Did Koyo 7 have the best Pattaya location for a ladyboy bar ever or...?

Stroker

At the end of Beach Road and beside Walking St, with a clear view of all the comings and goings in the area, Koyo 7 in its time was a great location. But was it the best location ever for a ladyboy bar or are/were there better?

It certainly was easy enough to find compared to some bars where guys have reportable walked passed and missed. Great location is subjective of course, where your hotel is situated in relation to a venue being one major consideration, but with its view and access to transport to get to other parts of town rather swiftly it was hard to beat.

At the end of Beach Road and beside Walking St, with a clear view of all the comings and goings in the area, Koyo 7 in its time was a great location. But was it the best location ever for a ladyboy bar or are/were there better?

It certainly was easy enough to find compared to some bars where guys have reportable walked passed and missed. Great location is subjective of course, where your hotel is situated in relation to a venue being one major consideration, but with its view and access to transport to get to other parts of town rather swiftly it was hard to beat.

For me it is not important the bar location, but its menu. And Koyo 7 used to have indeed a good menu  :biggrin:

post-3872-0-58958800-1448733383_thumb.jp

post-3872-0-71724600-1448733398_thumb.jp

• Upvote 3

Not a great location in my opinion. Ladyboy bars are not main stream, therefore no need to site them in these recognised tourist entertainment areas. Plenty are of course especially in Bangkok, although it's doubtful any increased foot flow justifies the higher property rent.

• Upvote 1

Personally I reckon 100's upon 100's of potential customers walked straight past Koyo7 without ever realising there was a ladyboy bar at the top of those escalators. I remember finding it almost by accident only to return the next day with a camera, chatting with Koyo, then taking photos of its location and the girls. That was around the same time Famous Bar was under construction.

Koyo7 felt a bit clinical initially when I first started going there, but over time, once the lighting became more subdued and its popularity grew, it was a very good venue.

Location-wise, sitting on that busy street corner which is almost permanently packed with tourists passing between Beach Road and Walking Street made it a great location on the map, but not in reality.

Much like the Pattaya Beer Garden. Fine and dandy once you're there, but irritating to get to.

• Upvote 1

I searched for it for a few hours over 2 nights on my first trip to Pattaya as it was mentioned in the "best bar for a newbie" thread, asked a bunch of people who had never heard of it and when I finally did get the right place found out it had closed down for good only a short time earlier :)

• Upvote 1

Much like the Pattaya Beer Garden. Fine and dandy once you're there, but irritating to get to.

I have spoken to more than one person who thought they were in the PBG when in fact they were sitting in the bar complex out front. There is even one well known poster who was actually in the PBG yet he when time came to take a wizz he went to the bar complex toilet and paid 5 B thinking it was the main toilet rather than the actual one inside. Someone, not a million miles away from the levers of the forum, spat his beer out in horrified shock when I mentioned this sad tale of wasted money to him at the time.
  • Upvote 1

Before

Personally I reckon 100's upon 100's of potential customers walked straight past Koyo7 without ever realising there was a ladyboy bar at the top of those escalators. I remember finding it almost by accident only to return the next day with a camera, chatting with Koyo, then taking photos of its location and the girls. That was around the same time Famous Bar was under construction.

Location-wise, sitting on that busy street corner which is almost permanently packed with tourists passing between Beach Road and Walking Street made it a great location on the map, but not in reality.

Before there was a Koyo there were beer bars on the same level behind where Koyo was located. I happen to find them one night almost by accident. I was rather fond of one GG at a beer bar and went there a number of times just to play pool. That level had many empty beer bars and towards the end only a few were still in business. People just didn't go up the escalator as mentioned. Too bad as the beer bars upstairs were much nicer and bigger than beer bars on the ground floor. 

• Upvote 1