Corner Bar Farewell Party 10/31 7PM

DownLoLarry

Thomas and Michael's Farewell Party will be held on Halloween, October 31st at 7PM.

All customer drinks 50 baht. That includes Long island Ice Teas, huge margaritas etc. Lady/boy drinks are 70 baht again including all the exotic drinks.

No grub but i think 50 baht drinks will draw a big crowd.

The new Belgian owners, a man and a lady, will be there so you'll get a chance to say hi to the new owners and goodbye to Mike and Thomas.

There will also be a Halloween costume contest for the staff with first prize being 500 baht. Ning says she'll be wearing a bra and panties. :p

This is one party I will regretfully miss :(

Here's being hopeful the new owners can keep the cool momentum going which Michael and Thomas created.

Hope all in attendance have a spiffing time and can take and post a few pictures for the rest of us, just for old times' sake.

Michael and Thomas will be missed. They ran a great bar. Do you know if the new owners are going to keep the bar in the right direction?

Yeah, I'll miss Crabby if/when I ever get back there. He had a lot of right ideas on how to build and maintain a loyal customer base.

Gave the place a try last night by christ they know how to mix a drink :friends:

They give you double shots of any alcohol in a mixed drink for the same or less than anyone else sells mixed drinks with one shot. Their full bore margaritas were so strong, we got them to make a 2/3s strength one for 2/3s the price.

There are many varying tastes when it comes to beer, but to me that Heineken draft they sell is the best beer I've ever tasted. I'm not a big beer drinker though, so the hard core Irish beer drinkers may not agree.

Hopefully the Belgians will do the same. If they are smart they won't make many if any changes. When a bar has a winning formula no sense messing with it.

I sure as hell hope those Belgians don't try selling that Belgian beer slop they're known for. Terrible stuff for sure.

Yes the margaritas at Corner Bar have to be the best I've ever enjoyed. I put a few of those away in the past. With each one the neighborhood femboys got more and more innard-resting. :)

I remember sitting with Michael one night at the bar and ordered a margarita from Aun. For some reason that night Aun was in a hellish mood. She was grumpy, pissed and fit to be tied. As Michael and I were engaged in mindless banter Aun mixed the margarita and banged it down on the counter in front of me. I took a sip and nearly gagged. Michael was surprised and asked what the matter was. I told him to take a taste, which he did and then he too was choking. We called Aun over and asked what she used to make the margarita. She pointed to the bottles of lime, tequila, triple sec, etc. Seemed normal except the margarita tasted like licorice. Then I noticed a bottle of Pernod next to the tequila bottle. I told her she must have accidentally grabbed the wrong bottle. She denied the accusation and was insulted. Michael back away not wanting to support my thesis. (he is not stupid, hahahaha) I asked Aun to taste it so I could prove my point and she declined in her huffy manner. She then grabbed the glass and pour the contents down the drain and mixed another. That was the only time I ever saw Aun in a foul mood and it ain't pretty. I would not want to be on the end of her wrath when she goes to that dark place. Michael knew that and graciously bowed out of the debate.

In any event, I miss Corner Bar, I miss Aun and Ning, I miss the margaritas and I certainly miss my Corner Bar pals.

I sure as hell hope those Belgians don't try selling that Belgian beer slop they're known for. Terrible stuff for sure.

Yes the margaritas at Corner Bar have to be the best I've ever enjoyed. I put a few of those away in the past. With each one the neighborhood femboys got more and more innard-resting. :)

I remember sitting with Michael one night at the bar and ordered a margarita from Aun. For some reason that night Aun was in a hellish mood. She was grumpy, pissed and fit to be tied. As Michael and I were engaged in mindless banter Aun mixed the margarita and banged it down on the counter in front of me. I took a sip and nearly gagged. Michael was surprised and asked what the matter was. I told him to take a taste, which he did and then he too was choking. We called Aun over and asked what she used to make the margarita. She pointed to the bottles of lime, tequila, triple sec, etc. Seemed normal except the margarita tasted like licorice. Then I noticed a bottle of Pernod next to the tequila bottle. I told her she must have accidentally grabbed the wrong bottle. She denied the accusation and was insulted. Michael back away not wanting to support my thesis. (he is not stupid, hahahaha) I asked Aun to taste it so I could prove my point and she declined in her huffy manner. She then grabbed the glass and pour the contents down the drain and mixed another. That was the only time I ever saw Aun in a foul mood and it ain't pretty. I would not want to be on the end of her wrath when she goes to that dark place. Michael knew that and graciously bowed out of the debate.

In any event, I miss Corner Bar, I miss Aun and Ning, I miss the margaritas and I certainly miss my Corner Bar pals.

Aun got into taking hormones sometime in late 2009 and I'd say pretty much steady since then. I much preferred the pre hormone Aun. Her cock would get hard as diamond from even a small breeze and she's give you as good a rogering as anyone. Now with the hormones, and she must take a lot, she seems to PMS like a middle aged female could do, and you get the moods like that.

You remember my incident with the bell, and what happened when I rang it twice after no response the first time ringing it only once. And of course with her or Ning too for that matter, Michael's balls would be nowhere to be found and they could do or say about anything with no repercussions. Aun ran the bar, while Michael was just there doing PR work, his area of strength, which is what made it such a good place to go.

My recollection of the bell incident is not the same as Lefty's. Correct me if I am wrong Pdogg but I remember Lefty rang once (no response) he rang the second time (no response) then he starting ringing it repeatedly until Aun had enough and rushed over to confiscate the bell. She was pissed and Lefty was offended thinking he had done nothing wrong. :D In Aun defense the bar was very busy that night and both she and Ning were running around tending to other things. But alas, my Lefty was thirsty. :) Gotta love him!

My recollection of the bell incident is not the same as Lefty's. Correct me if I am wrong Pdogg but I remember Lefty rang once (no response) he rang the second time (no response) then he starting ringing it repeatedly until Aun had enough and rushed over to confiscate the bell. She was pissed and Lefty was offended thinking he had done nothing wrong. :D In Aun defense the bar was very busy that night and both she and Ning were running around tending to other things. But alas, my Lefty was thirsty. :) Gotta love him!

You about got it right. However, Thomas came over and took the bell. Also there were several wait staff, not just Aun and Ning, and for the first drink, which that was, we ain't supposed to need to ring it. The bell was for refills. So, I failed to see any humor in it. Rather than taking the bell off the table and not saying a word, Thomas should have told his waiters to pay better attention. Then I had Michael telling me that was the epitome of rudeness to ring the bell more than once. Rather than side with the paying customer like he should have. Fuck that, you Texas brush popper. That incident came very close to causing me to go elsewhere. I wasn't in the mood that night for Thomas's shenanigans or Aun's PMSing attitude. The newness had long worn off such things. I felt that if I were like a twice a month customer, he wouldn't have came over and took the bell. He did it because he thought it won't matter because it was me, and he was probably off the night before and hungover. He used that excuse a lot for various things.

I think I related the story to you, when you arrived a short while later. I was sitting there alone when it happened. I did start drinking more at YaYa after that. Barry is a heck of a nice guy, and I enjoyed visiting with him anyway.

Lefty if you were sitting alone then this was another incident at another time. I was present and witnessed the incident I described above.

Ok, you are probably right. There was an incident with the bell, when I was sitting near the open corner section. No response after a couple of rings, so I rang it repeatedly. Thomas came over and snatched it up like some boy's school headmaster taking a toy from a grammar school kid who had brought one to class. I did finally get a drink and from then on when I wanted another, I just banged the bottom of the glass on the table. Much louder than the bell was. Oh well, their choice. Fuckit.