Summer Is Here

Although the solstice is a month away, Memorial Day weekend is the unofficial start of summer in the States.

One of my favorite weekends, not as hot as July 4th, and Labor Day is kind of depressing with back to school memories.

Have fun at the Jersey Shore, Cape Cod, Fire Island, or wherever you go to get out of town!   :party0049::party0011:

• Upvote 1

Thanks PD, the weather has been excellent recently, too!

Today about 70 and sunny, tomorrow even warmer.......cool and crisp nights for sleeping, basically perfect.  I am heading down to the Atlantic Ocean today, about 45 minutes east;  my brother has a house over there and will surely be throwing some burgers on the grill.

I'll never forget being in County Meath with my daughter in late June, hanging out on the banks of Lough Sheelin late into the evening outside our lovely bed and breakfast; it was close to 11pm and still just kind of gray out, not even really dark yet.

I took this pic that night, maybe around 9 or 930.

Compared to Thailand, which is usually about 6:30 pm year 'round, and even this part of the USA  - we barely make it till 8:45 on the solstice - that is some great extra time to stay outdoors and have fun.

post-107-0-48354200-1432398421_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

I'll never forget being in County Meath with my daughter in late June, hanging out on the banks of Lough Sheelin late into the evening outside our lovely bed and breakfast; it was close to 11pm and still just kind of gray out, not even really dark yet.

I took this pic that night, maybe around 9 or 930.

Where is this , JD?  Its like here, we have 4 hours between 11pm-3am where its like dawn, not dark. Sun comes up around 3:15. I love this time too. To ride the bicycle down to the sea, sit and watch the sun rise with no other people around you  is  pure magic.

Where is this , JD?  Its like here, we have 4 hours between 11pm-3am where its like dawn, not dark. Sun comes up around 3:15. I love this time too. To ride the bicycle down to the sea, sit and watch the sun rise with no other people around you  is  pure magic.

I'll be there seven on June 11th. I love it too. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would grow such a love and affiliation with Sweden, hahahahaha. But here I am travelling there every chance I get. Life is strange and wonderful. Can't wait to get on the plane. Perhaps blasphemy for some but it's as exciting as getting on a plane for Swampy.  :biggrin:

By the solstice I will have been living full-time in Saigon for 11 years.

This lead-in to summer has been the worst season I have experienced in all that time. Usually normal temperatures (34-36C) but the humidity has been the killer. Muggy horrid oppressive days & the nights only slightly better. We are hanging out for the rains to start. Have had a few storms but nothing serious. This is a very late wet season, and it's taking its toll. Rashes on skin, lethargy, depression even. Not nice place to be.

At this time of year Saigon is usually well into our Wet, and the rainy cloudy days are often cooler than non-summer. But not this time.

So different from days of all you who live further from the Tropics.

Central Ireland, about an hour west of Dublin.

Horse country!  Lovely place, nice people, stays light till almost 11pm in late June;  fantastic.