Pattaya Beer Garden is Open

deleted

Just now, Zeppie said:

Explain that Ciobha.  Why would it taste vile.  It's all made at the same brewer(s).

Not actually true Zeppie - the Guinness you would buy in Asia and even southern Europe is brewed in Nigeria, of all places. It is also a bit of a myth about the pipes, as any draught beer needs to have their pipes cleaned regularly it isn't the main reason for getting a foul pint of Guinness. The two key contributing factors are 1) Guinness does not react well to any tiny contaminate in the glass, so it is imperative they are cleaned thoroughly with a good quality liquid in the dishwasher, and 2) it needs to flow constantly from the keg, as it doesn't sit well. That is why pubs in Ireland that pull pints of Guinness pretty much all day long have a much better chance of serving a good pint.

Don't know much about whiskey or wine, but when it comes to Guinness, that is a different story. I worked in a bar in Ireland long enough, and have drank enough of it over the years to tell the difference between a good pint and a bad one, from about 3 centimetres down the glass.

• Like 4
22 hours ago, ciobha said:

Not actually true Zeppie - the Guinness you would buy in Asia and even southern Europe is brewed in Nigeria, of all places. It is also a bit of a myth about the pipes, as any draught beer needs to have their pipes cleaned regularly it isn't the main reason for getting a foul pint of Guinness. The two key contributing factors are 1) Guinness does not react well to any tiny contaminate in the glass, so it is imperative they are cleaned thoroughly with a good quality liquid in the dishwasher, and 2) it needs to flow constantly from the keg, as it doesn't sit well. That is why pubs in Ireland that pull pints of Guinness pretty much all day long have a much better chance of serving a good pint.

Don't know much about whiskey or wine, but when it comes to Guinness, that is a different story. I worked in a bar in Ireland long enough, and have drank enough of it over the years to tell the difference between a good pint and a bad one, from about 3 centimetres down the glass.

So you're telling me I have to travel all the way to Ireland to drink Guinness at it's best (hmm).  This is getting expensive!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1