First time in BKK what to do? Including overcoming shyness

Theloz

Hi everyone,

Finally came around to make a profile here instead of 'lurking' only.

I will be in BKK next week. I have been to BKK before and I have been with ladyboys before. I am quite young and being very shy and uncomfortable with the whole thing (in the open, not in bed mind you :D) I mostly managed through badoo or thaifriendly. However I would very much like to go to Nana or any bars really. Do you guys have any advice whatsoever? I guess I am not the only one to have been through this... I literally would have no clue what to do once in a bar, I would just feel like I m out of place I guess. Maybe massages are a better option?

I will be staying in a condo apartment, maybe it's relevant?

Thanks for any input!

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Theloz said:

.. I literally would have no clue what to do once in a bar, 

Order a drink would be a good idea  .. stare into space for half and hour and then take the good looking flat chested Femboy with the panty bulge before guys like me arrive

• Upvote 1

Mate, I totally understand.  It comes down to a simple choice:  to get pissed, or not get pissed?  These bars are hard work if you're sober and a bit shy.  My advice is get liquored up, and stroll in like John Wayne.  Or, stay  away and use badoo  and thaifriendly.

I've grown to detest the bars.  But it was fun growing.

• Upvote 3

we all have gone through it . maybe Nana Plaza is not the place for a first timer (IMO ) the Ladyboys can be very pushy in there but the rules of the game in Nana is if you sit down in one of the bars you have to buy a drink, but feel free to have a look. May I suggest the Why Not Bar , the staff are not pushy and most are stunners , have a look at the Whynot thread the address to the joint is on the thread and easy to find. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks a lot for the advice! Yeah I wouldn t be too fond of  the pushiness but wouldn't really mind having a good look in real life instead of through a screen. That's the main reason why I'd like to check bars out, along with a  personal challenge to self. But hey at the end of the day what matters is getting the biz done :D  

Will probably get liquored up and check why not out then :cool:

Just now, sustra2 said:

depends on the quality of the biz.....the less shy in the open....the more you will enjoy...nobody will judge you

You're absolutely right, and that's why I've shied away from bars mostly... it will be some kind a learning curve in my case, it's like I don't care much for what happens before leaving the venue with the girl, but damn I see what's going on and wouldn't mind joining in the party!:drinks:

2 hours ago, stoolpusher said:

we all have gone through it . maybe Nana Plaza is not the place for a first timer (IMO ) the Ladyboys can be very pushy in there but the rules of the game in Nana is if you sit down in one of the bars you have to buy a drink, but feel free to have a look. May I suggest the Why Not Bar , the staff are not pushy and most are stunners , have a look at the Whynot thread the address to the joint is on the thread and easy to find. 

Found the thread and it is a gold mine. Bo really would do it for me! What a cutie. Also far from meaning it as a critique, I also noticed the age range of customers to be very different from mine (I'm 28), for some reason I'm a bit at odds with that. Is that the case in most places?

I didnt find Thailand until a little later in life maybe late 30's, which was probably a blessing!!!  I know I did feel a bit awkward walking around and out of the bar with a LB on my arm.  At fist you feel as though everyone is staring at you but thats not true.  Some might be looking at you.  If its guys, they probably wish it was THEM who had a hot LB on their arm instead of you.  As for the Thais they have seen it all before.

I am not certain getting blind drunk is that great an idea though. Yeah a little alcohol will lower inhibitions but I am not a huge drinker anyway.

Havent been to Why Not but would like to have a look.  I have heard some good things about it.  just go have a look and talk to the manager/owners.  That might be a good start.

Also it might be good to continue using ThaiFriendly but that might be wrought with perils as you never really know what you are going to get.....

• Upvote 1

I'm sure everyone was nervous at first I know I was , but it was more an erotic nervous excitement .

Have a few light ales before to shake your inhibitions and go for it .

Before you know it you'll be taking in the night air with someone on your arm a foot taller than you in 8 inch heels like it was the most natural thing in the world 

• Upvote 1

I think Why Not Bar is a good suggestion for a starters.

The first time I went into Cascade (now Charades) in Nana Plaza I was overwhelmed by all the LBs staring, asking to sit with me and pointing at me asking for a drink.. I was so blown away I quickly drank my beer and left. Most of the other Nana bars are the same pressure wise. But now since I've been there and done that I walk into Charades, sip my beer, look at the LBs and ignore their drink requests unless I find one I really like. You just have to learn to conrol the situation. You will get it after a few times.

While I wouldn't suggesting getting really drunk a few beers usually helps loosen my mood.

• Upvote 2

Having been in Obsessions and Cascades last December the pressure in those 2 bars is not as much as it used to be. I have read reports that Chili Bar is quite high pressure. Not so sure about Casanova and Temptations. If you like postops, Straps has a number of beauties, a bit more pressure than Obsessions, Cascades, but not as much as Chili Bar.

Something else you could try is try to arrange to meet up with a wingman - preferably someone with experience in the NEP lb bar scene. Also as a few guys have mentioned, not a good idea to get too drunk. It makes you more likely to have problems.

• Upvote 2