Papa Sam

38 minutes ago, Papa Sam said:

TreeTown today...

Regarding Papa Sam's video in which Hazmat suited enforcers are seen at the entrance, I heard that "restaurants" serving over 100 people a day have been ordered by the Chonburi governor to require a Covid test result from the last 72 hours or do on site testing.

In order to have a drink you need a swab up ya nose?   :bad:  I'll pass on that one.

What happens if you are positive?  Can you just walk away or are you whisked off to a quarantine facility?

11 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Regarding Papa Sam's video in which Hazmat suited enforcers are seen at the entrance, I heard that "restaurants" serving over 100 people a day have been ordered by the Chonburi governor to require a Covid test result from the last 72 hours or do on site testing.

In order to have a drink you need a swab up ya nose?   :bad:  I'll pass on that one.

It could be worse PD, at least it's not up ya ass :biggrin:

• Haha 2

A 72 year old British citizen was found dead this morning January 7, 2022, lying on the floor beside a 24-storey condominium building.

He stayed in room 1601 on the 16th floor of a 24-storey condominium in central Pattaya. Inside the room, a packet of chocolate and liquor was found on the table.

The gentleman, named Mr Tim XXX, XXX,  had suffered from a congenital desease.

585093.jpg

585094.jpg

S__23789571.jpg

https://www.naewna.com/local/627024

https://www.komchadluek.net/news/500074

R.I.P.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Pattaya is running out of ATK test kits:

Mr Manoch Nongyai, Deputy Mayor of Pattaya City TSNBg3wSBdng7ijMhwXLJprntKzMmMylG4gDsddC

said that there's a shortage of ATK test kits because before the New Year festival, when the infection rate was much lower, entrepreneurs stopped importing ATK test kits...

However, due to the rapidly spreading epidemic situation after the New Year's festival, people's demand for ATK test kits has increased, resulting in a shortage of products.

"The more news about the epidemic is released, the more ATKs are needed and therefore they are now in short supply. Everyone wants to check if they have the virus or not.”

TSNBg3wSBdng7ijMhwXLJprntKzMmM98QzSSRoDx

After January 15, more imported ATK test kits will be available for people in Pattaya - Bang Lamung.

https://news.thaipbs.or.th/content/311407

Translated from Thai into English via Google Translate so please bear with me...

Pattaya reinforces strict ATK checks for employees and guests

On January 7, Pol. Col. Kulchat Kulchai, Superintendent of the Pattaya City Police Station, together with representatives from the Public Health Office, had a meeting with entertainment venue operators in Pattaya to clarify the strictness of ATK inspections on the part of operators, shop staff and tourists alike.

Entrepreneurs have allegedly opened their venues beyond the time limit and they are disobeying the order of the Governor.

Warning from the Pattaya City Police to the bar-restaurant operators:

Any venue that breaks the law will face serious consequences as the matter will then be presented to the provincial Governor and the shop will be closed permanently. 

45E76B63D7C8357624FFBAA9C72306B8.jpeg

https://www.posttoday.com/social/local/672432

Translated from Thai into English via Google Translate so please bear with me...

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

So on what date does the 9PM cutoff rather than 11PM cutoff commence?

Probably only a concession for allowing entertainment venues to open on January 16th..

I'm a little bit surprised that they didn't change the closing time for bar-restaurants. Do they really believe people will sit from 9 pm - midnight in a bar without drinking alcohol?

I'm also surprised that they allow karaoke bars and other entertainment venues to open soon, despite the rise in omicron cases, particularly in Chonburi...

• Like 1

A farang wielding a knife was arrested by Pattaya police this afternoon:

f699b561af943368962234f0fcb0e6be70a0b3f0

ef6169df38da36e335dcd4d14a296b82e8bac813

f64f43f5ee04e2516f38404453e8628d66763d0c

63a43743247b5a805454f32969b4b88d9dbec99b

A farang, wearing a white T-shirt, shorts, no shoes, but holding a sharp knife in his hands, was arrested today in Pattaya.

When the farang saw the police officers, he ran away. The police was able to detain him in the apartment area of the Soi. He dropped the knife  while trying to escape.

Police discovered an iPhone 13 and some cash. His nationality is unclear. Police officers detained him at Pattaya City Police Station for further investigation.

https://siamrath.co.th/n/312407

• Like 1