Busted in Bangkok.. TV Documentary

duke007

• 2 weeks later...

I've watched episodes 2 and 3 now. Episode 3 features a US guy who had an accident on motorbike taxi in Phuket. The airline wouldn't let him board return flight unless he had a CT scan to show he didn't have any swelling on brain which might cause an anyeurism on flight. He didn't have medical insurance to cover the £400 ct scan fee and had to get money wired to him by family. The scan showed there was some swelling and he had to stay in Phuket for another 10 days before he was allowed on flight home.

Lesson is take out medical insurance.

The program said there are 62 road accident deaths in Thailand every day, of which two thirds are people on motorbikes.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

tracked down and watched that series, more than alcohol it seems that being TOTALLY CLUELESS is the problem.  Like the girl who has a panic attack before departure.  Wtf? if you KNOW you are prone to these why travel to such a busy place AND she says she usually cures it by breathing into a bag, did she have such an important device handy. NO.  Then the raft of twits that go to party spots with all their sh*t and then the passport, phone, and money comes up missing and they can't get out of the airport. Frankly I think many of these just don't plan at all, have NO willpower and like you say, drink too much. But LOTS of em are just plain clueless with no idea how the world works.

• Like 1

Thats what I said. Take alcohol out and there is not much left. Could be just the way the doc is made, concentrating on the drunken fools. If those people could see what they looked like once they are sober, I wonder if it would change their behaviour?. I suspect not.

As to taking your passport out when you hit the town. No way!. I know its the law, but a copy is all I would take with me. Trust me, the trouble that is caused if it is lost is more than you would want. Lock it up. MIne was stolem out of my bag left in the hotel room!. After costing me about $500.00 to replace it, it miraculously appeared. Luckily I had a few days before I had to fly home. The first story given to me was that it was under the bed. Yeah sure!. Considering the bed had a solid base!. The second was that it was on top of the beer fridge. More than likely the management convinced the cleaner to return it.

• Like 1