Alis Back At LaBamba?

pdogg

BumbleBee reports that Alis was at Ciobha's birthday bash at LaBamba. You can see a pic in the Thread dealing with that party.

It's a bit unclear if her appearance is a one off or whether she's back.

If she's back LaBamba is sure a spot for size queens to check out with Nancy also there.

Any other well hung girls at LaBamba?

If anyone knows the scoop about Ali's, please post.

Sorry, PD, she was just there at the request of a mischievous BM wanting to stir up a little excitement...

I will also say that I've never known Alis well, never having been in the same room with her for any period of time until that night (she also came with us to Famous), and I gotta say... I think I'm a fan!

She seems one cool-ass lady... Wouldn't mind partying some more with her fo sho...!

• Upvote 1

Alis is now working at Obsesssions as of about three weeks ago, however the door is open for her to reurn to LaBamba I have been told by both Nok and Alis, having spoken to them both about it recently. Nok is actually quite keen to bring her back as mamasan, seeing as Nancy will return to BKK soon after her short stay helping her friend Nok. Alis however, although tempted to return has said she does not want to go back as mamasan, because in her own words "when mamasan can not go with cussomer"

Actually it would be interesting to hear the views of the members on an Alis return, given the recent history most of us know about. Would you be in favour or have a problem with this?

• Upvote 1

Great question!

I got to hang with Alis for an hour or so a couple of years back when she was nearing the end of her tenure at La Bamba, and I found her to be truly unique and interesting. Her sense of style and design was amazing, and she showed me she was equally talented at dancing. I just did a quick search of "alis dancing" and found that the video I posted to YouTube 2 years ago came up immediately:

When it became known a few months later that Sam (at that time the absentee farang "owner" of La Bamba) had been burglarized at the exact same time that Alis was starting her own bar, I was all for excommunicating her from the ranks. The break-in and stolen equipment had obviously been done by Alis and the materials even turned up in use at her bar shortly thereafter, or so I remember.

But with the passing of time, I find I'm not as absolute in my beliefs about much of anything anymore. And I certainly can't speak for Sam or Alis and have no information regarding what actually went down between them when Sam shuttered the club and Alis was without employment.

With all that said, I'd probably be more than happy to see her turn up in the lineup at my favorite LB bar this February when I return. If I could chose between Sindy, Nok and Alis I'd be dumbfounded trying to make a final selection and would probably have to draw straws or flip coins.

Count me as a "yes".

• Upvote 2

I like Alis and have always got on quite well with her.

Whatever work environme suits her is fine with me.

My buddy Sam appears to have gone AWOL, not sure what's up with him.k

Different girls have different strengths. Some are better off in Gogos, some in beer bars.

An example of a ladyboy who found her niche is Belle being at Luxor, a one pole beer bar where she can be a featured dancer.

It was interesting to see her back in the familiar settings on L B. I get the impression she would be welcomed back if she ever made any approaches in that direction. A big draw for the bar also, along with Nancy, what a double act. :rolleyes:

I agree about the "double act" , Alis breaking one in before Nancy had her way, Heaven :rolleyes:

That Nancy looks a bit of a sort still, any recent reports on her and her bludgeon pole? :shok: Have any of you fellas put you posterior on the line in the cause of forum research. :p

Move on, nothing to see here. :huh::o my lips are tightly closed. (which is more than can be said about my arse)

• 3 weeks later...

To answer the original question, I read something on another forum that indicated Nok had said they had been approached by a former long-time employee but they weren't going to bring her back because they weren't sure the chemistry would work.

I think that's very wise of Nok, if it's true. I'm not saying it is, I'm just saying I read it.

She has assembled a fantastic staff and as I understand it, they all are true team players and don't get upset about guys butterflying because it's understood by Nok and all of her staff that if the customer is happy the bar will prosper and a rising tide floats all boats.

Very enlightened. Nok deserves more credit than she gets.

Indeed ET, I certainly enjoyed my time with Nnacy, a really nice girl with a great attitude and wicked sense of humour. And she was very gentle with me,most of the time - I won't go in to details about our last night together, suffice to say I found it difficult to sit for a few days afterwards. Great to see you posting over here among friends, and hope to catch up with you again in Patts.

DT, I agree, Nok indeed deserves a lot of credit for the way Labamba is run. She and Cindy are still very good friends with Alis, and I reckon there could be a return at some stage in the future, but who knows.