlitz, etc.  Not that any of that piss water tasted good, but it was cheap and had tradition.  

PS.  I use to work at Bagley and 4th, next to the post office.  We would walk to the ball park and catch Tiger games, the wood bleacher seats, better than a hockey game for entertainment......damn hillbillies.......lol.  Anyhow.......thanks for the remanences, but I have highjack this thread enough.....so signing off.

1 hour ago, Zeppie said:

Your bring back memories, which is cool. I never got into the scene you described.  I was more into blues and southern rock (Allman Brothers) and some other stuff.  Yeah, the Temple was the wild west.  There was a couple of bars, I visited/frequented..."Last Chance Bar....corner of woodward and 8mile.  A hooker joint, but also got some serious pool games. The fat man was the local.  The other was on cass, forget the name.  but they had (among other things), all the old style beers.....Hamm's, Black label, Strohs, PB, Schlitz, etc.  Not that any of that piss water tasted good, but it was cheap and had tradition.  

PS.  I use to work at Bagley and 4th, next to the post office.  We would walk to the ball park and catch Tiger games, the wood bleacher seats, better than a hockey game for entertainment......damn hillbillies.......lol.  Anyhow.......thanks for the remanences, but I have highjack this thread enough.....so signing off.

yes I'm into southern rock and blues as well..... Lynyrd Skynyrd.... CCR.... plus blues like Willie Dixon and Muddy Waters.

TRIVIA.... where did the name Lynyrd Skynyrd come from?

Detroit is the home of music that influenced the entire planet.

MoTown for one.

Techno also is from Detroit.

Eminem and Madonna too.

Plus Jackson5 is from close by (I guess you can say they are MoTown but they went way way beyond to be one of the greatest musical acts ever..... including those listed above).

When all those Europeans love techno.... they have to give credit to D Town.

• Like 1

And interestingly to the point I was making about geriatrics getting on stage...... check out this article today from the ARTISTS PERSPECTIVE:

IMG-20230324-WA0000.jpg.b47f093f5cd13af06a379d8ce8d7f61c.jpg

Henry Rollins: ‘I wouldn’t go back on stage with a band for anything’
The writer, actor and legendary punk musician answers your questions on working with William Shatner and Al Pacino, the joy of lifting weights and Leeds’ best onion bhajis

As told to Dave Simpson
Thu 23 Mar 2023 10.00 EDT
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare via Email
As a music obsessive, why have you stepped back from making it? The GingerNinja

I stopped processing ideas in terms of lyrics. One day, I woke up and thought: “I’m done.” My manager flipped out, but I’ve never looked back. I didn’t want to become a human jukebox playing old songs, so I filled the space the band took with films and TV and now my shows, my radio show and writing. At this point, I wouldn’t go back on stage with a band for anything.

2 hours ago, The-Sith said:

yes I'm into southern rock and blues as well..... Lynyrd Skynyrd.... CCR.... plus blues like Willie Dixon and Muddy Waters.

TRIVIA.... where did the name Lynyrd Skynyrd come from?

Detroit is the home of music that influenced the entire planet.

MoTown for one.

Techno also is from Detroit.

Eminem and Madonna too.

Plus Jackson5 is from close by (I guess you can say they are MoTown but they went way way beyond to be one of the greatest musical acts ever..... including those listed above).

When all those Europeans love techno.... they have to give credit to D Town.

I think at one time i new the origins of the bands name, but i would have to look it up...........so the answer is, I don't know.

Yeah, motown was big........of all the bands/musicians...the Temptations was it for me.  Serious consideration to the 4-Tops, and Marvin Gaye who could really lay it down.  Let's not forget the Funk bros.  I didn't care much about J-5, to commercial for me.  Never went near the Techno (it's soulless).  I can remember playing Brown Eyed Girl on 45's, over and over (not M-Town).  Never into the rabbit or Madonna, but they made it big.so good for them.

55 minutes ago, Zeppie said:

I think at one time i new the origins of the bands name, but i would have to look it up...........so the answer is, I don't know.

Yeah, motown was big........of all the bands/musicians...the Temptations was it for me.  Serious consideration to the 4-Tops, and Marvin Gaye who could really lay it down.  Let's not forget the Funk bros.  I didn't care much about J-5, to commercial for me.  Never went near the Techno (it's soulless).  I can remember playing Brown Eyed Girl on 45's, over and over (not M-Town).  Never into the rabbit or Madonna, but they made it big.so good for them.

LS was the name of their high school basketball coach.

2 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

I've always liked the Allman Brothers.  Jessica is a great tune.  Seems like it got a second wind with Jessica being the theme song for Top Gear.  

Right on Pdogg (with 3 g's, inside joke).  Duane Allman, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimi Hendrix......where the most elite guitarist of that time frame, all died way to young.  You can talk Beck, Clapton, Page, Robbie Robertson, etc....But they were the guitar playing the human.....

