Guess Bar Update

rxpharm

I am sure some guys will be happy to see who is there now.  Thanks for the update Juri, so you do take your camera out of the room sometimes. :pic:

They are not Juri's pics and they are at least one month old.     I thought better of the guys here - but maybe not.  

The fact that half a dozen forum guys have lost in pure cash 700,000b let alone the value of a business worth 5,000,000b by its P/E ratios seems lost on many.      Those are the cold hard LOSSES.

Forget the spin from Noon - she ain't even running things now - its a family cash grab plain and simple.  Her step father is in one of the pics behind the bar as she has no clue what to do.   her family are much smarter to grab it.   

The fact that half a dozen forum guys have lost in pure cash 700,000b let alone the value of a business worth 5,000,000b by its P/E ratios seems lost on many      Those are the cold hard LOSSES.

Not on me it doesnt, I have friends too and they didnt even receive an apology for their loss from what Ive heard

btw...Have you been on the liquor dear boy? :biggrin:

They are not Juri's pics and they are at least one month old.     I thought better of the guys here - but maybe not.  

you right, thats pics made by the bar and they want me to post...so i did, without any comment as you see....but at least its actual cause without one girl* all are present in that time...

and with the bar-scene its same than with food, whats for one tastey is for the next less than prison-food, so its needless to rank or comment bars anyway....everbody have to find out for himself whats his kinda taste, and the rainbow belongs from hi-boss to cascade.....or more...

Not on me it doesnt, I have friends too and they didnt even receive an apology for their loss from what Ive heard

btw...Have you been on the liquor dear boy? :biggrin:

I am not sure what your commenting on re an apology?   Noon certainly has not appologised to anyone at least as far as I know- although some of the other shareholders have gone into speak with her.   As far as she is concerned, they are not owed one cent.    Ironically, these guys were some of the higher spending customers in the bar.   Now, they hardly ever darken its door.       

Wow! I haven't got on this thread in a while. And haven't been to GB in a few months, maybe almost a year, so I had no idea it wasn't so cool anymore. 

I talked to Bee a few weeks ago and she mentioned that she stopped working there, but wouldn't tell me why...

Sad. Hope it turns around. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JustSumGai

maybe it's me but I don't care.  It's a building. With some ladyboys. What I wonder is how you take sole ownership of a business away from farang owner/founder? 

Even IF you could have a good size core group of well known and love ladyboys who came together to own and run THE LB Bar of all time, it would still have to go thru location changes, shakedowns and all the other bullshit that contributes to the demise of a bar like this. They're a bit generic to me, tho Darkside with Chris there and holding court seems the front runner for the moment. But some day he'll move on, leave it to someone else to manage, the intrigues and treachery will ramp up and well, you know. 

In the end, bout the only thing I feel I can do to help TRY to ensure a good biz stays good is frequent it. Almost exclusively.  Are any of the Nana LB bars owned by anthing but Thai owners? 

I'm starting to think a ladyboy CLUB on a barge, or something floating (there's a house on the Chao Praya that would do well for this, floating, Moored to shore, abandoned looking) would be a good way to go. Remove the obvious business angle on it. Private club, membership only. Newbs would have to enter WITH a member. Do you have to have a Thai involved in a private club? Call it an expats club, anything. 

If it involves money, membership fees, etc. you can be sure that Thai authorities will not let it operate without interference.

As far as how can a Thai take over ownership from a Farang - in the first place the Farang never had 100% ownership of the business. In the 2nd, it is Thailand - it is a simple matter for them to prepare fake documents to make it appear that the other partner gave up or sold their shares - even if contrary to the facts.

JustSumGai - remember it's their country and their rules.

• Upvote 2

I'm starting to think a ladyboy CLUB on a barge, or something floating (there's a house on the Chao Praya that would do well for this, floating, Moored to shore, abandoned looking) would be a good way to go. Remove the obvious business angle on it. Private club, membership only. Newbs would have to enter WITH a member. Do you have to have a Thai involved in a private club? Call it an expats club, anything. 

