Television - bingeworthy stuff

11 hours ago, deepthroat said:

What’s next? I’m thinking about either Breaking Bad

I watched first six or seven episodes of Breaking Bad but got bored with it.

I've watched first two episodes of 'The King' this week which seems promising. It's about the Governor of an Italian prison.

• Like 1
On 5/20/2022 at 2:45 PM, JustSumGai said:

ok, I had a lot of reactions to this, maybe I'll get in another post later but I was watching a channel I find really interesting and somewhat unique (it's binge worthy btw :)  Rick Beato, a music scholar...he did production in the 80s a LOT, and he plays pro stuff note for note, breaks down what makes a song great, and lots of other things but the new one is with an author and scholar (Rick covered his article in the NY Times...why old music is killing new music). I think many of you would find it interesting and be going YES! thru it.  At one point they talk about how he predicted the downfall of Netflix and Spotify and he states and almost NONE of the 6000 (not anymore) 4000 titles they carry are OLDER THAN TEN YEARS.  Proof of the above statement that Amazon seems set up for only younger people. I strongly encourage anyone who LOVES music and even movie and has been watching as businessmen eviscerate both forms to watch this. Plus it's fun to watch Rick and his two buddies argue about stuff like "you think an SG is Gibson's STRAT???" haha.

I have been watching his videos. He knows his stuff

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2022 at 8:59 AM, Quietguy said:

I've watched first two episodes of 'The King' this week which seems promising. It's about the Governor of an Italian prison.

Finished The King (Il Re), good unexpected ending.

I've watched the first three episodes of Blocco 181 this week. Another Italian series with drugs and gangs, set in Milan. Not as violent as Gomorrah so far - only knives and baseball bats, no guns.

The competing gangs are Milanese and South American, with an interwoven threesome Romeo(s) and Juliet plot. 

Screenshot 2022-06-25 10.45.02.png

• Like 2

I have to repeat my suggestion to try Reacher on Amazon Prime...it's a series and NOT the dwarf cruise. Main guy is amazing and creates a fascinating character.  It's an engaging who done what? where and WHY? kinda thing with some humor slipped in. So bingeworthy I'll probably watch it again soon.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I haven't watched any of those, except Viking Valhalla. and Luther the Fallen Sun.

But I have watched all four seasons of Fauda on Netflix over the last month. It's about an undercover Israeli intelligence/security unit operating in the Palestinian West Bank. Quite topical at the moment. If you take into account it's made by Israeli tv, so is obviously skewed to their point of view, it is quite a good action series.

I've started watching Hit and Run which features the same lead actor as Fauda. 

• Like 2
On 5/8/2022 at 6:23 PM, deepthroat said:

The Wire was excellent......very enjoyable

Breaking Bad..is long but interesting and was a big hit.

Yellowstone is very good.......the first 3 series, after that it really lost its imagination IMO.  But first 3 were excellent.

On 12/13/2023 at 2:53 PM, Zeppie said:

The Wire was excellent

if pressed to name just one show, I'd probably say that The Wire is my all time favorite.

The data released by Netflix shows The Night Agent as their favorite show.  Only one season, ten episodes so far. I watched the series twice and think most of you will enjoy it.