Jessica, fun tune, smooth and clean.  But you got to like, In memory of Elizabeth, man its soul full.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

One other tip not mentioned in the above video is don't ride your motorbike. Nothing worse than a bucket of water in your face when driving. If you ride the baht bus you will also probably be doused with freezing water. 

Many expats are safely out of town. Those who are hunkering down have stocked ammo and other provisions. 

song8.jpeg

Life during wartime started on the 12th in Sodom by the Sea.  That's eight days.   Looks like two of ours.

The Songkran festival that started in Pattaya one day ahead of the actual date lit up the city yesterday as parties and water splashing activities lasted almost overnight.
Tourist spots in Pattaya were crammed with Songkran revelers both Thais and foreigners alike yesterday, April 12th. People, all soaking wet, were holding water guns and buckets and splashing water at each other with beaming smiles on their faces.

Bars in Soi 6 to 8 were all occupied by customers, while bar staffers were seen playing water out front. The street also came alive with blasting music, and parties and water splashing literally lasted until late night on Walking Street.

Things are expected to get even wilder today as Songkran officially marked its first day on April 13th and will run until April 19th in Pattaya. Meanwhile, Pattaya Wan Lai, or the Big Day, will take place on April 19th, and the road along Pattaya Beach from Central Pattaya Road to Walking Street will be closed to traffic from 7:00 AM onwards.

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/04/13/songkran-festival-brings-excitement-and-energy-to-pattaya/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zeppie said:

If the girls didn't wear bra's i would be all in.....

It honestly wouldn't really improve the situation much.  I think after a day or two you will have had enough.

I take it you avoid at all cost?

Yes, Pattaya Songkran is not for me.  Many expats specifically choose that week to vacation. Guys that stay here for 5-6 months a year get out of Dodge shortly before.

Can Songkran be fun?

I enjoyed Songkran on Samui where it lasts just 2 days and on Koh Lanta where it's just one day.  This is the hottest time of year and if you're drinking beer on a tropical island pouring warm buckets of water and shooting with weak water guns it can be fun. It was for me.

Can Songkran be fun in Pattaya?   

For 8 days, I'm not sure how it can be fun. But perhaps if the following was done it would be tolerable.

1) No buckets of water thrown in the face of people driving motorbikes.

2) Water play only during the day.  That's the rule but in practice not enforced.

3) Only water buckets and weak water guns. 

4) No ice cold water

5) Restrict water play to specific zones such as Soi 6 in the video above.  

The way it is now, no matter where you are in the Pattaya area you can get doused at any time perhaps ruining your phone and making it impossible to go to any air conditioned venue.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

It honestly wouldn't really improve the situation much.  I think after a day or two you will have had enough.

Yes, Pattaya Songkran is not for me.  Many expats specifically choose that week to vacation. Guys that stay here for 5-6 months a year get out of Dodge shortly before.

Can Songkran be fun?

I enjoyed Songkran on Samui where it lasts just 2 days and on Koh Lanta where it's just one day.  This is the hottest time of year and if you're drinking beer on a tropical island pouring warm buckets of water and shooting with weak water guns it can be fun. It was for me.

Can Songkran be fun in Pattaya?   

For 8 days, I'm not sure how it can be fun. But perhaps if the following was done it would be tolerable.

1) No buckets of water thrown in the face of people driving motorbikes.

2) Water play only during the day.  That's the rule but in practice not enforced.

3) Only water buckets and weak water guns. 

4) No ice cold water

5) Restrict water play to specific zones such as Soi 6 in the video above.  

The way it is now, no matter where you are in the Pattaya area you can get doused at any time perhaps ruining your phone and making it impossible to go to any air conditioned venue.

I get your point, about how ridiculous it gets.  Overkill would be a good term for it.  As BB King sang, The Thrill is Gone,  Heck, even the Purge only lasted 24 hours.

Don't tell Woody, how many guns were sold, for this one event.

Don't tell Woody, how many guns were sold, for this one event.

Good try, but did not work. With your gun mentality you may not realize that they squirt water:character00292:

As I have mentioned before, I did own a gun in my younger days to go deer shooting. Now I have trouble killing a fly. Some people develop, others dont.

Got rid of the gun when I stopped the habit of shooting things.

I find that where I live there is no need for self protection. Well not with a gun anyway.

• Like 1

I've never been into Songkran. I discovered it in another ladyboy forum after my fist trip in Thailand. I had found explainations in wikipedia. It's supposed to be a religious celebration.  "Traditionally, during this occasion, Thais return to their families and express reverence to their elders by anointing their hands with fragrant water, while acquiring merits through the act of offering food to the monks... In Pattaya, the festive atmosphere takes on a frenzied and sometimes extravagant tone, with a multitude of tourists and an influx of residents from Bangkok."

I regret that it has become a silly and violent carnival under the influence of foreign tourists. I will always avoid going to Thailand during Songkran for sure.

• Like 1