I am not so sure it can work, I mean financially sustainable.

How many will enroll and pay the membership fee and the (probably) higher drinks etc?

Is there such a a market out we do not know about?

I know the market is not made by what we read, ie people negotiatiin 100 baht out of 700 for a ST, but these are the "resident" and core market. The otehr market, the spenders, are probably more occasional and do not go deep into the information. They just go to the well known places thinking that (the offer)  is it.

For these I mean NEP gogo's, PatPong.. maybe Guess, maybe.... as friends told them or they read NEP hosts a lot of opportunities.

This makes the other "minor" (or less known/popular) bars struggle to enter the market and get their share.

It was one night only, but Ladyboy Pier was a big hit down in Snooky!

post-45-0-60329400-1378225226_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-71478100-1378225230_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-51458700-1378225235_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-43405500-1378225239_thumb.jpg

Guest JustSumGai

Well, in a sense what we have here IS the club. Pig, I remember those posts :) Snooky no? We have a roving, nomadic LB Gentlemans Club. Meetings will take place at Sensations soon :) (I wish I could make it but that's too warm here still so I must work to ensure I have the fuel for the fun machine). My dream is of a stable place, always there, Improving over the years, becoming legand, A place your kids might to to chase ladyboys :)  I know...impossible given the situation, some local would steal it, a condo would go up on the site, etc. The FCC in Phnom Penh has been there since the 60s or before. The Atlanta in Bangkok is an institution. (now that place looks amazing in the pics, one of us should stay there and review it, cept for one thing STRONG anti sex tourist policy. but looks like a winner for a few days break for recuperating). So I guess the best we could do is what we do now. Only even HERE there are takeovers and site moves and such. Remember TLF. I wonder HOW MANY guys enttered the scene thru that good ol forum. 

I propose we organize the Mobile Ladyboy Appreciation Society. First up, identifiers o we can recognize each other and give the club salute. I think a nice red Fez like SlimJim used to have on his classic avatar !!! Bands of roving fun seekers roaming Bkk and Patts in The Fez!!!  I can see it now. Beats the Raccoon Lodge headgear, that'd be too hot. what say you Brother PigDog?

Guest JustSumGai

hmm, club PRO shop ! supplying Fez's, t shirts, bit Thermos mugs to keep yer drink cold while roving. 

see? if we had a stable location we could employ a massuesse to rub our aching parts before we charge out into the night again. FREE short time rooms ! Barfine would go to needy girls and their families. I know it's impossible but I still love the idea hahaha

maybe it's me but I don't care.  It's a building. With some ladyboys. What I wonder is how you take sole ownership of a business away from farang owner/founder? 

Even IF you could have a good size core group of well known and love ladyboys who came together to own and run THE LB Bar of all time, it would still have to go thru location changes, shakedowns and all the other bullshit that contributes to the demise of a bar like this. They're a bit generic to me, tho Darkside with Chris there and holding court seems the front runner for the moment. But some day he'll move on, leave it to someone else to manage, the intrigues and treachery will ramp up and well, you know. 

In the end, bout the only thing I feel I can do to help TRY to ensure a good biz stays good is frequent it. Almost exclusively.  Are any of the Nana LB bars owned by anthing but Thai owners? 

Besides dark side, Cascade, Voodoo, Obsession, Temptaions, Cockatoo are all farang owned bars. Not sure about the others, King's Castle or Casanova.

• 2 weeks later...

welcome back to Guess Bar please write your comments good or bad as we wish to improve our service to all of you , please let us know what you would like to see

so we can bring a better service as we have been quiet for so long , our biggest poster before is no longer here , as you all know there is 2 sides to the story , but we are here to provide a service to you all.

please feel free to rejoin us, you will not be sorry, normal service is back again , please keep tuned here many special night are planned .

many thanks to all that keep coming back to guess bar and all those that will visit because of this good FORUM

Attached Images

• Upvote 2