Rides 4 Kickz

duke007

Lucas posted a pretty good video dealing with renewing a retirement visa.  Interestingly he opted to pay an agent who charges 6K baht even though he has the 800K in the bank and seemingly no special issues for which Immigration would knock him back.  He's done more difficult things without an agent such as renewing a driver's license.   So I'm thinking maybe the agent is a friend who didn't charge him since he is giving free publicity to visa agent.  The fee was 8000 baht.  If he went to Jomtien with the same paperwork it would be 1900.   The fee would have been higher if he didn't have either 800K in a Thai bank or 65K baht retirement income every month deposited into a Thai bank.  

He also does a review of condo rentals in a new building on the Darkside.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2022 at 5:53 PM, Pdoggg said:

Lucas posted a pretty good video dealing with renewing a retirement visa.  Interestingly he opted to pay an agent who charges 6K baht even though he has the 800K in the bank and seemingly no special issues for which Immigration would knock him back.  He's done more difficult things without an agent such as renewing a driver's license.   So I'm thinking maybe the agent is a friend who didn't charge him since he is giving free publicity to visa agent.  The fee was 8000 baht.  If he went to Jomtien with the same paperwork it would be 1900.   The fee would have been higher if he didn't have either 800K in a Thai bank or 65K baht retirement income every month deposited into a Thai bank.  

He also does a review of condo rentals in a new building on the Darkside.

I was quoted 12k for renewal (without money in the bank) so I guess 4k for the loan of it is a pretty good deal.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 4/15/2023 at 5:27 PM, Pdoggg said:

Vee (Lucas' girlfriend) passed away.  RIP and sincere condolences.

Yes, very sad

I had not watched his videos for some time. Not my cup of tea. But to hear of his girl passing away really hurt. Her path to the end was similar to Stoolpusher,(Brett), but a lot longer. Cancer is just a vicious disease and liver cancer is one of the really bad ones.

As I was a long distance from Bretts last few days, it was sort of a remote feeling but none the less hurt just the same. Cobber 32 went through the process from a much closer distance which must have been even harder for him.

Sometimes you just have to pause and be thankful that we are in the main, healthy and not going through what these people have done. Even though Brett's passing was some 19 months ago I am sure that when Cobber 32 and I meet again in a few weeks that we will remember Brett with a few drinks.

I have said it before and will say it again. Brett's passing affected me like few others have.

• Like 3