Pattaya Beer Garden is Open

deleted

Just now, bumblebee said:

Excellent, although I don’t think I spent as much time in it last trip as I used to do.  This sorta ties in with the music tread as they tended to play good sounds from our era:)  Roll on November…

Those videos are still playing! It honestly feels exactly as it did during my first trip to Patts.

The pic of the tables above is your spot, and where you and I first met. I believe that was summer of 2014.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Sylvester said:

Those videos are still playing! It honestly feels exactly as it did during my first trip to Patts.

The pic of the tables above is your spot, and where you and I first met. I believe that was summer of 2014.

At least something hasn’t changed much.  Yea it might well have been that summer, as it was the only time I have ever been in Pattaya in May and June.  Time to relive the good times again shortly now ;)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Zeppie said:

What kind of place is this.?  Looks very scenic and relaxed.  

It’s a reasonably priced semi outdoor bar and restaurant out on the water at the end of Beach Road and before you enter Walking Street.  Not sure if the bar complex is still there in front of the entrance.  Great option for a meet up over drinks and food without too many distractions except the sea and city lights :)

On 10/26/2022 at 2:11 AM, Zeppie said:

Looks like a nice place to take a date have a nice dinner and drinks and then go from there.  Thanks for pointing it out........

I've taken a girl there the morning after for breakfast/brunch with nice views out to sea. She hadn't been there before and liked it. Can be hot in direct sun though.

Screenshot 2022-10-27 07.10.12.png

Screenshot 2022-10-27 07.12.13.png

1370081921_Screenshot2022-10-2707_13_21.pngPics from their fb page.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, outsider said:

Is it mostly Thai and mass produced beers or do they offer any craft or nicer imports?

28 minutes ago, Soju said:

Not saying they don't but back in the day I don't recall any specialty beers. They have a Facebook page so they might have an alcohol list on there.

From facebook page:

Screenshot 2022-10-26 12.55.05.png

Screenshot 2022-10-26 12.59.04.png

• Like 4
9 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Looks like the pints and jugs are the same price as they were before Covid.  I was expecting them to have gone up by 10 or 20 Baht by now.  And the € just went over 38 today, it was 32 last time I was in town.  Happy days:) 

Guinness cheaper there than in Ireland?

13 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Guinness cheaper there than in Ireland?

Yeah, but it tastes like somebody dipped their sweaty socks in it. Absolutely vile, which is the case really in most places outside Ireland with Guinness. But to be fair, probably 50% of he pubs in Ireland also serve vile Guinness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guinness - like lager is a dead beer - once brewed and kegged or bottled that's it. My chums in Ireland used to tell me that Guinness in England was not as good as in Ireland and go all misty eyed drooling about it - even though it was all brewed at St. James. However if the landlord of the pub had not cleaned the beer pipes out regularly - that would taint it. Cheers !

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Quietguy said:

I thought 250 bt for a pint was relatively cheap. That would be about UK £5. Central London pubs would charge more than that. I thought some Dublin pubs would too. 

Ah yea, depends where you drink.  In my town I think it’s about €5.50 or so, 250 B comes in at about €6.70 ish.  

6 hours ago, Zeppie said:

Explain that Ciobha.  Why would it taste vile.  It's all made at the same brewer(s).

There are a few breweries around the world, the closest one to Thailand is in Malaysia.  The trick is in the storage as Quinn mentions,  and the pulling.  

• Like 3

Guinness stopped brewing in England in 2005. All Guinness is brewed with Liffey Watter (!) Ho Ho Ho. Except of course in Malaysia, USA and a few other countries. One of the largest consumers is Nigeria. Many years ago holidaying in Barbados very pleased to find bottled Guinness.

• Like 1