Ladyboys The Band TV Series Premieres June 9th

Pdoggg

Six Thai ladyboys have teamed up for a new girl band - Gurlz.

The sextet have documented their journey on new Sky Livingit show, Ladyboys: The Band, after being hand-picked from auditions in their native country to originally find just one ladybody singer.

Barry Tomes - who is helping to promote the group, who are the brains of Steps creator Barry Upton - exclusively told Mirror TV: "They are stunning women. When they held the auditions in Thailand between 60 and 70 women turned up.

"We just wanted one singer initially but there were so many great singers that we decided to make a whole band.

"They're not sleazy at all. They're classy women.

"They've recorded 2 songs and there are plans for a full album."

Tomes - who manages White Dee and Benefit Street's Dot Taylor - admitted life can be tough for ladyboys in Thailand so he is hoping they can make it big in the music industry.

He added: "Ladyboys can get persecuted in their own country and some get £2 for sex to earn a living. It's tragic.

"One thing we did tell them is that this is going to be a family show so we don't want any flashing or anything like that."

And one of the girls has even drawn comparisons to former Spice Girls singer Victoria Beckham.

Barry added: "Paris is particularly good - she's very Victoria Beckham-like."

As well as their single and album possibilities, Gurlz are also in talks about going on tour later this year.

He said: "We're in talks with a cosmetic company about sponsoring a tour which will hopefully go ahead in September if we can get everything sorted."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/six-classy-thai-ladyboys-team-5851353

Paris

post-7348-0-91167500-1433865251_thumb.jp

Alex

post-7348-0-76791300-1433865282_thumb.jp

I hope it goes well for them - a few other lb groups didn't make it despite being backed by large music companies - Venus Flytrap was backed by Sony. Lady from Korea was backed by one of the big Korean music companies.

Sometimes reality TV stars can become famous, so there is a chance for them.

Liz Hasselback from the View got her start on the reality show Survivor.

Maybe Alex will be the next Kim Kardashian!  :drinks:

Production Year: 2015 Producer: Redback Productions

Over two series, viewers have come to know and love the ladyboys of Thailand, and the men who love them. This new series returns to Pattaya, where British plumber Scott and his Thai ladyboy partner Pang have set up Thailands premier ladyboy bar. While Pang is busy running the bar, Scott decides the world is ready for a ladyboy band.

Luckily, hes friends with platinum-selling songwriter and award-winning producer Barry Upton, famous for creating the band Steps. Barry and Scott audition hundreds of hopefuls in their search for the perfect ladyboy popstars.

Along the way, we meet some British men who have followed their hearts to Thailand to date the women of their dreams. Looking beyond the stereotypes, this new series explores genuine relationships and the struggles for acceptance that ladyboys still face in Thailand.

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard that there is a new line up, as two or three of the girls from the series have now left the band. One of the new girls is Tata. Yes, Tata ex Ezy Bar and up until recently detained AHMP. Totally selfish of me, but I now hope they don't make it too big, i.e international fame. A few years ago Tata spent a week in Samui with me and my dear old folks, and I managed to get through the week with them convince she was a GG. If the band becomes internationally famous I may have some explaining to do.

Yikes.......

• Upvote 3

I have heard that there is a new line up, as two or three of the girls from the series have now left the band. One of the new girls is Tata. Yes, Tata ex Ezy Bar and up until recently detained AHMP. Totally selfish of me, but I now hope they don't make it too big, i.e international fame. A few years ago Tata spent a week in Samui with me and my dear old folks, and I managed to get through the week with them convince she was a GG. If the band becomes internationally famous I may have some explaining to do.

Yikes.......

classic.....