Rides 4 Kickz

duke007

23 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

I wish Betsy was at the Irish pub!  Went to an Irish pub tonight in my neighborhood where a good band was playing.  Fun times but Betsy wasn't there either.

A bit of a fook up there :crazy:

Here we go :biggrin:

IMG_20220510_145005.jpg

• Like 1

Lucas fell into the trap of staying at Khlong Khong Beach which is the ugliest beach I've ever seen especially at low tide.  I know it well as the missus had a massage business there in the high season a few years back.   Since everyone knows each other, the major websites and publications run by the local expats don't reveal the true extent of the ugliness and instead position it as an affordable backpacker's haven.  Freedom Bar, perhaps the most popular bar on the island is on Klong Khong Beach and you can buy 420 there to have along with your beer.  I think many people with prepaid reservations are quite disappointed when they see the beach for the first time.

I recommend Long Beach (Phra Ae Beach) for most people. It's just 3 kilometers north of the ugly beach in the video and is a very nice straight beach and lots of bars and restaurants on the main road.  KoHub, probably the best and friendliest coworking space in Southeast Asia is in Long Beach. It's been closed for Covod and re-open in high season, probably this November. https://kohub.org/  There is a crescent beach more beautiful down south but it is probably too isolated for most.

On Long Beach I recommend https://www.lantagardenhill.com/ for either apartments or bungalows.  Afew years ago,a really cute ladyboy was working at reception there.

Watched a couple of Super Bowls at the Irish Embassy and they had a quiz night every Monday, but I hear 90% of the businesses are closed.   https://irishpubskrabi.com/koh-lanta/

Note, this is not a good island for mongering although there are a few bars with bargirls and some dodgy massage.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, duke007 said:

IMG_20220524_130631.jpg

Unlike some Vloggers, Lucas adapts quickly and gets out of Khlong Khong Beach to the splendid Long Beach where I used to live. The island is very seasonal and great bargains can be found from May-Oct during rainy season.  The Southwest monsoon makes Lanta much rainier than Pattaya.  I hear this low season is super slow due to Covid.  Nice island, but not great for mongers although there is a very small pocket of P4P activity but not a great choice of partners.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2022 at 10:00 PM, Pdoggg said:

Lucas fell into the trap of staying at Khlong Khong Beach 

43 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Unlike some Vloggers, Lucas adapts quickly and gets out of Khlong Khong Beach

So Lucas didn't fall into a trap after all :biggrin:

The best thing about Travel is experiencing different things imho, whether they be mostly good or sometimes bad... B)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, duke007 said:

So Lucas didn't fall into a trap after all :biggrin:

It's a trap that many fall into because of the unwillingness of Koh Lanta websites to tell the truth about Khlong Khong Beach. People who booked an unrefundable week on Khlong Beach are fooked if they care about being on a pretty beach.  For those who don't want the pricey accomodation on South and Central Long Beach, northern Long Beach is cheaper and the beach just as nice.  Northern Long Beach has a backpacker vibe.

It appears though that Lucas didn't prebook Khlong Khong and Vee looked at the room and said it was OK.  My guess is she just wanted to get a room quickly; maybe she had to take a shit or a shower, I dunno and Lucas may have figured it was best to just go along her.