The Euro

JaiDee

Curious to know what you guys think about the sinking Euro....it was below 130 to the US dollar today for the first time since early summer and seems to be fading fast. The PIGS, pourtgal, Ireland, greece and spain, seem to be fucking things up for everyone, especially the Germans who surely wish they were back on the Mark right about now.

Very frustrating for some of us who trade currencies.....I [painfully] remember the times when it was 142 and 145 to the dollar, including my month-long [and quite expensive!] trip there in summer of 2007 with my daughter. Will we ever see those types of exchanges again?

Curious to know what you guys think about the sinking Euro....it was below 130 to the US dollar today for the first time since early summer and seems to be fading fast. The PIGS, pourtgal, Ireland, greece and spain, seem to be fucking things up for everyone, especially the Germans who surely wish they were back on the Mark right about now.

Very frustrating for some of us who trade currencies.....I [painfully] remember the times when it was 142 and 145 to the dollar, including my month-long [and quite expensive!] trip there in summer of 2007 with my daughter. Will we ever see those types of exchanges again?

jadee...forget it,those days will never come...i remember the days the euro was

53.40baht...those were the days...

I have been watching the exchange rate with interest now that I am in Cambodia and using dollars. Finally I am getting an income here so the exchange rate is not much of a concern, but yes in general it seems 2012 will be an expensive time in Los and elsewhere for those of us like Panic who remember the good old days.

From the news I've been following it seems like it's going to get worse there in the eurozone before it gets better, if it ever does. I guess they have to eventually decide if certain smaller less "protestant ethic" countries have to be jettisoned from the alliance, or if Germany will control other countries policies.

The EuroZone was a good idea at the time provided the members were all on (more or less) equal footing. But they weren't as history shows. AND as they let more and more poorer countries into the union the shared footing got more and more slippery and disproportionate .

Historically the countries of Europe never trusted one another so it baffles me why they would come together as ONE under an economic umbrella and suddenly share a common love for one another and interest. Dumb ass idea in my opinion but then again I ain't no Kenneth Galbraith.

Germany is a power house once again and they feel they are deserving. Take heed. It was only 72 years okay they felt the same. It is not necessarily one wacko that upsets the world as we know it. It's the situation the one wacko finds himself in and is able to exploit.

That's my piece for the day. :growl:

Otherwise have a good New Year everyone. :drinks: